Become a Patron!

COILS ARE DUMB

I am using a PurgeMods Suicidal Queen Mech with a Silencer RDA. It’s a 20700 mod, and it fired .22 Ohm harder than a .09, any suggestions?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have. 22 single wire vs. 09 mowhaks it could be the wire mass

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Believe me, coils are not dumb - the battery in the mod does what the coil tells them to do in a mech

Familiarize yourself with ohm's law and make sure your coils are properly mounted, no shorts, and that the battery you are using is genuine and can handle what your coil is telling it to do

Believe me, coils are not dumb - the battery in the mod does what the coil tells them to do in a mech

Familiarize yourself with ohm's law and make sure your coils are properly mounted, no shorts, and that the battery you are using is genuine and can handle what your coil is telling it to do

I am familiar with ohms law, there are no shorts, and they are mounted correctly

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say the Medusa coil has a lot more mass then a fused Clapton. But a. 09 fused Clapton and it'll scream with fury

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am using a PurgeMods Suicidal Queen Mech with a Silencer RDA. It’s a 20700 mod, and it fired .22 Ohm harder than a .09, any suggestions?
Something doesn't add up here. A .09 on your mech would need 44 Amps and hit like 175 watts. Are you sure you know ohms law? The iJoy 20700 is overrated at 40 amps as per mooch, but is still a good battery. I just can't see someone who knows ohms law and wants to be safe exceeding their battery amperage with that build

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something doesn't add up here. A .09 on your mech would need 44 Amps and hit like 175 watts. Are you sure you know ohms law? The iJoy 20700 is overrated at 40 amps as per mooch, but is still a good battery. I just can't see someone who knows ohms law and wants to be safe exceeding their battery amperage with that build
Great answer

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do you constantly shit on mechs?
When people are using mechs in an unsafe manner or do not understand ohms law as it relates to coil mass, battery voltage sag, battery safety. etc then I recommend a regulated mod.
Just works in a much simpler and safer way.
I use switchfet mechs every day.
Yeah I know not a real mech but I am lazy on the cleaning.
And per my tests hits harder than many mechs.
And always hits the same.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely running at ijoy at 40 amps is unsafe. To the OP if you ever want to know true ratings of your batteries Google them and type mooch behind it. Will keep you within safe limits of your batteries

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely running at ijoy at 40 amps is unsafe. To the OP if you ever want to know true ratings of your batteries Google them and type mooch behind it. Will keep you within safe limits of your batteries
Also depends on which IJOY 20700.
One of the Ijoys is only a 20 amp cell and the other one is a 30 amp cell.

He may have the 20 amp one and is flat lining it on the voltage sag with the low ohms coil.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When people are using mechs in an unsafe manner or do not understand ohms law as it relates to coil mass, battery voltage sag, battery safety. etc then I recommend a regulated mod.
Just works in a much simpler and safer way.
I use switchfet mechs every day.
Yeah I know not a real mech but I am lazy on the cleaning.
And per my tests hits harder than many mechs.
And always hits the same.
Telling someone trying to sort out driving a stick to just buy an automatic is not advice. It’s a worthless comment. And your ridiculous rules for married batteries that you admit even mooch rolls his eyes at just adds to me questioning how valuable your comments really are. But whatever. Good luck.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Telling someone trying to sort out driving a stick to just buy an automatic is not advice. It’s a worthless comment. And your ridiculous rules for married batteries that you admit even mooch rolls his eyes at just adds to me questioning how valuable your comments really are. But whatever. Good luck.

Where is that pic of the little ass I saw somewhere?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

So what is your advice to this potentially explosive situation?

All I see you doing is attacking

I happen to agree with Cromwell on this one, and I am not against newbs using mechs

I am against anyone using mechs unsafely, and this situation doesn't look good

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am against anyone using mechs unsafely, and this situation doesn't look good
Yep a good possibility that the guy has a 20 amp ijoy 20700 cell they way it seems to be flatlining on the low ohm coil.
Both cells say 40A on them....

I double checked Mooch's tests on the Ijoy 20700 cells and there are 3 and 2 of the variants are only 20 amp cells but all 3 say 40A.
The 3rd one is a 30 amp cell marked 40A.

If the poster is running .09 on a 20 amp cell then boomstick might happen.

And unless a new vaper has an experienced person with them teaching them safety and such then I do not recommend a mech to be their first vape.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep a good possibility that the guy has a 20 amp ijoy 20700 cell they way it seems to be flatlining on the low ohm coil.
Both cells say 40A on them....

I double checked Mooch's tests on the Ijoy 20700 cells and there are 3 and 2 of the variants are only 20 amp cells but all 3 say 40A.
The 3rd one is a 30 amp cell marked 40A.

If the poster is running .09 on a 20 amp cell then boomstick might happen.

And unless a new vaper has an experienced person with them teaching them safety and such then I do not recommend a mech to be their first vape.
I'm pretty sure I pointed out the safety aspect of exceeding his available amps before anyone on here, why isn't this guy attacking me? I feel left out :xD:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty sure I pointed out the safety aspect of exceeding his available amps before anyone on here, why isn't this guy attacking me? I feel left out :xD:
Ohh he hates me and looks for opportunities to zing me.
Kind of a stalking thing.
He offered no constructive advice just attacked me.
He usually just winds up showing his ass.

I have him on ignore but Lucy caused me to peek :)

I may come across sometimes as anti mech but I am just anti unsafe use of mechs.
Mechs require a much higher knowledge level to use safely than do regulated mods.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my guess is that the mass of the medusa coils is much higher than the claptons, and that the resistance is too low to be efficient for a single cell. those two things usually add up to a bad vape in my experience. try the medusa build on a parallel box and see if its any better when the batteries arent struggling to keep up. you didnt mention the specs of the builds so i cant really make a specific suggestion. i like 27 gauge n80 aliens on that battery in the .15 range. depending on your building experience, some easy substitutes for that could be a triple parallel build, or a three core fused clapton.
:cheers:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my guess is that the mass of the medusa coils is much higher than the claptons, and that the resistance is too low to be efficient for a single cell. those two things usually add up to a bad vape in my experience. try the medusa build on a parallel box and see if its any better when the batteries arent struggling to keep up. you didnt mention the specs of the builds so i cant really make a specific suggestion. i like 27 gauge n80 aliens on that battery in the .15 range. depending on your building experience, some easy substitutes for that could be a triple parallel build, or a three core fused clapton.
:cheers:
The Machine... How ya been dude. Good I hope.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Machine... How ya been dude. Good I hope.
:cheers: im doing pretty good. still lurkin' around the builds thread, but mostly just handing out drive-by likes on all the lovely pics. trying my damnedest to put all my free time into music lately...and vaping on a lot of really old builds as a result :teehee: i hope all is well with you and yours as well brother :cheers:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:cheers: im doing pretty good. still lurkin' around the builds thread, but mostly just handing out drive-by likes on all the lovely pics. trying my damnedest to put all my free time into music lately...and vaping on a lot of really old builds as a result :teehee: i hope all is well with you and yours as well brother :cheers:
Pretty well myself. Thanks. Music is a great thing to be into.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coils ARE dumb, yes in fact they are!
The USER has to be smart enough to properly pair up a build with the power source.

And yes, a low build having high thermal mass along with a battery/source with lots of sag is going to ramp slow. Like trying to start out at a stoplight on a hill in third gear! Not only is it dangerous, your batteries won't last very long. A .3 on a single tube using 28gauge can ramp instantly but it won't be hot or dense like a .1 with 22 gauge nichrome 90.

Practice my friend. You must learn to walk before you can run. Try running first and you will fall down, sometimes on your face! ;)

VU Sponsors