Become a Patron!

Coil suggestions

So I recently got into vaping after I quit smoking and it's been great so far. I've lately been having issues with my build. I've got a 24awg stovetop in a Tobh RDA sitting on a Ragnarok, and even if I saturate the cotton, it still tastes burnt. I just recoiled it recently, and the coils are supposed to be somewhat gunky in order to get a less harsh hit. It wasn't that way when I did stovetops the first time. Honestly, I'm getting to the point where I'm done with the stovetop. Does anyone have any good coil builds that allow max vapor and flavor without burning rapidly?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have tried a few different sexy coil styles and always go back to the tried and true micro (or contact) coil. 2mm to 2.5mm depending on how much space I have to work with.

KISS rule wins as usual, it's simple & effective.

With a traditional coil you don't want gunk, that will taste burnt so dry burn between wick changes. Can't comment on stove top style.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The standard microcoil build has always served me well.
I vape about 10ml of liquid, do a dry burn and replace the wick.

No issues and plenty of flavor and vapor.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What they ^ said.
The most complicated I get is to turn regular micro coils vertical. I especially like doing that in the tobh.
It's not really complicated at all, but it allows me to easily see how much juice I have. I don't enjoy dry hits,
so I like to look often.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The same as all the rest have stated. I tried a few fancier coils and ended up going back to the micro coil or twisted wire micro. About the only thing I change is coil size or wraps now but on average I would say its a 1.2 ohm area that I stay in and I don't have issues with burnt taste. I change my wick material on average every two days and burn the coil off before I put in new wick.

VU Sponsors