Become a Patron!

COMPARISON new Smok Stick x8 vs Smok Stick v8

Hey guys, brand new to the forum & was unsure what sub to post, so I apologize if this belongs elsewhere.

I recently bought 2 of the Smok Stick v8 & they're GREAT, I'd highly recommend. Bought a separate TFV8 Big Baby tank a few days later just cause I wanted a gold tank to go with my purple stick. Bought several pack of coils (have some RBAs, but not interested) baby M2 .15ohm .25ohm coils. quadruple, octuple, variety of coils. Aslo, have several juices. Multiple120ml of some 100vg, 70/30, 50,50, 3mg & 6 nicotine, I've have a variety

!!*MAIN QUESTION*!!
To prevent rambling about my current setup, my questions is. How does the new Smok x8 compare to the v8. I've searched their website and other forums looking for answers. Specs are very similar. Same battery, voltage same recommended sub ohm coils, they even weigh the same. Only real difference i see is the v8 capacity is 5ml, where as the x8 holds 4ml. Are they really just not even worth comparing? Wondering if I should bother buying one to compare which one is "better" & if so, in what regard.

I'm a cloud chaser without box mods, which I know is the way to go, but I'm only interested in sub-ohm coil sticks.

Reference for spec comparisons
https://www.smoktech.com/kit/stick-v8
https://www.smoktech.com/kit/stick-x8

Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time!

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The difference between the two is the tank. V8 tank is, of course, but everyone's been used to. The X tank is a top airflow tank. This means no leaking, but also slightly smaller coils to allow for the air channels in the coil head. I just bought the tank, and the RBA section. When assembled with the RBA section, it reminds me strongly of an OBS engine. Nice rig!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 3 V8 kits and love em. I got a baby X tank a few weeks ago. I'm not digging it too much. I think my Cleito Exo is much better (on box mods) than my babyX. Consider me unimpressed with the baby beast brother.

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone used the RBA section for the big baby tank or have you just stuck with the m type coils?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone used the RBA section for the big baby tank or have you just stuck with the m type coils?

I am running the RBA deck in both my BB and my BBB. They're pretty typical V-deck affairs...

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am running the RBA deck in both my BB and my BBB. They're pretty typical V-deck affairs...

Do they run ok with the smok stick battery or have you used it other mods?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do they run ok with the smok stick battery or have you used it other mods?

I do not use any mods without replaceable cells, but they can be built to run fine on most mods.

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not use any mods without replaceable cells, but they can be built to run fine on most mods.

Awesome. Thank you. I figured it would be ok, just curious if people's mileage has varied with the smok stick.

VU Sponsors