Become a Patron!

Condensed Milk (FA) Help

MichelleTearsofCrimson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay yes milk condensed from (FA) does taste more like evaporated milk (HIC). That being said if I wanted to turn evaporated milk into condensed milk at home for a recipe, I'd do a cup of sugar to a cup of evaporated milk cook it until it boils then reduce heat until the sugar is dissovled. So my question here is what would be the equivalent in a concentrate of basically caramelized milk to blend in with the Milk Condensed to get that flavor? Any clues?

MichelleTearsofCrimson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about caramel or caramel candy? I mean if you think about it if you add sugar to milk and cook it ... well it becomes caramel that might give Condensed milk that oomph it's been missing? Will try this today and see if it works!

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What about caramel or caramel candy? I mean if you think about it if you add sugar to milk and cook it ... well it becomes caramel that might give Condensed milk that oomph it's been missing? Will try this today and see if it works!

Hi, MTC! What you're describing sounds like dulce de leche, the product created from sweetened condensed mile. Reviews of the FA condensed milk product seem to consistently mention that this ain't what that is. :)

By the same token, TFA dulce is not a pleasant flavoring to some users (myself included) so if this experiment bears fruit (so to speak) you may be creating a superior dulce de leche flavoring for DIY use.

All that said, I can offer little except encouragement to follow up and let us know. You may be on the right track with a touch of caramel.

MichelleTearsofCrimson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, MTC! What you're describing sounds like dulce de leche, the product created from sweetened condensed mile. Reviews of the FA condensed milk product seem to consistently mention that this ain't what that is. :)

By the same token, TFA dulce is not a pleasant flavoring to some users (myself included) so if this experiment bears fruit (so to speak) you may be creating a superior dulce de leche flavoring for DIY use.

All that said, I can offer little except encouragement to follow up and let us know. You may be on the right track with a touch of caramel.

LOL I tell you what I WON'T do again..... I attempted to use 30 mls of water and drop in 6 drops of milk condensed and caramel candy which was absolutely horrid ... so I being the brave (or insane) person I am said lets add a few drops of sweet cream... the taste was that of spoiled milk and I shall never never never attempt the water method again hahahahah

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Think I'd use TFA Caramel (Original) (sweeter than most others) or FW Butterscotch.
And TFA Brown Sugar for more sweetness and baked effect.(can go up to 3% for real sweet)
Other possibilities: small amount of FA Meringue or FA Liquid Amber.

MichelleTearsofCrimson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think I'd use TFA Caramel (Original) (sweeter than most others) or FW Butterscotch.
And TFA Brown Sugar for more sweetness and baked effect.(can go up to 3% for real sweet)

I've got some Brown Sugar Extra (TPA) and Meringue (FA) ordered I know I have some butterscotch on hand can't remember which company :)

As soon as those come in I'll give that a whirl and let you know how it went. Thank you!!!

MichelleTearsofCrimson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks so much I'll try this too!!! I'm going to experiment until it tastes like the real thing :)

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So over a year later and still no one has figured out what to do with FA Condensed Milk?

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It just tastes like strong milk to me which I have since found much easier flavors to use in it's place so I don't mess with it. I don't even know what condensed milk tastes like by itself and rarely use it in real life.

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I keep hearing horror stories about it lol. Well I'm all about the creams (and milks, butters, custards, vanillas, cheesecakes, that sort of thing, as long as I can throw some strawberry in it, I'm good) so when I heard of this flavor I thought it might be right up my alley. Hard pressed though to find recipes using it or people saying something good about it for that matter. I'm going to get some anyway. What the hell. The only way I'm going to know is to try it and see if I can do something with it. Maybe I'll end up coming back and saying, "you guys were right this shit sucks" or "man you guys are crazy, this shit is really good". Who knows. If Rin says it tastes like strong milk, I'll probably like it. But what the hell do I know, if Rin vaped some of my vapes, she would probably think it was a diacetyl car bomb with dike shrapnel. Lol

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So over a year later and still no one has figured out what to do with FA Condensed Milk?

I only use 0.5%, and seems to work best when used with other "sweeter" flavors like TFA Dairy Milk, CAP Sweet Cream, etc.
Or added to Fruit/Yogurt type mixes...

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had it for over a year. I don't think it tastes anything like dairy, at least not unprocessed. The powdered milk reference is accurate. I'd add that it taste like just Powdered milk not yet mixed back with water. Very dry, dusty and kinda like what plain, dry whey protein smells like. I've found it works best in bakery recipies that have an already, "grainy" note to them and are fairly sweet. The key for me, and most have not gone this low, is dilute it to a 1:7 ratio, then use it around .25-.5% range. It's still quite present but layers much better. Don't get me wrong, I use this maybe a handful of times this year, but it does add a novel note to my recipes.

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmm. The reference to it being "dry" is a big concern for me. It's my issue with other FA flavors adding a dry note that I don't prefer in a vape. Damn, when I hear comments about a "dry" note, that's not good news for me. For me, "creamy", "milky", "buttery", "dairy" is all good, "dry" is bad. Heh heh, probably why I took the Diacetyl/diketone train and didn't get off in Georgia.

Last edited:

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well to be honest I've tried a lot of "condensed milk" flavours and none of them come even close to the real deal. I wish someone could tell us what Brewell Vapory were using for their MYLK e-juice, it's spot on amasing !!!

I was hoping TFA dulce de leche was good, although not exactly the same thing as condensed milk but it was nowhere close.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Who knows. If Rin says it tastes like strong milk, I'll probably like it. But what the hell do I know, if Rin vaped some of my vapes, she would probably think it was a diacetyl car bomb with dike shrapnel. Lol
Hey... I don't mind diacetyl... I just don't like Capella's custard.

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My first recipe with Condensed Milk

Dairy Milk TFA 1%
Milk FW 1 %
French Vanilla CAP 3%
Milk Condensed FA .3%
NY Cheesecake CAP 2%
Strawberries & Cream TFA 3%
Strawberries & Cream CAP 3%
Sweet Cream CAP 4%
Strawberry Taffy CAP 3%

Not too shabby and plenty creamy. Like being on a farm milking a cow while sucking on a strawberry. lol. Try it Rin, it will make a farm girl out of you! :blowkiss:

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Dairy Milk TFA 1%
Milk FW 1 %
French Vanilla CAP 3%
Milk Condensed FA .3%
NY Cheesecake CAP 2%
Sweet Cream CAP 4%
Strawberry Taffy CAP 3%

Not too shabby and plenty creamy. Like being on a farm milking a cow while sucking on a strawberry. lol. Try it Rin, it will make a farm girl out of you! :blowkiss:

Yup, works way better when mixed in with all the other "goodies" IMO.
Not so good when used alone...

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Dairy Milk TFA 1%
Milk FW 1 %
French Vanilla CAP 3%
Milk Condensed FA .3%
NY Cheesecake CAP 2%
Sweet Cream CAP 4%
Strawberry Taffy CAP 3%

Oohh, you really layer on the creams. I have'nt tried that yet. Mostly paired with 2-or-3 other creams. I'm going to revisit this.
Thanks!

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Oddly enough I just got this flavor and mixed up 5% and I have to say its not the condensed milk flavor I was expecting but I do think its condensed milk. Its just not the sweet condensed milk to me. I was lost at describing the flavor at first and I think your powered milk is great. Its more of a powered milk/non sweetened condensed milk.

After two puffs I was certain this is only to be used in recipes at much lower levels and sweetener would be a must. I could see using this though to help bring out that milk flavor in other recipes. Dont plan on never using it again but it will be used in small doses! :)

VU Sponsors