Become a Patron!

Confused- Tobeco super tank mini

I'm pretty sure it's me, maybe along with some uneducated advice from others but I feel like maybe I'm just doing something wrong or not educated enough to get maximum benefit...

I have a fairly new Tobeco super tank mini with a ceramic coil in (which is what was recommended and what they told me to always use), it was great for about the 1st three days and since it seems really harsh and hurts my throat. I'm not using it an extreme amount.

It is time (but the problem started much earlier) for a coil change which I'm really hoping for suggestions on where/what to buy there as well?

I'm wondering if it could have more to do with the juice I'm using? (50/50 blend with 1.0 nicotine - they use a system of 0, .5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0... and it's made while you wait in the store, digital smoke if anyone's heard of it)

I feel like I know so little I don't even know what other information to offer that might be helpful in giving you what you need to know that will eventually help me. Oh, except I'm vaping between 25-30w.

Thank you for any advice that might get me on the right track.

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Ceramic coils have had mixed reviews. I'm okay with em but they burn easy IMO.
The STM is a great tank, forget the ceramic for a while... try other coils.
Firebird has recommended the Triton Stainless steel coil heads... I'll have mine on Monday.
Lots of coils fit the STM. There's a list here somewhere...

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my STM's w/ .9 ohm CCell's, even though disassembly is a pain. I use 30/70 pv, 12mg, and have no wicking issues to create harsh draws. I have found that sometimes bubbles get trapped in the feed holes, and opening then reclosing the top to alleviate tank pressure, help getting the feed going again. What kind/flavor of juice?

That nic content system is non-standard, and I would be leary of anybody deviating from industry standards of mg or %. Deviation, or being proprietary, usually means some wool is getting pulled on somebody.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You do need to establish your nicotine strengh. It is determined by percentage (not so much these days in my experance) or mg/ml as Ratrace said. From how you have written it, it seems like it is in percentage. So l think you are vaping 1% which is 10mg/ml. But you need to clarify this with your vender and see if it is too high for you. I don't know much about ceramic coils. But if you change to a different coil. Then you may also have to reduce your nicotine strengh.
I cannot stress enough the importance of doing your own research first. Do not assume that everyone in a vape shop knows what they are selling and knows what is best for you.
All the best

VU Sponsors