Become a Patron!

Confused Semi-New

So i have been vaping for about 5 months or so. Have not really got into the science part of it but i am really wanting to pick this up and learn more about it. I have currently a phantom mod with a troll deck with a basic dual 7 wrap coils.

I am wanting to starting learning about different coils and saw one "Fused Clapton" and was wondering if it would would work well on the phantom mod. I also have a regulated box mod as well.

I am currently using for batteries are: Subohmcell 2800MAH

I want to learn tricks and stuff which is kinda my whole point as well as have good cloud production. Don't really know anyone local that would be willing to help and I've watch ALOT of youtube vids but trying to see if i can reach out to someone who can break it down for me alot easier.

Thanks for any help.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi and welcome to the forums. I have some tips for you that hopefully help.

1) First off, get another battery. I wouldn't personally trust anything that isn't Samsung or LG. The battery you have is really only a 15amp battery at about 2300mah. It also runs really hot. Depending on how low your resistance is on your build (would help if you could provide that into) you could be in danger of venting your battery. The regulated box mod is much safer to use (which one do you have)

2) Fused claptons would be fine to use. IMO they give much better flavor and vapor production then standard wire, But I'm concerned about using your battery you currently have and a mech mod on such a build. Depending on how low you are looking to go with your resistance on your builds. You may need to get a 30 amp battery like a LG HB6.

3) as far as tricks go, it's really more trial and error. maybe a bunch of builds, play with air flow and different juices. Max VG blends will give you the best flavor and clouds but you lose the "throat hit" that max PG blends or 50/50 blends have. I use 80/20 VG mostly blends.

4) some pics of your set up will also help, so we can find you the right battery and give more build advice.

ok, ill provide them later. I forget the name of the box mod i got. Ill send pictures when i get home tonight.

Thanks for the help... didnt know where else to turn.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
ok, ill provide them later. I forget the name of the box mod i got. Ill send pictures when i get home tonight.

Thanks for the help... didnt know where else to turn.

No problem!

The box mod i got is a
Sigelei Fuchai 200W
and mech is a phatom mod. The current coil reads at .35 ohms when i put it on my reg mod. I dont smoke with any nicotine its just for flavor and fun. I would like to get a coil that is .2 or lower but obviously want to make sure im safe or as safe as possible.

if you still need pics let me know.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The box mod i got is a
Sigelei Fuchai 200W
and mech is a phatom mod. The current coil reads at .35 ohms when i put it on my reg mod. I dont smoke with any nicotine its just for flavor and fun. I would like to get a coil that is .2 or lower but obviously want to make sure im safe or as safe as possible.

if you still need pics let me know.

well with the phantom at .35 ohms and a fully charged battery thats about 50 watts and 12 amps. Really just enough battery to be safe. If you went down to .2 it would be 88 watts and 21 amps. way too much for your battery. If you want to use the mech, go for a LG HB6 battery which is a 30 amp battery. Personally, If I was you I would use the fuchai 200w mod. get a set of Samsung 30q or LG HG2 batteries (these will last long as hell too compared to what you are using) and you can safely enjoy a .2 or lower build.
If you want flavor and fun, go for max VG juices or at least 80/20 VG. You could easily run claptons on that without an issue.

@SirRichardRear ,
Whats a good deck for the money? I have troll deck that seems to be good, little shallow on juice well. Ive got to drip every 2-3 hits or so maybe. Just wondering personal recommendations. Also if you can message me how to figured out the amps and watts and stuff that would be awesome. Like i said i want to be able to know this without having to bug the pro's on here ;)

Thanks again, i obviously came to the right place.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@SirRichardRear ,
Whats a good deck for the money? I have troll deck that seems to be good, little shallow on juice well. Ive got to drip every 2-3 hits or so maybe. Just wondering personal recommendations. Also if you can message me how to figured out the amps and watts and stuff that would be awesome. Like i said i want to be able to know this without having to bug the pro's on here ;)

Thanks again, i obviously came to the right place.

Your more then welcome to ask anything. everyone here is knowledgeable and friendly

My personal recommendations for an RDA would be a Tsunami 24 by geek vape. The authentic one's are only like 30 bucks (maybe be able to find it even cheaper on sale as well). I got mine like 2 weeks ago and it's my favorite. I like the velocity style decks. (the 2 vertical posts on opposite sides) this one ahs good air flow, not much leaking if any, and I like the glass window option. has a pretty good size juice well as well.

Another option if you wanted a RDTA is the avacado 24. Also just got one of those, it's similar to the Tsunami but not as good IMO, however it has a small juice tank on the bottom so you don't need to drip. Cost is about 30 bucks

If you wanted a straight tank that you don't need to rebuild. The TFV8 is by far the best. but it gets expensive buying coils can get expensive. It should come with a deck to rebuild on as well though, but i'm not 100% on that.

As far as figuring out amps use this http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms-law-calculator
get familiar with ohms law. You need to input 2 values and hit calculate. I always use resistance as 1 and the other can be volts or watts. For example, you said you wanted to build .2 ohms so enter that, and on a mechanical mod, the fully charged voltage is always 4.2 (but drops as you use it and the battery drains) so 4.2V and .2ohms = 21 amps and 88 watts. If you are using a regulated mod like your fuchai 200, you don't need to worry about it though. It'll limit your current to 25 amps no matter what so going with a set of LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q is fine. you can buy them at www.illumn.com for about 5-6 bucks each so you can get 4 for less then 30 bucks shipped and always have a spare set ready and charged (assuming you have a charger which i believe you do)

VU Sponsors