Become a Patron!

coils for E-solids...?

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is anyone here familiar with any coils that are ideal for E-solids?

possibly a wickless coil even?

any help is appreciated!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Discussing "e-solids" is not allowed here, but you might want to look at the v2 Pro...

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
huh? im talking about nicotine e-solids...

why is that not allowed? because its viscosity is different than juice?

i dont get it...

im currently using a RXW sleeved stovetop coil to vape e-solids in my RDA/mech combos. works well, but im looking for an ideal coil for this.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
huh? im talking about nicotine e-solids...

why is that not allowed? because its viscosity is different than juice?

i dont get it...
Because @VaporJoes dedicated the forum to e-liquids and more often than not e-solids are of the mind-altering or pain-killing kind.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because @VaporJoes dedicated the forum to e-liquids and more often than not e-solids are of the mind-altering or pain-killing kind.

but those mind altering solids are not e-solids. e-solids are simply solidified versions of e-liquid.

i have never heard anyone refer to the illegal stuff as e-solids.

so we are not allowed to talk about the nicotine based e-solid vaping materials? i mean i can buy tubes of this stuff legally.

you know you can make e-liquid out of the illegal stuff also... so why is that allowed?

my apologies, but i still dont get it.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Interesting... I've never seen a nicotine based "e-solid" before. Everything I have seen has been MJ based.

Either way, the point is a bit moot as @VaporJoes simply doesn't want it here because of the quick turn that the discussion takes into illegal substances (even though it is legal in some areas). His house his rules ;)

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Actually e-solids are popular in China. They are a gel version of elqiuid. They sold them on Fasttech - looks like a tube of toothpaste. Most atomizers can't handle the consistency so they made special ones for them.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
but those mind altering solids are not e-solids. e-solids are simply solidified versions of e-liquid.

i have never heard anyone refer to the illegal stuff as e-solids.

so we are not allowed to talk about the nicotine based e-solid vaping materials? i mean i can buy tubes of this stuff legally.

you know you can make e-liquid out of the illegal stuff also... so why is that allowed?

my apologies, but i still dont get it.
Whenever I read your comments I hear it in John C. Reilly's voice.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually e-solids are popular in China. They are a gel version of elqiuid. They sold them on Fasttech - looks like a tube of toothpaste. Most atomizers can't handle the consistency so they made special ones for them.

is this thread ok then mr joe?

Whenever I read your comments I hear it in John C. Reilly's voice.

haha nice. for your health!

supermarket

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes this thread is fine to continue

Good! This forum was marketed as a more "underground", less "stick up the ass" approach to moderating than the ECForums. That approach played a HUGE role in drawing large crowds here, and I'd love to see this forum stay true to its name/idea.

Moderate to prevent spam, harassment, etc, not discussion ;)

Even though this isn't my thread, and I have no interest in the particular topic, thanks for keeping a harmless thread open! It means a lot, coming from ECF

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't see why stainless steel mesh wrapped around a few coils in the middle of a couple of stovepot coils wouldn't work. If you had enough room to bend the coils down so they were "flat" I see it working in theory. I'll try it in a 28mm rda and report back.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
is this thread ok then mr joe?

haha nice. for your health!
In some ways I think this makes more sense kinda like a pellet a rabbit pellet instead of juice leaking all over my billow I overfilled... hmmm
maybe if we confuse the Gov. and as soon as they pass laws on as they are now in states. we switch to gel, than pellets than some kind of reactor mass
they may not know what to do..

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't see why stainless steel mesh wrapped around a few coils in the middle of a couple of stovepot coils wouldn't work. If you had enough room to bend the coils down so they were "flat" I see it working in theory. I'll try it in a 28mm rda and report back.

i find SS mesh to taste bad as a wick.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
personally i think vaping solids doesn't sound appetizing. the more solid it is, the closer it's getting to combustion.

nameonawall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i find SS mesh to taste bad as a wick.

I agree with you, I was just trying to think of a way to keep a solid from heating up and leaking into the juice well/build deck. I figured SS mesh would "catch" it as it liquefied. I know I have some laying around from buying tanks over the years, I've just yet to find any. Hence why I have yet to post whether or not its worth trying. I've got a 28mm tobh clone I plan to use, since it should be large enough to lay two stovetop coils on their sides, I just need to find that mesh.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im thinking a rigid yet porous ceramic will be my ideal wick. something that can be machined/shaped with diamond bits/wheels to fit any RDA.

should hold a decent amount (of which quickly turns to liquid when heat is applied) and should provide great flavor.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Would this work for that sort of thing?
I've seen it sold in China for errm...herbal use.

I know you're looking for coils, but I just wondered if the atty itself would play a part.

Triangle RBA

NhCMUlB.jpg

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/trireb.htm

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would this work for that sort of thing?
I've seen it sold in China for errm...herbal use.

I know you're looking for coils, but I just wondered if the atty itself would play a part.

Triangle RBA

NhCMUlB.jpg

http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/trireb.htm

thanks for the reply. im running your standard ol igo-w bases with custom caps. so really im just looking for a coil to absorb the paste/juice into. currenty using RXW, but would love to get a rigid yet porous ceramic that a coil could be built around. if handled with caution this wick could last years.

or just any other coils that may be ideal for solids. doesnt seem like many/any here have experience with it so my search continues.

thanks everyone!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't looked in a while so maybe there are more choices now but near the bottom of the page on the right you will see ceramic rods for sale at divine tribe. That was the only place that had the white rods last time I looked, not the super porous grey ones. There are probably a few atomizers there that may give you some ideas as well.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't looked in a while so maybe there are more choices now but near the bottom of the page on the right you will see ceramic rods for sale at divine tribe. That was the only place that had the white rods last time I looked, not the super porous grey ones. There are probably a few atomizers there that may give you some ideas as well.

yeah ive been in cantact with the devine tribe people. unfortunately, like you said, the ceramic is solid and not porous.

thanks for the reply!

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ahhh yes. ive got some of that from kidney puncher. i like it a lot, but it does not wick near as well as RXW for my needs. and i would love to find that stuff in other shapes or possibly raw so i could machine a wick myself.

VU Sponsors