Become a Patron!

Coils keep flooding

Darling.Nikki

Member For 1 Year
Noob here...bought a g-priv 2 with x-baby tank. Have went through a couple coils mostly from user error. This one I got last week, it worked great all week then it flooded. Coil still shows it’s good but it sucked all of my juice up. Watts are set at 60, coil shows 40-110. What am I doing wrong? Why did it flood? How do I fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Noob here...bought a g-priv 2 with x-baby tank. Have went through a couple coils mostly from user error. This one I got last week, it worked great all week then it flooded. Coil still shows it’s good but it sucked all of my juice up. Watts are set at 60, coil shows 40-110. What am I doing wrong? Why did it flood? How do I fix?

Is it gurgling when you suck on it? I have one of those tanks and haven't had it flood on me.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah it gurgles and doesn’t put out much vapor

I would reccomend taking it apart and inspecting all the little rubber gaskets on the coil and tank chimney. It's messy but I think you hafta do it. Dry the coil off with a napkin. When you put the coil back in, make sure to not over-tighten it.

Darling.Nikki

Member For 1 Year
Thanks! I’ll do that. It was working well for like four days before it started flooding so I didn’t think it would have been an issue with the seals but i will try that. Could be me, I’m a smoker turned vaper so it’s an adjustment. Appreciate your help!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When a coil floods take a tissue or paper towel and wrap it around the air holes and blow into it. Be careful not to get liquid all over your MOD because you would be surprised how much will come out. A flooded coil will never get hot enough to vaporize the e-Liquid. If it still floods after clearing it out take it apart and check you did not lose a seal or had the coil properly tightened.

jeffWV

Member For 1 Year

I have a few of the X-Baby tanks. I really like the top airflow. Now , to the point. It's a great tank, but they do, on occasion, flood. If the juice level appears to have obviously dropped, fold up a paper towel, wrap it around the airflow slots near the top of the tank, and blow hard through the drip tip. You may have to blow a few times. You can blow out all that juice that has flooded your tank without having to take the tank apart. That works for most tanks, and is easier with most others because they have the airflow slots at the bottom. Flooding on those tanks is an occasional headache, but it doesn't happen often, is easy to clear, and otherwise it is a very nice tank. If it floods after it has held juice for a while, try the method above. If it starts leaking or flooding as soon as you fill it, the likely culprit is cross threading at either the top or bottom of you coil, or a bad gasket. There isn't much else to go bad. Good luck

Darling.Nikki

Member For 1 Year
I have a few of the X-Baby tanks. I really like the top airflow. Now , to the point. It's a great tank, but they do, on occasion, flood. If the juice level appears to have obviously dropped, fold up a paper towel, wrap it around the airflow slots near the top of the tank, and blow hard through the drip tip. You may have to blow a few times. You can blow out all that juice that has flooded your tank without having to take the tank apart. That works for most tanks, and is easier with most others because they have the airflow slots at the bottom. Flooding on those tanks is an occasional headache, but it doesn't happen often, is easy to clear, and otherwise it is a very nice tank. If it floods after it has held juice for a while, try the method above. If it starts leaking or flooding as soon as you fill it, the likely culprit is cross threading at either the top or bottom of you coil, or a bad gasket. There isn't much else to go bad. Good luck

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if blowing it out would work since it has the top airflow. I will definitely try that. :)

jeffWV

Member For 1 Year
One other item that I failed to mention, but really helps to clear the flooded tank is to take a cue tip and shove it down the center of your tank through the mouthpiece right down to the bottom of the coil. It may take a good shove, but I've done this many times and it works. The first cue tip will come back soaked, but by the second you've sopped up most of what flooded and now you're ready to blow the rest out as mentioned above. The cue tips help a lot and I use them before I blow out the tank. That may not work with every tank and coil, but it definitely works with the X-Baby

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
helps to clear the flooded tank is to take a cue tip

I use a rolled up paper towel which is real absorbent and doesn't leave cotton fibers to burn on the inside of the coil where only liquid should be. Just my opinion from my personal experience.

jeffWV

Member For 1 Year
I like that idea. I will try it and now that you mention it, I can probably find some kind of non-cotton swab. I haven't had a problem with the cotton ones, but point well taken. Thanks

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can probably find some kind of non-cotton swab. I haven't had a problem with the cotton ones, but point well taken. Thanks

Fuck all that matters is it works for you~! Did not mean to sound like I was contradicting you~! :vino:

jeffWV

Member For 1 Year
I also have the SMOK G-Priv 2. It came with the X-Baby. I use the M2 coil - 0.25 ohms and 35 watts. Good flavor, lots of vapor and rarely floods. I'm not sure what coil you're using, but you might want to give the M2 0.25 ohm a try. That SMOK M2 coil came with your G-Priv 2. Give it a try at the lower wattage. 35 watts works great with that coil on the G-Priv 2

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I rarely have coils that flood but when it does happen something isn't right like it loosened up or the coil failed because of something like the cotton wasn't packed well enough. Also if a coil has sat for a long time without being used I have found a flooded coil but I always have a paper towel, napkin or tissue handy so I blow backwards and hopefully it is solved. If it continues I just pop in a new one.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first atty was an xbaby. I don't get where people say it has good flavor. Coils aren't very good either but the M2 is meant for unregulated like the X8 stick better coil for a regulated mod is T6

Darling.Nikki

Member For 1 Year
I’m at a loss. I have switched between three coils, cleaned and dried, still floods. I used the extra coil that came with it today, brand new, primed and it worked for about 3-4 hits and it flooded. Popping like a mofo. When I took it apart last night there was a slight residue form where it apparently leaked. The seals look like they are good when I put it back together. I’m making sure it’s not cross threaded. I’m thinking the seals might be the issue but I’m afraid to mess with those honestly. The coils are x baby t6 with 0.2 ohm @ 40-110 w and I have it at 90w. Used to keep it around 60 but upped it thinking it might help. So frustrated.

Darling.Nikki

Member For 1 Year
My first atty was an xbaby. I don't get where people say it has good flavor. Coils aren't very good either but the M2 is meant for unregulated like the X8 stick better coil for a regulated mod is T6

Dumb question, what do you mean by regulated?

jeffWV

Member For 1 Year
I have three x-baby tanks and I've tried all the coils. I have two suggestions that may bring you some help. 1st. try reducing the wattage instead of increasing it (although reducing wattage will not affect leaking). I vape my x-babys at 35 to 45 watts depending on the coil and it works great. No popping. 2nd. suggestion that has worked consistently well for me was to replace the glass tanks with resin tanks. I have resin tanks on all three of my x-babys and they do not leak. I may have a rare flood, but I sop it up with a cue tip and blow it out into a paper towel and move on. I do not get leaks with a resin tank. Hope it helps

jeffWV

Member For 1 Year
I've been using M2 3.7 volt Smok coils in both regulated (g-priv 2, lost vape paranormal, eLeaf Ikonn 220) as well as various Smok stick mods (Stick X8, Stick V8 Baby, etc.). The M2 coil works perfectly well with both regulated and unregulated mods. The M2 is not designed to work exclusively with unregulated mods. It's simply one of it's capabilities. It works perfectly well with a regulated mod.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMO T6 coils are best around 50W. If tank is flooding it might be a gasket leak in the top somewhere.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using M2 3.7 volt Smok coils in both regulated (g-priv 2, lost vape paranormal, eLeaf Ikonn 220) as well as various Smok stick mods (Stick X8, Stick V8 Baby, etc.). The M2 coil works perfectly well with both regulated and unregulated mods. The M2 is not designed to work exclusively with unregulated mods. It's simply one of it's capabilities. It works perfectly well with a regulated mod.
I've used Smok sticks down to .15 ohms The M2 is designed for mechanical mods because I guess they figure .25 ohms to be best for Smok sticks

Darling.Nikki

Member For 1 Year
I’ll order a resin tank and see if that helps, along with the m2. I started low wattage, the lady at my local shop said that could be the cause of the flooding but it hasn’t changed anything upping it. I actually like it around 60w. Anything to get the fucker working. By gasket do you mean the o-ring or the white rubber thing on top?

Darling.Nikki

Member For 1 Year
Another question...my dad gave me his alien, but he let it sit for a few months and the juice ran down into the battery. There’s rust all in the bottom now, I cleaned it up pretty well, gonna toss the battery. Would you get a new battery and use the alien or toss it? I don’t wanna be one of those on the news that it blows up in their face...

jeffWV

Member For 1 Year
When you get o-rings, you'll get a set of them. You'll need one at the top and one at the bottom - where the glass or resin tank makes contact with the top and bottom of your atomizer. As far as your rusty Alien is concerned I'd say replace it. Mods are cheap - faces are not. Vaping at 60 watts or 110 watts, or 30 watts has no effect on your leaking issue. Whatever coil brings you the flavor and clouds you're looking for is the right coil. New o-rings and a resin tank should really stop the leaking problem. Best of luck!

Darling.Nikki

Member For 1 Year
When you get o-rings, you'll get a set of them. You'll need one at the top and one at the bottom - where the glass or resin tank makes contact with the top and bottom of your atomizer. As far as your rusty Alien is concerned I'd say replace it. Mods are cheap - faces are not. Vaping at 60 watts or 110 watts, or 30 watts has no effect on your leaking issue. Whatever coil brings you the flavor and clouds you're looking for is the right coil. New o-rings and a resin tank should really stop the leaking problem. Best of luck!

Yeah it came with an extra set, I’ll order some more with the new tank tho as well. I appreciate your help!

jeffWV

Member For 1 Year
One other thing - there's also an o-ring that goes where the top part of your coil screws onto the atomizer (chimney). It's a small white o-ring. That should be included with a set of replacements o-rings and should be replaced. It could be the leak culprit. That's it for tonight. Over and out..

VU Sponsors