Become a Patron!

Coils burning out fast/no flavor

Hello!
I have a kanger nebox and a eleaf istick pico, I use .5 ohm coils for both of them. I got the pico after I had the nebox for about a year and it starting burning through a brand new coil in a day no matter what setting i had it on. I have had the pico for about 6 months now and it has started to do the same thing burning though coils in 3 days instead of the normal week or two. I'm wondering if anybody can tell me why this is happening or how to fix it. With the pico it also looses flavor within a day or two after putting in a new coil no matter what juice I have in it while if I have the same one in the nebox I can still taste it just fine. Just want them to vape like they did when I got them.

Thank you!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hello and welcome to the VU! :wave:

Sounds like you have a combination going on here.

If you are vaping the same flavor all day every day you are getting "vapors tongue". Which is exactly what you've described. After a day you can't taste the juice anymore. This can be solved/prevented by switching up flavors a couple times a day. And making sure you are drinking plenty of water.

The other option is your coils could be clones. Did you change where you are buying them from? Are you getting your coils from a reputable shop? Are you staying with the recommended wattage settings for your coils? I know a lot of coils are rated for higher wattage than what actually tastes good... for example... kanger OCC coils are rated 15-40 watts... but if I vape them any higher than 25 watts they taste like crap.

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with Countrypami, change up juice though out the day. Check your coils, are they "real" coils or clones. Most cloned coils out there rather suck. Are you vaping within the coils given wattage range. I use an Aspire Cleito tank, and I've found that the low to middle of the coils range is where I usually get the best flavor. Another suggestion is to check what mode your mods are in. I've had this problem when I accidentally had my mod in Temp Control mode with a non-TC compatible coil, or in the wrong TC setting for the coil material. Yes some non-TC coils will fire in TC mode, and some TC coils will fire in other material settings. If you're doubtful about the authenticity of your coils, go here www.directvapor.com . They absolutely promise that they will not sell you a "clone" of any product without saying so. And I have yet to find a cloned product, or receive a cloned product from them.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pami has asked most of the questions I was thinking of. The number one thing I see with burning up coils is simply quanitity.... I vape sweeter juices and subohm tanks generally last me about 40 mls of juice. I generally vape about 6 mls a day through tanks when I am working. I chain vape for 5 minutes and then i don't get another vape break for 2 hours. None the less.... how many Mls do you think you are running through the coils in a day?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors