Become a Patron!

Compact Dual 18650 reccomendations

DimSumDom

Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone, Its that time of the month and I'm eyeballing sites for a new mod. My regulated beater mod is looking really beat so after I saw a friends gold Sigelei 213 and held it in my hand, I have been trying to find a small dual battery regulated mod that's to my liking. So while I look online, I was hoping to get a few recommendations on small mods from people. I'm not too picky on color, but there are mods that have deal breakers for me. I'm open to every suggestion if someone really wants to recommend a mod they like, as long as its compact and goes up to at least 100 watts.

Here's my picky needs for my new mod:

-I fire my mods with my index finger and fancy a mod with a 510 on one end of my box and my fire button on the other.
-Has to have a fire BUTTON. I'm not interested in a firing bar.
-nothing over $90. Its going to replace the mod that I don't mind dropping and Its gonna be the mod that I bring when I go do something that has a big possibility for me to drop my mod either from my hand or pocket. I'm still gonna regret dropping it, but I don't want to hate myself for dropping it lol

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you want something that can take a beating, you want the Aegis. Although it's a single battery, it takes 26650 so it lasts a good long time.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The battery door on my RX200S was getting pretty beat on so I removed the paint and at 1st I painted it but I wasn't happy so I stripped the paint and polished the cover! Maybe it will work for you?

upload_2017-9-23_20-14-25.png

Wow didn't realize how crappy the picture is

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Vaporesso Revenger kit has an awesome board, accurate wattage and TC, will handle up to 28mm without overhang... the centered 510 allows for this and comfy thumb or trigger firing, and is pretty durable. The only drawback is the finish - which is beautiful - but a little slip-slidy. The kit comes with a Baby Beast coil-compat tank. It appears to be priced between $50 and $80 online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DimSumDom

Member For 4 Years
If you want something that can take a beating, you want the Aegis. Although it's a single battery, it takes 26650 so it lasts a good long time.
I was actually looking at this for a new beater lol. I'm waiting for my local shop to get it in stock to see how I like it in hand.

The battery door on my RX200S was getting pretty beat on so I removed the paint and at 1st I painted it but I wasn't happy so I stripped the paint and polished the cover! Maybe it will work for you?

View attachment 92307

Wow didn't realize how crappy the picture is
I actually hadn't thought of that. Ill definitely break out my sandpaper and see what I can do with my S3. Its still a joy to use, but its such an eyesore now lol.

The Vaporesso Revenger kit has an awesome board, accurate wattage and TC, will handle up to 28mm without overhang... the centered 510 allows for this and comfy thumb or trigger firing, and is pretty durable. The only drawback is the finish - which is beautiful - but a little slip-slidy. The kit comes with a Baby Beast coil-compat tank. It appears to be priced between $50 and $80 online.

Ill definitely give this a better look into. Does it still use the chip thats in the Tarot and Revenant?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I actually hadn't thought of that. Ill definitely break out my sandpaper and see what I can do with my S3. Its still a joy to use, but its such an eyesore now lol.

Actually I didn't use sand paper I wire wheeled it on the grinder and then used Jewelers Rouge with a Polishing wheel on a die grinder. Sand paper will leave scratches. If you want the part number of the tool you will have to wait until tomorrow but I originally bought it to polish brass door hardware

DimSumDom

Member For 4 Years
Actually I didn't use sand paper I wire wheeled it on the grinder and then used Jewelers Rouge with a Polishing wheel on a die grinder. Sand paper will leave scratches. If you want the part number of the tool you will have to wait until tomorrow but I originally bought it to polish brass door hardware
Ah, okay. I'm not very well equipped rn, but I definitely want to see what tools you used as a future reference. I'm definitely going to strip the paint off of it sooner or later, since the paint on top of the mod is kind of bubbling.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure I will get the part number tomorrow out of the garage! If I forget PM me!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey everyone, Its that time of the month and I'm eyeballing sites for a new mod. My regulated beater mod is looking really beat so after I saw a friends gold Sigelei 213 and held it in my hand, I have been trying to find a small dual battery regulated mod that's to my liking. So while I look online, I was hoping to get a few recommendations on small mods from people. I'm not too picky on color, but there are mods that have deal breakers for me. I'm open to every suggestion if someone really wants to recommend a mod they like, as long as its compact and goes up to at least 100 watts.

Here's my picky needs for my new mod:

-I fire my mods with my index finger and fancy a mod with a 510 on one end of my box and my fire button on the other.
-Has to have a fire BUTTON. I'm not interested in a firing bar.
-nothing over $90. Its going to replace the mod that I don't mind dropping and Its gonna be the mod that I bring when I go do something that has a big possibility for me to drop my mod either from my hand or pocket. I'm still gonna regret dropping it, but I don't want to hate myself for dropping it lol

Look at the Smoant Battlestar, It's no bigger than it has to be in order to fit 2-18650's. It feels good in the hand and has room for a 25mm atty. All metal with nice button feel and a nice 510. Some have a bit of battery door movement, mine did but a bit of tape at the edge of the door and it's fixed. The Best part is the chip just plain works, it's easy to set up and only $40.

Do I sound like a fan boy?:)

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Look at the Smoant Battlestar, It's no bigger than it has to be in order to fit 2-18650's. It feels good in the hand and has room for a 25mm atty. All metal with nice button feel and a nice 510. Some have a bit of battery door movement, mine did but a bit of tape at the edge of the door and it's fixed. The Best part is the chip just plain works, it's easy to set up and only $40.

I was just gonna mention the Battlestar. It's definitely in the workhorse category.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was actually looking at this for a new beater lol. I'm waiting for my local shop to get it in stock to see how I like it in hand.

Ill definitely give this a better look into. Does it still use the chip thats in the Tarot and Revenant?
It's using the OmniBoard V2

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Where I like my Battlestar, I find it less than pocket friendly due to the button placement. Good board, but I prefer my buttons on the side, not the face.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You said compact dual 18650s, right?
Here are two I use a lot
a645921f9e5eb5e779eb9c6a344bdea8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vaporscout

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
try Double Barrel by Squid Industries

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I second this suggestion. the mod literally has room for two 18650's and thats about it, it is a button fire with the screen on top. Plus it looks like a small double barrel shot gun which increases the coolness factor. It retails around $100 but if you shop around on the internet you can get it for 80-90 but you may end up having to preorder it since it is popular.

DimSumDom

Member For 4 Years
You said compact dual 18650s, right?
Here are two I use a lot
a645921f9e5eb5e779eb9c6a344bdea8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ooooo. I like how matchy the livepor is with the blue mad dog. How durable does the Livepor feel? I might copy you for a matching inexpensive set up.
Check out the Joyetec Evic Primo 2

It's the shortest dual batt mod out there. Mine is my adv.

I had my eye on this when it came out, but a close friend of mines already has one. It will definitely sound silly, but we have a thing where my group of close friends don't sport the same mods. It was funny when I got into tube mods, because most of us bought one in the same week and we made sure to buy different tubes. I sported my copper SOI Subzero with both buttons and the others have a TVL Black Label Edition Colt 45 with a matching TVL atty, and a Brass AV Able. Its quite unfair for them though, since I impulse buy things and they don't buy new devices unless one catches their eye from their favorite manufacturer.

try Double Barrel by Squid Industries

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I second this suggestion. the mod literally has room for two 18650's and thats about it, it is a button fire with the screen on top. Plus it looks like a small double barrel shot gun which increases the coolness factor. It retails around $100 but if you shop around on the internet you can get it for 80-90 but you may end up having to preorder it since it is popular.

This is actually going to be my Christmas present to myself. The one at my local shop has had one sitting on display for the last two or three months and they might give me a discount if it sits there longer. If that doesn't fall through Ill look online. I am definitely going to buy one for Christmas. The one at the shop has a good heft to it and just felt so nice and sturdy in hand that its a must have for me lol.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Squid industries supposedly rocks dude. And the guy who makes them is a VET and a fellow recovering addict. I'm actually postponing all other buys and now am saving up for his double barrel. Sleek, good, powerful. That has got to be the best out and about work horse mod I've seen to date.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors