Become a Patron!

Conductivity-SS more conductive than my brass nemesis.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. Hope you are OK.

I ordered a brass nemesis mech clone I have had a few weeks, and when my fiancee saw it she wanted one and got it in a baby blue/girly blue. I ordered it for her with her card, but genuinely accidently ordered 2, so the second one arrived today, I will pay her the £10 it cost as it was out of her money, and only fair as I will be keeping it.

(Don't worry, she is new but I only let her use it after I have checked it over and I build for it, and test it on a Ohmmeter for vaping and use for 30 minutes on a regulated mod first to check its OK)

Here is the strange part. Brass is meant to be more conductive than stainless steel yes?

Well, When I tested the brass with a multimeter, 510 pin to middle ring of outer casing, it read 4.0 Volts, when the battery was 4.02 volts, so only a 0.2 drop which I thought was not bad.

The stainless steel, I tested today, and the battery was semi used, and read 4.05 from 510 to middle ring of the stainless steel. I tested the battery, that was ALSO 4.05 volts, meaning the stainless steel has ZERO voltage difference vs the brass clone!

Now, the blue nemesis clones seem better, have vent holes at the top that are actually there, where as on my brass one the 510 ring has the holes for vent holes, but there is no actual holes at the top of the actual mod. They are just there for visual effect on the brass at the top, vs real ones on the blue ones.

I scratched the fire button of mine up with a straight line so we cant get them confused, you can not feel it or see it most of the time, but we wont get it mixed up with eachothers now :).

There is at the bottom Though, so at least there is some vent holes on the brass one. But, seeing as the stainless seems to work better than the brass one conductivity wise, I am quite glad I made the mistake of ordering 2. I don't mind girly colours, and an extra mech is handy as the battery life is adequate enough that in the distant future, if all of my mods had failed, I could repair the mechs myself and they are a fine vape.

It is just annoying having to build and not being able to adjust like regulated, my fiancee is actually using her mech MORE than the regulated with a dripper. I explained to her the battery will last longer in a regulated device, and is safer, but she like the mech at the moment and wants me to teach her safety and coil building, which I was going to do anyway.

So, now I am not bothered what my mech is made of to be honest after seeing stainless being more conductive than brass, and will buy it if I simply like it or not.

VU Sponsors