Become a Patron!

CapVanillaCustard

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
35617503_235581107252240_3008127512807997440_n.jpg

CoilART Mage RTA V2 Review

Hi everyone! I was sent the Mage RTA V2 and Mage Subtank by Coilart to review. My reviews usually run long and a lot of you prefer shorter ones, so I'll try to keep this one brief.

The RTA
It's a dual coil, post-less, bottom honeycomb airflow RTA. It's 24mm in diameter and 42mm tall from the base including the drip tip. For extras it comes with a bubble tank, spare o-rings and a 510 adapter. It comes in five colors, I have the gunmetal version. It's one of the best looking tanks I've seen so far!

It holds 3ml of juice in the standard tank, 5ml in the bubble tank. The frosted acrylic bubble tank has to be the best bubble tank I've ever seen. The frosted finish looks amazing with the gunmetal body. Since it's acrylic I don't have to worry about accidentally breaking it.

The included 810 drip tip has a pretty narrow bore, hinting this might not be a high airflow RTA. The drip tip also has a groove along the base that catches the drip tip o-ring on the top cap. As a result the tip sits a bit sturdier than usual. I think a thicker o-ring would have achieved the same result but I do applaud them for at least trying to innovate.

sDuCaq9.jpg

Photos - Album
Build Deck
It's a post-less deck. Coilart claims it's 24k gold plated. Air hits the coil from the bottom through a series of holes laid out in a "honeycomb" pattern. The air reaches the deck via 3 adjustable intake slots at the base of the tank.

You can tweak the build without draining the tank. Just keep it upside down and unscrew the base. Don't move the tank + cap too much otherwise juice will leak out.

If you're using wide, flat wires you need to pre-twist the legs because the screws are parallel to the coils. No big deal, it worked fairly well for me.

You have to get your height perfect otherwise flavor suffers. When in doubt build higher. I built my third and fourth build a little higher than the ones photographed, and the results were much better.

It's not difficult to build on but I would probably not recommend this to be someone's first rebuildable.

qgBqvnV.jpg

Flavor & Draw
I use the same juice to review all atomizers for consistency. As mentioned above building higher leads to better flavor. I apologize I didn't photograph my subsequent builds which I built even higher.

The chimney is narrower than usual, so much so that this could have been a 510 RTA. When fully open the draw is middle of the road in terms of smoothness and noise, and gets better as you close it down further.

Looking at the airflow on the deck you would think it's a pretty airy RDA. It's actually surprisingly tight. There's quite a bit of restriction even with the airflow fully open due to the size of the holes and the narrow chimney. I would say the airflow fully open here is roughly the same as having 1/3rd of the holes open on the Blitzen.

Due to the channeled airflow and the narrow chimney, the vapor is noticeably warmer at the same wattage than say the GeekVape Blitzen, a direct airflow and wider chimney RTA. This will be a pro to some people, and a con to some others.

The flavor is not the best I've had in an RTA (Blitzen), but it's not bad by any means. I'd rate this above average. If you like a warmer vape this is in your alley.

ygeB0yk.jpg

Pros
  • Great build quality, fit and finish.

• Doesn't leak at all

• You can adjust the build without draining the tank.

• Excellent Bubble glass

• Knurling looks and works great, and is there wherever necessary.

• Holds a ton of juice with the bubble tank.
Cons
  • Not so easy to build

• Top cap collects a lot of juice under the drip tip.

• Chimney shaft is quite narrow. 810 and dual coil might not have been necessary.

Conclusion

Version 2 of the Mage RTA has got a lot of good things going for it. This is definitely one of the best looking RTAs. It's the first time I found knurling attractive! The bubble tank is phenomenal. It's short yet holds a lot of juice. It doesn't leak at all!

The build quality, fit and finish will make you think it costs much more than it does. The flavor out of it isn't the best I've ever had but it's certainly not far off.

I joined Instagram recently. I usually post photos of the gear leading up to a review there.

csh27Df.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors