Become a Patron!

Complete noob needing help

I have an itaste mvp 3.0 with a Kangertech aerotank mega. When I first got it I got fairly good clouds with nice flavour. Now I get rubbish or no vapour at all. I've cleaned most of the tank. I've changed the atomizer, it's gotten a little better but it's still pants. What am I missing here?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe a bad coil?
Welcome to VU:)
Make sure you have a fully charged battery as well:)

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the forum. If juice wasn't getting to the coil you'd get a hot burnt taste. I don't know those tanks, but flooding (too much juice) could be another culprit.

I agree that the coil would be the first thing I'd check. Do you have an ohm meter?

Welcome to the forum. If juice wasn't getting to the coil you'd get a hot burnt taste. I don't know those tanks, but flooding (too much juice) could be another culprit.

I agree that the coil would be the first thing I'd check. Do you have an ohm meter?

No I don't. The coil is the one that came with the tank so it should be genuine.

I approached my local vape shop and basically said I wanted a big capacity battery and a large volume tank. I am that noobish.

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sometimes even brand new genuine coils don't work if they are faulty. Do you have another one you can try? If not, your local vape shop could check it out for you and possibly replace it.

Perhaps the coil you replaced has a higher resistance than the original one. It would still work but give you less flavor, heat, and vapor.

Sometimes even brand new genuine coils don't work if they are faulty. Do you have another one you can try? If not, your local vape shop could check it out for you and possibly replace it.

Perhaps the coil you replaced has a higher resistance than the original one. It would still work but give you less flavor, heat, and vapor.

Ok, I'll go to the shop tomorrow.

They both say they're 2.0 ohms btw.

Thanks guys.

Sugardonut

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my roommate uses a clearomizer like you. And asked me to help him fix it because there was barely any smoke coming out when fired.
He said he has washed his tank and I asked how he did it. Anyway, so not get your coil wet, make sure everything is dry before you put it back together. Make sure the coil is not over saturated. Get a new coil, prime it, and make sure it's nice and primed but not drilling with juice. All these coils can be blown in the middle to get rid of excess juice. Make sure nothing is wrong with the 510 pin and lastly check your batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugardonut

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also on your atomizer there is a rubber gromit that is separating the positive and negative make sure it is intact and that the coil is separated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors