Become a Patron!

Completely ignorant, and uncaring! :D

jawjatek

Member For 1 Year
I've been vaping for about a week. I am not a nic addict, I do enjoy a fine cigar once a week or two, but don't have cravings (I do keep a decent collection of stogies aging in a "coolerdor"). A fine cigar is a nice smoke, but you don't always have the time, or the permission to have a stogie. Plus they are expensive. Enter the vape...

Sometimes I want a puff now and then, especially when around other smokers when enjoying an evening together, maybe with a nice beverage, and good music, or doing something in the outdoors, etc. I've been know to bum a cig such times (and regret it later), but recently I started using an e-cig: I have a small Rubi, and also a pen with tank made by Kanger. I use the 0% juice, but find it is strangely satisfying. I am not going to analyze why I vape, except to say I do because like it.

Mostly I'm looking for info and recs on great tasting e-juice to puff on. Cheers!

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Great to have another gator hater, welcome! ;) Im off to touch the trim...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! Would you give us some idea of what types of flavors you prefer? Sweet, sour, spicy? Tobaccos, fruits, mint/menthol? I'm sure you know that flavors run the gamut from the sweetest kid-style cotton candy all the way to brandied and spiced tobaccos, so that's a lot of territory.

jawjatek

Member For 1 Year
I'm using a Bourbon-Vanilla juice from a local shop, a house brand, tastes pretty good. I ordered some Naked 100 Lava Flow (fruity) and Cuban Blend (tobacco), and some 5 Pawns Black Flag Risen, and Good Life Deadly Sin to try out based on my reading.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Lot of good sales this weekend.
Sales always sound good until it comes time to pay and that sale items turned into a purchase three times what I thought I would spend. geee I am such a marketers dream and target audience. Man being obsessive sucks at times :gaah:

jawjatek

Member For 1 Year
Vaping some Deadly Sin juice today - very tasty! I thought the Naked 100 Cuban blend flavor was a little underwhelming, like a cheap philly or backwoods cigar compared to a good high-end stick. I think I am done with the tobacco-flavor juices. I have a lot of nice cigars, including some Habanos (Cuban) to smoke, so when I want tobacco flavor, I'll smoke the real thing.

I got into a sale at a few places like OM vape, and bought some other juices while on Easter sale to try. I'll have quite a lot to sample from.

jawjatek

Member For 1 Year
Got some new juice in and also 3 spare pods for the Rubi, and a Kanger clearomizer, which I already have a batt for (from something else, ahem), so I tried it out. I def get a bigger hit from it compared to the Rubi, but the Rubi is still cool to take along with outside the house. For example, I play guitar in a band once or twice a week, and some of the dive bars we play at are still allowing smoking (and vaping). I'm too busy to keep a cigar lit while playing, but I can def get a hit off the Rubi between tunes. (Note: relighting a cigar is not a good thing to do, as it progressively degrades the flavor of the stick and develops tarry burnt flavors). Several cuties were interested in the Rubi, so I got that going for me. :cool:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Seems like tobacco flavors are hard to do well. I've tried a few over the years and they taste like a nasty ashtray to me.

There are a very few sweet juices I like (love love love a really sweet, strong vanilla), but my main preference is for spices like cinnamon and ginger. One of my very favorites is an inexpensive juice from Hangsen, and it's just plain cinnamon. It'll wake you right up, but I love it. Also like fruit mixes with menthol or mint added. A great vanilla, if you think you'd like that, is Vanilla Clouds from Vape Wild. Same vendor has a good fruit-menthol mix called Cowboy Cooler. A nice thing about VW - if you order a few small bottles of juice from them, they'll throw in a few freebies. Lets you try some things you might not, otherwise. I like that a lot. Matter of fact, that's how I found the Vanilla Clouds!

I've put together a recipe for a Glazed Ginger, which is supposed to be like gingerbread with lemon cream cheese frosting. Haven't mixed it yet; just waiting to free up room in my juice rack. You'll see what I mean soon - it gets to the point that you know you just need to finish up some of the stuff you already have before you buy or mix anything else!

ETA: Kanger clearomizer? Mind if I ask what kind? If you're using an eGo size device, you'll get a lot better performance from an Aspire Mini Vivi Nova with Aspire BVC coils. For a 510 device, the full size Vivi Nova (Aspire, NOT other brands) is a good tank, also uses BVC (or BDC) coils. The BVCs are better than BDCs, imo and according to most people who've used them both.

The reason I suggest this is that I've never (I mean NEVER) had a Kanger tank that didn't eventually leak.

Last edited:

jawjatek

Member For 1 Year
KangerTech EVOD is what is written on it. Inexpensive. You unscrew the base to fill. I have 6 of them, and have only used one, so if they leak I'll get something else.

