Become a Patron!

confused..sub or above...

BC67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, hey I've been off cigs and vaping for several years now, I like it simple and easy
I switched from nautilus to the mini naut. to the k-1, I tried the Atlantis and decided to stick with above ohm but I got tired of bottom fill tanks and really wanted an easy top fill tank so I tried the nautilus X, I hated it so I have now bought a smok mag with the TFV12 Prince tank, I seem to be enjoying it but I will go through a lot of juice and I'm only running it at 42.1 watts, the says best between 60-80 watts but that's to much for me, does this sound familiar?
should I stay with sub ohm and get used to it or should I find a good top fill tank that is above ohm(MTL)?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hi, hey I've been off cigs and vaping for several years now, I like it simple and easy
I switched from nautilus to the mini naut. to the k-1, I tried the Atlantis and decided to stick with above ohm but I got tired of bottom fill tanks and really wanted an easy top fill tank so I tried the nautilus X, I hated it so I have now bought a smok mag with the TFV12 Prince tank, I seem to be enjoying it but I will go through a lot of juice and I'm only running it at 42.1 watts, the says best between 60-80 watts but that's to much for me, does this sound familiar?
should I stay with sub ohm and get used to it or should I find a good top fill tank that is above ohm(MTL)?
Welcome to VU. Absolutely no reason you can't do both as the mood suits you. It's your vape. There are some good mtl tanks with good coils, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I dtl rtas myself. You'll get more answers, in the mean time cruise some mtl threads in the forums and see what others are happy with.

BC67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks!
Welcome to VU. Absolutely no reason you can't do both as the mood suits you. It's your vape. There are some good mtl tanks with good coils, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I dtl rtas myself. You'll get more answers, in the mean time cruise some mtl threads in the forums and see what others are happy with.
hanks!

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Like @Letitia9 said you can do either or both whatever mood you're in. Personally I prefer to drip and at high watts low ohms. But, I squonk tom on lower higher ohms. I usually only MTL in my car and i use a nautilus 2. Works really well, it's a top feed.

As for the smok, they recommend all kinds of crazy watts. vape whatever watt feels right for you based on the coil and the juice ... that's how I roll. But, again, not really a fan of RTAs.

BC67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like @Letitia9 said you can do either or both whatever mood you're in. Personally I prefer to drip and at high watts low ohms. But, I squonk tom on lower higher ohms. I usually only MTL in my car and i use a nautilus 2. Works really well, it's a top feed.

As for the smok, they recommend all kinds of crazy watts. vape whatever watt feels right for you based on the coil and the juice ... that's how I roll. But, again, not really a fan of RTAs.
Thanks I’ve thought about a nautilus 2 and will probably buy one.

BC67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ye
@BC67 Anything on your radar yet?
Yes, I have thought about a nautilus 2 and may try one, but I am enjoying the mag with the prince tank, I tried DIY juice for a few months and stopped, but I messaged Teresa p and she gave me a recipe so I’ve decided to start mixing my own juice again.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Maybe look at the new Innokin Zenith tank. Hearing some positive remarks from users. Nauti 2 has some pretty mixed user remarks. Seems to be a love/hate tank. SXK Doggie style is another I hear mentioned a lot.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @BC67 and I hope you enjoy your stay.

I switch between tanks all day long and one minute I can be at 1.6Ω with a restricted A/F and the next at .15Ω and wide open unrestricted A/F. So no need to feel like you should be using only one device or tank.

upload_2018-1-23_17-55-16.png

BC67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome @BC67 and I hope you enjoy your stay.

I switch between tanks all day long and one minute I can be at 1.6Ω with a restricted A/F and the next at .15Ω and wide open unrestricted A/F. So no need to feel like you should be using only one device or tank.

View attachment 101582
Good point, I was never good at playing by other people’s rules anyways, he’ll my own rule was no rules, so yea makes sense to me!!!!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Shit in the last 2 hours I switched tanks and MOD's so many times I lost count! Now time for desert and a Desert Vape to compliment it!

BC67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Shit in the last 2 hours I switched tanks and MOD's so many times I lost count! Now time for desert and a Desert Vape to compliment it!
Yea but I like it simple, give me something to hit, and I jus keep hitting it till I can’t anymore, simple and easy, I don’t like complicated.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yea but I like it simple, give me something to hit, and I jus keep hitting it till I can’t anymore, simple and easy, I don’t like complicated.

Can't get much simpler that reaching to my left...............

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My first "tank" atomizer was Kanger Toptank (topfill) mini. It comes with 2 factory coils (0.5 ohm and 0.8 *i think* ohm. AND an RBA mini. You can build your own single coil to whatever resistance you like. If you can wrap a paperclip around a nail, you just built a coil. (but dont vape on that). You don't HAVE to use the RBA but once you do, you won't want to use anything else. Burnt wick? No prob.. just put a new bit of cotton in. No more sitting up at 3am waiting for the vape shop to open. lol. And, being just that kind of nerd, I can say you can even use small clapton coils. lol.

BC67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first "tank" atomizer was Kanger Toptank (topfill) mini. It comes with 2 factory coils (0.5 ohm and 0.8 *i think* ohm. AND an RBA mini. You can build your own single coil to whatever resistance you like. If you can wrap a paperclip around a nail, you just built a coil. (but dont vape on that). You don't HAVE to use the RBA but once you do, you won't want to use anything else. Burnt wick? No prob.. just put a new bit of cotton in. No more sitting up at 3am waiting for the vape shop to open. lol. And, being just that kind of nerd, I can say you can even use small clapton coils. lol.
Sounds good, I’ll probably go that route since I like doing my own thing anyway.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
You will love the flavor and never look back BC67.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
well my rba and pre made 0,25 coils for my v 12 tank are on their way, now all I have to do is pull enough cotton of these q tips and ill be good to go.
:facepalm::giggle: I like Koh Gen Do pads, I get them from Amazon.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Koh Gen Do are good, I prefer cotton bacon. A pouch would last an average builder for years. lol.
There is some debate on bleached vs unbleached. Bleaching kills any mold or fungi that might be present in the cotton. What many don't know, is that after bleaching and rinsing and re-rinsing, any trace of bleach breaks down very shortly after exposure to air. Interesting fact.. bleach could save your life.. you can add it to even swamp water to kill bacteria and make it drinkable. (I think it is 1 tsp per gallon (but would have to look it up again)) *let sit 2 hours before drinking*

BC67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And why would I want to mess up good swamp water?
I am from the South ya know, we’re proud of our swamp water, fungi and all.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
And why would I want to mess up good swamp water?
I am from the South ya know, we’re proud of our swamp water, fungi and all.
Go drink a couple cups. Then let us know how proud you are. After you are able to get off the toilet that is.

BC67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Go drink a couple cups. Then let us know how proud you are. After you are able to get off the toilet that is.
Always proud down here, no matter what.we have the tech, the oil, the jobs, the money, and lowest taxes, it’s all good.

VU Sponsors