Become a Patron!

Coil taking several seconds to fire up

Hi guys,

I bought the Kangertech MOW tank last week, and is probably the best tank I've used so far.
However, my EVOD twist battery broke 4 days ago, and has since been forced to use a regular ego battery, one of the cheap ones - And now my coil takes around 2 - 3 seconds to heat up, which is pretty annoying.

My question is - Is it because of the cheap battery (My CE4 tank starts immediately), or is it my coil that's the issue?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi guys,

I bought the Kangertech MOW tank last week, and is probably the best tank I've used so far.
However, my EVOD twist battery broke 4 days ago, and has since been forced to use a regular ego battery, one of the cheap ones - And now my coil takes around 2 - 3 seconds to heat up, which is pretty annoying.

My question is - Is it because of the cheap battery (My CE4 tank starts immediately), or is it my coil that's the issue?
@Martin Nielsen .. if you have a high ohm coil in your tank, this will cause slow warm up on a basic ego battery. It really depends on how many volts your battery is putting out to the coil.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The coil is at 1.5 ohms, so it's not that high.
The battery is putting out 3.7 volts.
You're right... that should actually be the opposite... running hot.
In this case I would say its the battery... sounds like its not taking/holding a charge... any chance you can post a pic?

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My first guess is that your coil is not built properly. Have you been able to measure that it consistently reads 1.5 ohms? If not, I recommend checking it out. It really sounds like there might be a short (not a dead short).

Totally different thought, it's been a while since I used a regular ego and theres also a lot of different manufacturers out there, so I don't know exactly how yours is reacting, but keep in mind a standard ego has about a 2 to 2.5 amp limit (at least that's what I recall). At 3.7v 1.5 ohm you're running about 2.47 amps, which is right in the range where your battery has to limit itself. I don't really see how this would cause the issue you're having, but it might be another variable to consider.

VU Sponsors