Become a Patron!

Confused and needing help

Ok so firstly hello. Im new here and been vaping about 8 months. Never looked back started on an mvp and nautilus mini and graduated to a sub ohm tvf4 micro and r2 dual core deck.

My problem.

Tfv4 dual ss316l at about .31 ohms. Vapes charlies chalk dust like a dream great vapour amazing flavour just a dream.

Put in some zamplebox samples and it burns like vaping acid. Temp control and wattage around 50w although tries from 30 to 80 and no really difference.

Same sample in my sxk carolla and its fine on a single kanthal a1 build at 1.31 ohms up to a current 21w. Whats gone wrong here?

No they have been a mixed bunch from 50/50 to 70 vg.

Only vape 3 or 6 nic its not a nic type burn nor a dry hit its a severe irritation and no flavour. I have even tried without rewicking changing to the zamplebox liquids from charlies or even highland clouds (cheap but nice high vg ejuice) so i know the wick is good. But why would it be fine in the carolla. Right now vaping crushing tiger in the carolla fine but in my tfv4 its unvapable. Im at a loss......thinking im doing something wrong or seriouse quality issues in the juice but its too frequent to be the juice or no one would buy zampleboxs ?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The higher the VG ratio the more cloud and to me a smoother vape, the higher the PG, the harsher the vape and less clouds, I generally vape at 70vg 30pg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also if that was just mixed and dropped in the mail it will need time to steep.
Some mixes are ok right off the bat and get better, some mixes are barely vapable and harsh and get better with time. Some just suck and never get better, hope that's not the case with your new juice.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
When I vape a brand new E-Liquid I start at about 18 watts with a 0.47 ohm coil then ramp it up until I find the sweet spot.

Perhaps steeping is the issue. . Re graduation...just a phrase relax.

Ill wait n see happens afyer a bit of shaking and perhaps a second or two in the micro

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some people do all kinds of things to steep but IMO time is the best and only way for me.
The chalk dust is a premium that's been steeped for at leadt a month before tou get your hands on it. Discount online juice has steeped for as long as it took to get to your mail box. Fresh fruits can be alcoholy or perfumey, creams can have a complete lack of any cream flavor, some are harsh. Every juice (and quality of juice) is different and will need to steep more or less than the next but IMO all need a steep.
I give all juices at least 2 weeks steep time.

Can you vape it before that? Yep. Are you vaping it at it's best? Nope.

I guess it explains why the gentle warming in the carolla is fine while sub ohming exposes the issue. Plus its the only thing i havent tried :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I found any thing below 30 was vapourless as if barely warming the coil im using a smok r80 regulated mod.?

To each their own.

These days my Go To Mod is the SMY 60 TC with a Kanger Subtank Mini as a topper using the RBA heads with a coil that usually ends up right at 0.47 Ohms.

Somewhere between 22 and 30 watts depending on the E-Liquid.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't microwave juice (warm water bath for me) but that does sound like the problem, juice needs steeping and or is crap. I tend to stay off temp control when first trying a new juice, Starting with lower wattage and working up till I get good flavor.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have had shitty luck with Zamplebox juices. But like everyone else says... diffferent juices vape different. So many factors involved... PG/VG ratio, steep time, wattage, mod, coil, etc. Just play around with the wattage until you get it where you want it. If it still burns then steep it for a week and try again. If they still burn your throat then steep it another week and try again. If it still burns then toss it and maybe contact zamplebox.

Well after another week of waiting and toying with my carolla mtl i decided to try something i rebuilt my micro tfv4 r2 with kanthal coming in at .67ohm and it works beutifuly!. I gues this juice just doesnt like really low ohms. Premium juice i guess can take it but zample box stuff just burns. In fairness im not seeing a problem with clouds plus great flavour guess ill stick to higher ohms. Hope it doesnt cause a problem with other liquids......a build per liquid would do my head in.

bluedodger

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
one does not graduate to sub-ohm,that is a fallacy pushed by people intrested in selling coil heads an juice.
I agree. It seems like there is pressure to pursue larger vape clouds. If you find something and are happy with it, if yer not smoking, yer good.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you find something and are happy with it, if yer not smoking, yer good.
Yep, I've been a MTL vaper since I started and I'm perfectly fine with it. My gear has gotten better because I got tired of replacing it all the time, but for close to 3 years, my vape style hasn't really changed much.

VU Sponsors