Become a Patron!

CoilArt coils

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Received my CoilArt coils sample pack Monday - been having to do WAY too much wage compensated adulting to play wif em, but today is the the day!

First off, big thank you to CoilArt for giving me a chance to try these out - right out of the packaging, already impressed - packaging is clean and solid, coils look to be very well constructed

What I received: CTBVC sample pack (compatible with Atlantis, Triton, etc)
What's in the package: 0.2 ohm Kanthal, 0.5ohm Kanthal, Ceramic Coil, Alien Clapton, Quad Twisted

Will be taking the ceramic for a test drive initially in a Tobeco Super Tank Mini

** ceramic coil seems to be crossthreaded - would not thread into either the supertank mini or the triton 2… could not get it to seat in either, tried cleaning threads with small brush… not sure about this one.. **update - was able to get it threaded in freemax starre base as well as a different Tobeco STM (which is odd, because according to the authenticity codes, both of them were authentic…) - will test it out in the Tobeco STM with same vanilla custard used on quad twisted test… so, keeping with what I have learned about ceramics, started low wattage (12w - coil is reading .84ohms) took a couple puffs… almost no vapor… raised it to 18w, started to get some vapor… 24w, very decent vapor production, though flavor a little muted… going to let it sit for a bit…

** quad twisted coil - threaded in to both bases with zero issues… put in the tobeco super tank mini, loaded up some vanilla custard and put it on my evic vtc mini… started at 25w, just to get it broken it, light vapor… moved up to 30w (coil is reading .39ohms, by the way) and significantly more vapor, seems to be wicking just fine… very nice flavor… moved up to 35w - excellent vape - very good flavor, nice warm vape - and no spitback at all at any of those wattages… thus far, definitely prefer the quad twisted…

(in keeping with the contest/ round 2 parameters, tagging 5 folks for their own shot at free coils to try!)

@Moueix @JuicyLucy @always9988 @kad2371 @pwheeler

Will update as I continue testing - thanks again, CoilArt!

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
**update - came back to the ceramic after it sat for a bit - running it at 34w, very nice vape, very clean - flavor still seems a bit lighter than on the quad twisted, though, but nice coil

thus far, the two that i have tried have both been excellent coils - would rate them above the OEM coils for sure

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So are these rebuildable coils or just an aftermarket replaceable coil?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
**update - came back to the ceramic after it sat for a bit - running it at 34w, very nice vape, very clean - flavor still seems a bit lighter than on the quad twisted, though, but nice coil

thus far, the two that i have tried have both been excellent coils - would rate them above the OEM coils for sure
Interesting, was thinking about buying the Target tank to give ceramic coils a shot.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Doc, have you tried a coil in the Atlantis....I have a few of them stockpiled. These ceramic coils have peaked my interest.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Doc, have you tried a coil in the Atlantis....I have a few of them stockpiled. These ceramic coils have peaked my interest.
I have not - ended up pif'n my Atlantis tanks... But very good in the tobeco super tank mini - and those are Atlantis style coils also... Resistance on ceramics at about 0.8ohm, so can run lower wattage and still get really good vape

Sent from Tapavapatalk

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So are these rebuildable coils or just an aftermarket replaceable coil?
Aftermarket replaceable, but very well made... My only real complaint would be that though I have tried to find them in a variety of places, even spoken with them directly, unable to purchase the ss316L ones yet by themselves... And that is the one I really want to get me paws on...

Sent from Tapavapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Aftermarket replaceable, but very well made... My only real complaint would be that though I have tried to find them in a variety of places, even spoken with them directly, unable to purchase the ss316L ones yet by themselves... And that is the one I really want to get me paws on...

Sent from Tapavapatalk
Yeah, that's the one I want too. I use 316L almost exclusively.

VU Sponsors