Become a Patron!

Coil spacing to improve flavor!!??

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, I saw a Youtube review of some RDA and he spaced the coils.. I mean, like grabbing at
both ends and pulling them to create space.
He said it improves the flavor and prevents spit-back....

I havent tried it, and dont know if it really makes that much difference..

I am currently using 22ga round kanthal wire cuz waiting for some alien claptons in the mail..

Do you guys space your coils??? :cheers:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I usually do. With simpler builds I do notice a difference. Not as much with thicker builds. Truthfully I space fused Clapton's ss because it much quicker to get even glow. Especially with dual builds.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always space my SS coils (clapton, twisted, single strand round wire, etc) and always vape in TC mode. Not positive if it improved flavor for me or not at this point since it has been so long since I vaped contact coils.

I usually do. With simpler builds I do notice a difference. Not as much with thicker builds. Truthfully I space fused Clapton's ss because it much quicker to get even glow. Especially with dual builds.

This is another added benefit I didn't think to mention.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I seldom use tc. Always get frustrated and back to vw within a few mls. Setting watts is what annoys me.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks 4 the feedback u guys.. i will try it my next build.. Just a little confused, because i always see ppl
using tweezers to pinch their coils together when burning them in.. so pulling them apart didnt make sense... lol

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I space for TC and contact for power mode. A lot of mods fail at TC with contact coils, some do ok and a small few don't care if it's contact or spaced.

You should get more wire contact with cotton spacing a simple single wire but if you are using a clapton or more elaborate wire you have a ton of contact and flavor anyway. In that case, it just depends on if you are running TC or not.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I space for TC and contact for power mode. A lot of mods fail at TC with contact coils, some do ok and a small few don't care if it's contact or spaced.

You should get more wire contact with cotton spacing a simple single wire but if you are using a clapton or more elaborate wire you have a ton of contact and flavor anyway. In that case, it just depends on if you are running TC or not.

Ok, thanks 4 that info.. I have never used the TC mode, only watts, but am buying some ss wire to play with.

Can u do TC on those alien claptons that have kanthal core but ss wraps????

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, thanks 4 that info.. I have never used the TC mode, only watts, but am buying some ss wire to play with.

Can u do TC on those alien claptons that have kanthal core but ss wraps????

You can if you've got either a Hohmwrecker G2 or a Hohm Slice, and spacing doesn't matter. I personally find that simple contact coils make better flavor for me than spaced - all other things being equal. Burning in coils is easy. I only have the use of one hand and I do it with no problem.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've tried and didn't like the micro or contact coils. I seemed to burn the center of the wick inside the coil. I also can't grasp the fact that how does juice get through to vaporize when the coil is tightly bound together, more to a single wire micro than something like a clapton. Some of the spaced clapton coils I make are just spaced enough to get a business card between the wraps, so spaced doesn't necessarily have to have a wide space in the wraps. As long as juice can get through no matter how small the space is.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So, I saw a Youtube review of some RDA and he spaced the coils.. I mean, like grabbing at
both ends and pulling them to create space.
He said it improves the flavor and prevents spit-back....

I havent tried it, and dont know if it really makes that much difference..

I am currently using 22ga round kanthal wire cuz waiting for some alien claptons in the mail..

Do you guys space your coils??? :cheers:
I always space my coils, stock coils are spaced for a reason, more cotton/juice contact. I tried contact coils but haven't used them in years. SS, Kanthal, Nichrome, power mode or TC, its spaced :)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any of the multiwire builds like claptons, alien or whatever has wraps on a core wire. Those wraps are like little juice wells so IMO thats why spaced clapton/multiwire perform much better than contact. Using a thin wire(34-40+gauge) to wrap with and/or low resistance wire and claptons work much better. Its the core wire that registers on the mod and the wraps just transfer heat so the thinner the wrap wire the better the vape and less toll on the batteries.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any of the multiwire builds like claptons, alien or whatever has wraps on a core wire. Those wraps are like little juice wells so IMO thats why spaced clapton/multiwire perform much better than contact. Using a thin wire(34-40+gauge) to wrap with and/or low resistance wire and claptons work much better. Its the core wire that registers on the mod and the wraps just transfer heat so the thinner the wrap wire the better the vape and less toll on the batteries.

Do you buy your alien claptons pre-made, and then put them on a jig or something and space them apart a little?

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never noticed a big difference in flavor, but it seems like spaced coils last a bit longer to me. Aliens however do seem to produce more flavor, I think you will like them.

Thanks. Yeah, Innokin had 2 clapton coils in the Eurus RDA and I used them.. u are right, the difference in flavor is noticeable .... :)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you buy your alien claptons pre-made, and then put them on a jig or something and space them apart a little?

I use clapton coils and just wrap them on a metal dowel I have. I won a bunch of premade clapton, alien and spools of wire. I have enough claptons made I might not use the premade claptons I won, the aliens are too wide and fat for the attys I have so I have to buy a atty to use them...sooner or later. I'm not sure how I would space them until I sat down one day and installed a alien build.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use contact coils in TC with SS316L and have no problems with it failing. Might be a problem with the MOD if it fails?

No shit! I use contact coils of all types in my G2 in tc. Aliens, fused claptons, simple single wire coils - all kanthalA1. I use them in XXX mode, but I get better flavor, less spitback, and a lot nicer vape experience than with spaced coils. I tried spacing when I first began building because I was afraid to try working out hotspots. Once I learned how to do it though, it's easier for me to work out hotspots than to fiddle around with spacing.

I haven't tried SS yet, but I just got a roll of wire so I'll spin up a couple of coils and try it soon.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't tried SS yet, but I just got a roll of wire so I'll spin up a couple of coils and try it soon.
I been vaping and building over 4 years nothing but kanthal and just within the last 6 months discovered SS. After the first SS TC build I realized that I sold myself short all that time just vaping kanthal. SS added another level of vape nirvana to my journey.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use NiChrome or SS 22 or 24g for faster glow. Right now I'm using Kanthal cores, and the ramp up time is okay, but it absolutely sucks compared to NiChrome cores. Only reason I'm using Kanthal cores is because I'm waiting for my 26g NiChrome in the mail. The place I order from (KBee's) ships USPS to save money, which I appreciate despite the longer wait time. I just have to reorder sooner than I normally would. :)

I've used both spaced claptons and compressed claptons, and I don't notice much of a difference. However, I've been experimenting with parallels with 24g claptons and 28g NiChrome twisted wires, and the flavor is quite good on those.

Last edited:

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I been vaping and building over 4 years nothing but kanthal and just within the last 6 months discovered SS. After the first SS TC build I realized that I sold myself short all that time just vaping kanthal. SS added another level of vape nirvana to my journey.

So now u r using ss316? What mod are u using and what temp?

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use NiChrome or SS 22 or 24g for faster glow. Right now I'm using Kanthal cores, and the ramp up time is okay, but it absolutely sucks compared to NiChrome cores. Only reason I'm using Kanthal cores is because I'm waiting for my 26g NiChrome in the mail. The place I order from (KBee's) ships USPS to save money, which I appreciate despite the longer wait time. I just have to reorder sooner than I normally would. :)

I've used both spaced claptons and compressed claptons, and I don't notice much of a difference. However, I've been experimenting with parallels with 24g claptons and 28g NiChrome twisted wires, and the flavor is quite good on those.

I haven't don't much experimenting with nichrome yet..just kanthal core and ss wraps....

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So now u r using ss316? What mod are u using and what temp?

Ya....pretty much using only SS now in all my builds and haven't really touched the kanthal. Bought myself a couple 250' spools of 34SS and a spool of 28SS from lightingvapes in ebay cause Temco was back ordered and now expensive for stainless to build claptons with. A place called Crazywire out of the UK has SS up to 46 gauge but in no hurry to buy. I bought Silica from them eons ago to put into my protanks.
I don't mind the 26SS but the 24 is a bit thick and low for my liking. I do still build a 28kan/34SS 1.3ohm clapton to fire my provari as my take to work setup but as for mods I've got many on the go all the time. IStick100TC, couple kanger Kbox, IStick 200TC and Sigelei book, both Isticks have the arcticfox installed so playing with settings and still playing. The temp is anywhere from 380F to 420F, still working on the TCR and TFR in the AF but don't really use them prolly cause I don't have them set right as of yet.
I did a pile of temp control reading and research thats confusing as hell so caught the basics then flying by the seat of my pants the rest and still learning but taking a massive power hit using TC, not burning the coil, not getting so hot you cough and smooth all through the vape was just amazing to me, something you can't do with kanthal.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

That's what I'm hoping for myself. Right now I'm TCing Kanthal on my Hohmwrecker G2 but it's finicky to keep it right sometimes. The least bit of juice or microscopic speck of dirt on the 510 will change the resistance just enough to cause you to have to fiddle with adjustment to get a good vape. I love TC since I finally figured out the settings on this mod and I'm hoping SS will make it better.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't don't much experimenting with nichrome yet..just kanthal core and ss wraps....

