Become a Patron!

Compatibility question: Tesla WYE 200W TC Box Mod and TFV8 Big Baby

I'd really appreciate some help! I bought the Smok T Priv kit a while ago and the mod is no longer working (even with brand new batteries). I want to keep using the TFV8 big baby tank that came with it, but I'd like a new mod. I think the Tesla mod mentioned in the title would be good for what I like, but would it work with my tank? Also, I prefer using the 0.4ohm V8 Baby-Q2 Dual Core coils.

Please help :(

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'd really appreciate some help! I bought the Smok T Priv kit a while ago and the mod is no longer working (even with brand new batteries). I want to keep using the TFV8 big baby tank that came with it, but I'd like a new mod. I think the Tesla mod mentioned in the title would be good for what I like, but would it work with my tank? Also, I prefer using the 0.4ohm V8 Baby-Q2 Dual Core coils.

Please help :(
Sure ! Good pick :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it is a good combo, I sometimes use my big baby beast on my tesla wye.
It's a good choice of mod for sure :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Oh, so it is compatible? Great! Would the two work well together? I just don't know much about this stuff.
Yes, it is comaptible and will work great with the BBB, any coil that will fit it. The BBB is about 24.5mm dia at the base and that mod will take about 26mm without overhanging, even if you get a tank that overhangs it will work. And as you get other tanks down the road it will handle those as well.

Hey guys, maybe you can offer some more help? My Big Baby tank has been working pretty well with the Tesla I got (see the original post), but I picked up a Freemax Fireluke to try with the Tesla. When I screwed it on, the Tesla just says no atomizer. Is the Fireluke not compatible with the Tesla WYE?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Is the coil seated and installed properly? Check that.

Ah, I took the tank apart, turned off the mod, put it back together again and it fired up. So they're definitely compatible! I'm not sure how I feel about the sextuple coil...it's rated 60-140 watts and I'm vaping at 100 watts right now. I'll keep testing and see how it goes. But it works. Thanks!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope you like the Fireluke cos I recommend that tank alot :)
Also I think the Prince is better than the big baby, the coils seem to last longer and have better flavor

Hey Skold, turns out that I really like it! It took a little bit for me to get used to it, but after one day I can confidently say I really like the tank. But I'm looking forward to trying the other coils so I don't have to vape at such a high wattage.

I think I had gotten a bit of juice in the wrong place when I had primed the coil on the Fireluke. But once that burned off it started working fantastic. Definitely way better than the Smok Big Baby.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I had gotten a bit of juice in the wrong place when I had primed the coil on the Fireluke. But once that burned off it started working fantastic. Definitely way better than the Smok Big Baby.
I agree that it is :)

VU Sponsors