Become a Patron!
Hello guys! I've been vape on subox mini few months back and just into a regulated tube mod. However, it is not an adjustable wattage mod, it performs like mech mod. The mod name is Smokjoy Gotta God and can power up to 120W. Then I got a clone AURA Rda from my friends and install 2 fused clapton (from geekvape)ni80 28*3/40 both 6wraps and came out around 0.2. The firing is quite slow around 4 secs to fully red when dry burning.

Is it possible because of the conductivity of clone rda?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Your coils have a lot of metal to heat up...with a full battery you'd get 88 watts max with 0.2 ohm build, but it' probably less than that because it isnt a true mechanical, there will be voltage drop everywhere

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello guys! I've been vape on subox mini few months back and just into a regulated tube mod. However, it is not an adjustable wattage mod, it performs like mech mod. The mod name is Smokjoy Gotta God and can power up to 120W. Then I got a clone AURA Rda from my friends and install 2 fused clapton (from geekvape)ni80 28*3/40 both 6wraps and came out around 0.2. The firing is quite slow around 4 secs to fully red when dry burning.

Is it possible because of the conductivity of clone rda?
Conductivity determine wattage output. .... the MASS of the coil determine how fast it will heat up and how much heat gets transmitted to the juice to make steam.

Try same ohm with fewer or smaller core wires..... you will get same wattage but the coil will get hot faster.... and likely get hotter.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You could try 4 wraps, since you have a regulated mod. Which would be a 0.13ohm build
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?mat=n80&p=roundmulti&s=dp&r=0.13&str=3&awg=28&id=3.5
Or 5 wrap which would be 0.16 ohm.

I used 3.5 mm id core as it gave me closest to 0.2 ohm with 6 wraps, since you didn't specify.
I wouldn't go any less than 4 wraps though. This is if you are building using wire. If your coils are premade, you can try removing a wrap. Just to use until you get better wire.
Looking at the link, you can see how many much heat flux = how many watts needed. Example... warm vape 270 mw/mm2 at 88 watts.

4 seconds is a long time for ramp up, but you can still blow out and then inhale while firing to allow preheat time. Basically, not the right coils for your mod, but still usable if you don't have anything to replace them with.

With RDAs building coils is pretty much a must.
Using a single coil would help
Using 2 core claptons would also help reduce coil mass and let you get more wraps (surface area) yet keep resistance in a decent area.

I have seen others asking about those mods and have looked into them a bit. Can't say Im a fan. A true regulated mod provides whatever wattage you specify without much regard for coil resistance. (within mod limits).
You should find that link pretty handy, since it allows you to do a virtual coil build before wasting any wire. It will also help you see how coils will perform before you order, by entering the details of the coil in the correct fields. Don't worry about the wrapping wire. it is the core wires that generate the heat and determine resistance.

VU Sponsors