Ever since I started working with 28g NiChrome I fell in love with it, but 28g has been kind of finicky for me to work with. I can't really get the spacing on my claptons exactly right every time the way I can with 24g Kanthal. Though to be fair, spaced claptons do still seem to work better than pure naked wire for me. I tried storebought claptons as well (28g Kanthal/32g Kanthal I think? It's the "Demon Killer" brand), but it doesn't seem to do as well.

That's what I'm hoping for myself. Right now I'm TCing Kanthal on my Hohmwrecker G2 but it's finicky to keep it right sometimes. The least bit of juice or microscopic speck of dirt on the 510 will change the resistance just enough to cause you to have to fiddle with adjustment to get a good vape. I love TC since I finally figured out the settings on this mod and I'm hoping SS will make it better.

I've seen pictures of the Hohmwrecker, and it just looks like a bloody box. However, can it fit an Obese Buddha well? It's a 36mm RDA. If so, I'm gonna buy one anyhow. I don't want to have to shell out near $200 for a Hammer of God V3, which I know can fit an Obese Buddha and probably a Mason 40mm since it's not much bigger. I'm using mine on my RX250 and it looks clunky as hell, as you can see from the pic. My friend loves to tease me about that, LOL! He wanted to get the Obese Buddha for himself tho, and I got the last one he had in stock, so I guess that's his way of getting revenge so to speak. It works great tho, and that's all I really care about.

DSCN0462[1].JPG

One reason I bought the Obese Buddha is because it helps me avoid the air flow problems I might encounter on my 24mm and the juice seems to last longer, though that could just be me.

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've seen pictures of the Hohmwrecker, and it just looks like a bloody box. However, can it fit an Obese Buddha well? It's a 36mm RDA. If so, I'm gonna buy one anyhow. I don't want to have to shell out near $200 for a Hammer of God V3, which I know can fit an Obese Buddha and probably a Mason 40mm since it's not much bigger. I'm using mine on my RX250 and it looks clunky as hell, as you can see from the pic. My friend loves to tease me about that, LOL! He wanted to get the Obese Buddha for himself tho, and I got the last one he had in stock, so I guess that's his way of getting revenge so to speak. It works great tho, and that's all I really care about.

View attachment 89399

One reason I bought the Obese Buddha is because it helps me avoid the air flow problems I might encounter on my 24mm and the juice seems to last longer, though that could just be me.

No, sadly as big as the box is, it's only 24mm thick. A 24mm atty is perfect on it and 25mm doesn't look bad with just a smidge of overhang. A 36mm atty would hang over like a 300 pound woman on a bicycle! :)

Last edited:

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I'm going to have to endure the goading, because I'm not sinking $200 into a box just to "save face" when I can't really afford it. That would be beyond the realm of idiocy, LOL!

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Since clapton builds the core wire registers on the mod and the wraps just transfer the heat so thinner wrap wire saves ramp up time and battery life. I began removing wraps at the set screws for a more consistent secure connection. Wraps can shift around loosening in the set screw that could be part of fluctuating resistance readings. Not every build needs the wraps removed but some do and so far its working for me with claptons that I don't think are performing like they should.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, sadly as big as the box is, it's only 24mm thick. A 24mm atty is perfect on it and 25mm doesn't look bad with just a smidge of overhang. A 36mm atty would hang over like a 300 pound woman on a bicycle! :)

Or like me after a good Friday night out on the town. :D You know those kind... the kind where you don't remember shit the next day, and your friends tell you about how you ended up putting a lamp shade on your head, or something to that effect.

Last edited:

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Yeah, I saw the interview with the Hohmwrecker g2 designer on youtube and he said the tc was really touchy.. even setting it up indoors and taking it outside will screw up everything... too complicated for me... lol

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ever since I started working with 28g NiChrome I fell in love with it, but 28g has been kind of finicky for me to work with. I can't really get the spacing on my claptons exactly right every time the way I can with 24g Kanthal. Though to be fair, spaced claptons do still seem to work better than pure naked wire for me. I tried storebought claptons as well (28g Kanthal/32g Kanthal I think? It's the "Demon Killer" brand), but it doesn't seem to do as well.

View attachment 89399

Wow!!! what kind of ramp-up do u need for that monster?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes. If you get one with as narrow a bore as you can without it cutting down your preferred air flow, the flavor will improve. Wide bore tips kill flavor.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes. If you get one with as narrow a bore as you can without it cutting down your preferred air flow, the flavor will improve. Wide bore tips kill flavor.

Oh, I thought it was the other way around.... !!??

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was having problems with TC until I read a post about spacing coils. I now space my stainless clapton coils and have no more issues running TC. It may be the mod but for whatever reason it works for me. Great flavor and TC works perfectly.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow!!! what kind of ramp-up do u need for that monster?