Edit: those Aspire Vivi Nova mini clearomizers are discontinued product and OOS everywhere. I'll just use these for now.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
KangerTech EVOD is what is written on it. Inexpensive. You unscrew the base to fill. I have 6 of them, and have only used one, so if they leak I'll get something else.

That's kinda what I thought you'd say. Don't get me wrong - I've used a lot of those things, as well as similar SMOK devices. Batteries seem fine, but I had trouble with the coils.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Edit: those Aspire Vivi Nova mini clearomizers are discontinued product and OOS everywhere. I'll just use these for now.

You can still find them on eBay. See item 182884536224. There are several listings, but that one seems to have a good selection of colors.

Also, the EVOD and similar tanks may have plastic liners instead of glass. Citrus, cinnamon, and some other flavors will essentially melt those tank liners. You may want to check to see whether your tanks contain glass or plastic.

Not trying to be pushy. Obviously we all like different things. Just trying to help you not have problems with your gear.

Last edited:

jawjatek

Member For 1 Year
Replaced EVOD with a KT Genitank mini. Works mo' better. Still liking the little Rubi and take it everywhere. Not interested in those e-cigars, btw. If I'm gonna vape, I'll use a vape device and not a fake looking e-stogie.
So far...
Juice I like:
5 Pawns Black Flag Risen: nice tobacco and nutty flavors, but a bit more like a pipe than a cigar. Expensive!
Naked 100 Lava Flow: nice coconut and fruit without tasting like suntan lotion, becoming my favorite.
Local shop Bourbon and Vanilla: just OK, mostly vanilla with very little Bourbon
Juice I don't like:
Deadly Sin: too sweet and not very complex. Not for me.
Naked 100 Cuban Blend: tastes fake, like a real cheap cigar. Yuk.
On the way:
Om Vapor Bourbon Ball, Karma, Omega, and Cafe #7
Cali Steam Cali Girls

See you all around.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Replaced EVOD with a KT Genitank mini. Works mo' better. Still liking the little Rubi and take it everywhere. Not interested in those e-cigars, btw. If I'm gonna vape, I'll use a vape device and not a fake looking e-stogie.
So far...
Juice I like:
5 Pawns Black Flag Risen: nice tobacco and nutty flavors, but a bit more like a pipe than a cigar. Expensive!
Naked 100 Lava Flow: nice coconut and fruit without tasting like suntan lotion, becoming my favorite.
Local shop Bourbon and Vanilla: just OK, mostly vanilla with very little Bourbon
Juice I don't like:
Deadly Sin: too sweet and not very complex. Not for me.
Naked 100 Cuban Blend: tastes fake, like a real cheap cigar. Yuk.
On the way:
Om Vapor Bourbon Ball, Karma, Omega, and Cafe #7
Cali Steam Cali Girls

See you all around.

You like some of the same tobacco flavors I like.

Next time you are ordering juice you should consider GI Juice Vanilla Tobacco (Fuggin' brand) Lazarus Vintage also has some flavors (not tobacco) but are boozy and quite satisfying in place of a cigar.

jawjatek

Member For 1 Year
So, when changing juice, am I supposed to rinse out the coil head part? Cleaning the tank and tip is easy enough, just not sure about the head. I vaped a whole tank load tonight after dinner, the 5 Pawns BFR juice tastes great.

Also, why is it harder to blow a ring with vapor than with smoke? :cool:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome
:wave:

jawjatek

Member For 1 Year
Well, not so ignorant now...

I abandoned the cheaper Kanger clearomizers and got a couple glass ones that work (and Taste) much better. A deal came along so I also got a mod: a Ravage230, and a Wotofo Serpent RDTA. My first build actually works, and tastes so much richer than the pens. I think the coil could be a lot better than the ones included with the Serpent...

jawjatek

Member For 1 Year
I think the flavors were muted in the small pens and tanks, so will be re-tasting all that stuff in the new big rig. Do you guys re-wick when you change juice? Got plenty of cotton...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think the flavors were muted in the small pens and tanks, so will be re-tasting all that stuff in the new big rig. Do you guys re-wick when you change juice? Got plenty of cotton...

I don't build unless I absolutely have to, but seems like I have read that others who do say that you should rewick when you change flavors if you use cotton. If you use silica, you can just burn the remaining old flavor off.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ETA: The EVOD was gurgling because it was flooded. On any tank you have to kind of balance your draw with your airflow. If you draw really hard and have restricted airflow, you'll pull too much juice into the coil, and then it will flood and gurgle, and eventually you'll have a mouth full of juice. As you say. Yuk. :)

This can happen with the new glass tanks you have also. If a tank gets flooded, here's a trick.

Get a paper towel. Take the tank off and hold it sort of upside down. Cover the threaded end with the paper towel, and blow into the mouthpiece. The excess juice should come out the other end onto the paper towel.

VU Sponsors