Become a Patron!

Coils for avacado

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I love dual coil set ups, but, I've got an avacado 22 and was wondering..

Parallel coils are essentially two coils. If I'm currently running dual nichrome 24 g would using just one parallel coil perform the same or close to the dual 24g nichrome singular coil?

The only reason I'm asking is because there only thing I can think that would make the dual singular coils perform a bit better is the fact that it is actually using more surface space, and wicking would be more efficient with the dual singular coils versus one parallel coil.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Electrically the Para Single WILL perform like duals... vapor wise not necessarily.......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yea I get that now really thinking about it. The single duals have the advantage of more in contact with wet wick. So yes, it would be better to go with a parallel on the avacado.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I get that now really thinking about it. The single duals have the advantage of more in contact with wet wick. So yes, it would be better to go with a parallel on the avacado.

Yeah IMO wick surface area coverage in more important than coil surface..more wick exposed to heat the better... Wrapped coils excepted as the wrap is more a part of wicking than it is coil. Claptons started life called self wicking coil. Guitar players are cooler.

Heck why not dual parallels? I always find 2 small wires in parallel perform better than 1 big wire for the same job. Electrically meh but certainly for flavor. I've never judged a coil by the visible vapor expelled. but IMO bigger clouds also. if i have a choice between say 26 awg and 2 or3x30, 2x29 or 2x28. I'll take the small wires. I prefer single coil multi wire builds for flavor and fewer wires for performance.

VU Sponsors