Well I know it took a couple seconds to warm up my current build (2 fused claptons with 2x 24g Kanthal cores and 38g SS wrap) when these coils were fresh and with no wick. I don't really think about ramp up time once it's wicked, but this thing can really put out some clouds once it gets going, and the flavor is awesome. That's all I've really cared about. I don't participate in comps tho, nor do I plan to anytime soon. (Yeah, I'm pretty much a newbie, as you can probably tell.)

I could probably knock that down quite a bit with NiChrome cores, but I gotta wait till my 26g NiChrome order comes in Friday. I'm fresh out right now.

Yeah, I saw the interview with the Hohmwrecker g2 designer on youtube and he said the tc was really touchy.. even setting it up indoors and taking it outside will screw up everything... too complicated for me... lol

Seems to be the case with the Hohm Slice as well. Sometimes my Kanthal TC will barely produce anything, other times it smokes like a chimney, and I basically keep it at the same settings every time - 470 degrees at 101 watts, the highest it can go. That's why I have the RX250 - I can go higher on that if, for example, I'm using my apple pie juice and want a warmer vape. It's freaking awesome vaping apple pie juice at 140 watts, for example. I only go that high on quads though. Right now I'm at 0.18 ohms, and the RDA will get hotter than the blazes of Hell if I go that high... not to mention the fact that the juice will taste like I just took a big drink of sulfuric acid straight from the beaker. Although this mod won't explode because it's regulated, getting a dry hit like that is definitely not fun!

Last edited:

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I know it took a couple seconds to warm up my current build (2 fused claptons with 2x 24g Kanthal cores and 38g SS wrap) when these coils were fresh and with no wick. I don't really think about ramp up time once it's wicked, but this thing can really put out some clouds once it gets going, and the flavor is awesome. That's all I've really cared about. I don't participate in comps tho, nor do I plan to anytime soon. (Yeah, I'm pretty much a newbie, as you can probably tell.)

I could probably knock that down quite a bit with NiChrome cores, but I gotta wait till my 26g NiChrome order comes in Friday. I'm fresh out right now.

Seems to be the case with the Hohm Slice as well. Sometimes my Kanthal TC will barely produce anything, other times it smokes like a chimney, and I basically keep it at the same settings every time - 470 degrees at 101 watts, the highest it can go. That's why I have the RX250 - I can go higher on that if, for example, I'm using my apple pie juice and want a warmer vape. It's freaking awesome vaping apple pie juice at 140 watts, for example. I only go that high on quads though. Right now I'm at 0.18 ohms, and the RDA will get hotter than the blazes of Hell if I go that high... not to mention the fact that the juice will taste like I just took a big drink of sulfuric acid straight from the beaker. Although this mod won't explode because it's regulated, getting a dry hit like that is definitely not fun!

I don't think I have ever gone over 80w, regardless of build.. but yeah, 140w at 0.18 sounds pretty serious for a rda that's only 1/2'' from your lips... :bomb:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I believe that's probably only for kanthal since kanthal resistance changes so little and the chip has to be hyper-sensitive to read it. It's not that bad, actually. It usually just means turning the temp up or down by 10 degrees or so on occasion. Even doing that, it's still awesome being able to vape in TC when the only coils you've got are kanthal, or a mixture of different wires. On a rare occasion you might need to adjust fsk setting, but most times only when you change attys.

I'm normally a low-watt vaper...in the 40-50 watt range, but with the coils I'm vaping right now, I've got it set on 100 watts/480 degrees and it's just about what I enjoy. I've vaped the tank dry to the point of getting a "new cotton" taste several times and have never gotten that burning cotton taste.

If I didn't have this mod, I'd still be vaping in watts mode. In order to get a good fast ramp, these coils require at least 65 watts and that's just too hot for me but in TC, I can set the power up for quick ramp, and the temp will stay down to a vapeable level.

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I've made a huge discovery (for me at least) since last night. Getting weak hits on an fsk chipped mod in tc most of the time means the wicking is too tight.

If you're not getting enough juice in the coil, the chip thinks the tank is out of juice and cuts the power down to prevent dry hits and you get a weak hit. Like I said above, the fsk chip is soooo sensitive, if your wicking is a little bit too tight, it'll adjust for it.

I got to wondering about it after I left the mod sitting for about 2 hours. Before, it was hitting a bit weak so, I said screw it and grabbed another rig while I watched a movie on tv. After the movie went off, on a whim I picked the G2 back up and took a hit, and it was great. So, I pulled the tank down and rewicked it with a little less cotton and ever since it's been hitting fine every pull at 171 watts and 480 degrees. The ramp up is instant on these aliens and the draw is smooth as silk!

So, my big discovery is... Wicking Is Everything. Especially on the Hohmwrecker and Slice when trying to TC Kanthal. On a different mod, that's not as sensitive, it may not make as much difference but with an fsk chip, everything has to be just right in my opinion. Much more so than if you're used to only vaping in watts mode.

Yeah, it can get aggravating, but once you get it, the vape is glorious!

A lot of people will say "that's too much trouble to go through" but I swear, it's worth it to get it right if you care about your vape. I didn't know how good it could be until I finally got it right.

I'm putting some SS316 coils in one of my drippers today to see if SS performance is better than Kanthal. I'll drop in later to update.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe that's probably only for kanthal since kanthal resistance changes so little and the chip has to be hyper-sensitive to read it. It's not that bad, actually. It usually just means turning the temp up or down by 10 degrees or so on occasion. Even doing that, it's still awesome being able to vape in TC when the only coils you've got are kanthal, or a mixture of different wires. On a rare occasion you might need to adjust fsk setting, but most times only when you change attys.

I'm normally a low-watt vaper...in the 40-50 watt range, but with the coils I'm vaping right now, I've got it set on 100 watts/480 degrees and it's just about what I enjoy. I've vaped the tank dry to the point of getting a "new cotton" taste several times and have never gotten that burning cotton taste.

If I didn't have this mod, I'd still be vaping in watts mode. In order to get a good fast ramp, these coils require at least 65 watts and that's just too hot for me but in TC, I can set the power up for quick ramp, and the temp will stay down to a vapeable level.

Oh yeah, your right, I do remember now.. the guy who was interviewing him was skeptical about the TC mode using kanthal.. so that's what
he was talking about. I'm sure ss would be much more stable....

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've made a huge discovery (for me at least) since last night. Getting weak hits on an fsk chipped mod in tc most of the time means the wicking is too tight.

If you're not getting enough juice in the coil, the chip thinks the tank is out of juice and cuts the power down to prevent dry hits and you get a weak hit. Like I said above, the fsk chip is soooo sensitive, if your wicking is a little bit too tight, it'll adjust for it.

I got to wondering about it after I left the mod sitting for about 2 hours. Before, it was hitting a bit weak so, I said screw it and grabbed another rig while I watched a movie on tv. After the movie went off, on a whim I picked the G2 back up and took a hit, and it was great. So, I pulled the tank down and rewicked it with a little less cotton and ever since it's been hitting fine every pull at 171 watts and 480 degrees. The ramp up is instant on these aliens and the draw is smooth as silk!

So, my big discovery is... Wicking Is Everything. Especially on the Hohmwrecker and Slice when trying to TC Kanthal. On a different mod, that's not as sensitive, it may not make as much difference but with an fsk chip, everything has to be just right in my opinion. Much more so than if you're used to only vaping in watts mode.

A lot of people will say "that's too much trouble to go through" but I swear, it's worth it to get it right if you care about your vape. I didn't know how good it could be until I finally got it right.

I'm putting some SS316 coils in one of my drippers today to see if SS performance is better than Kanthal. I'll drop in later to update.

Makes perfect sense to me.. that's why I like wide coils (3 to 4mm). When I make my own, I use my 3.5mm jig.. easier to wick, more
cotton = more juice :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes any wire with LESS resistance should be better. Most mods are NOT sensytive enough for Kanthal, never heard it the other way. The Nichrome will TC better than Kanthal, SS better than Nichrome, Beyond Stainless i think it more personal preference. But Ti and Ni should be more accurate than the other 3.. But accuracy doesn't meant you get a better vape.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes any wire with LESS resistance should be better. Most mods are NOT sensytive enough for Kanthal, never heard it the other way. The Nichrome will TC better than Kanthal, SS better than Nichrome, Beyond Stainless i think it more personal preference. But Ti and Ni should be more accurate than the other 3.. But accuracy doesn't meant you get a better vape.

I wouldn't necessarily deliberately choose kanthal for a tc vape, but it's nice to be able to use it when one of the accepted tc materials isn't available. Since I discovered how enjoyable temp control can be, I don't ever want to go back to watts again if I can help it. I just don't like all that heat.

I don't pretend to understand how the fsk chip does its magic with kanthal tc, I just enjoy it since I finally got a workable combination. :)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered a Mason 30mm RDA from eBay (only place I could find it). Hoping that will give me loads of space 4 big coils :)

That 30mm Mason is nice. You could really put some huge ass coils in the 40 as well, but you'd have to have a mod the size of a phone book to put it on to keep it from hanging over the sides. :)

VU Sponsors