Become a Patron!

confused beginner looking for a simple "mod"

I have the istick eleaf power nano and the older 30watt bigger one,
. these are simple, just hold the button and change the watts. really nice and easy.

i want to get a "mod" that you use the external batteries because the nano is great for me size and ease wise but the battery life is awfull. (and it seems that the external ones have better battery life ?) the eleaf 30watt one gets me about 2 days life, but is too big and the nano is like 1/2 a day life.

the pico is one i have been looking at but it has all these settings/modes i dont need so im just wondering if anyone can suggest just an easy small sized mod with good battery life ??

i also dont know much about coils/watts or anything like that i am a total newbie with that stuff. I just use my eleaf at like 10 watts and use the nautilus tank and the melo 3 tank right now. thank you !

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel ya! I have mods that can walk the dog, but I don't have a dog so it's kinda lost on me. Good thing is just because the device can do multitudinous things doesn't mean you do. Just keep it in wattage mode and vape the way you're most comfortable. Your 10w on a mod capable of 100w won't hurt a thing. The Picos are nice, I just sold one to a lady at work for starting out and she loves it. ;)

I feel ya! I have mods that can walk the dog, but I don't have a dog so it's kinda lost on me. Good thing is just because the device can do multitudinous things doesn't mean you do. Just keep it in wattage mode and vape the way you're most comfortable. Your 10w on a mod capable of 100w won't hurt a thing. The Picos are nice, I just sold one to a lady at work for starting out and she loves it. ;)
thank you that makes me feel way better about buying that one !

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problem, I think you'll love it!
I remember going up to 18w and thinking I was getting hardcore...lol! But everyone's style and vaping comfort zone are different. In three years I've gone from 10w to a "sweet spot" of around 82w, and I'm comfortable there. I have stock coils in tanks that are best at 150w and that's fine for what it is, except for taxing batteries, so I end up back in my 82w comfy place. Its good to have a device also that will give you room to experiment if you do decide to crank it up a notch someday, but certainly isn't a requirement.
Welcome to VU!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have the istick eleaf power nano and the older 30watt bigger one,
. these are simple, just hold the button and change the watts. really nice and easy.

i want to get a "mod" that you use the external batteries because the nano is great for me size and ease wise but the battery life is awfull. (and it seems that the external ones have better battery life ?) the eleaf 30watt one gets me about 2 days life, but is too big and the nano is like 1/2 a day life.

the pico is one i have been looking at but it has all these settings/modes i dont need so im just wondering if anyone can suggest just an easy small sized mod with good battery life ??

i also dont know much about coils/watts or anything like that i am a total newbie with that stuff. I just use my eleaf at like 10 watts and use the nautilus tank and the melo 3 tank right now. thank you !

Definitely agree with Theresa here - the Picos are great little mods and still simple to use

I still use my old iSticks by Eleaf (over two years old some of them) and are great simple mods that just work

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nothing wrong with having a 3 cell MOD that can do 250 Watts but only using 10W. Just switched tanks on my RX200S from a TC tank at 65W to a Nautilus Mini running at 10.5W. Still works for me!

VU Sponsors