Become a Patron!

Constantly have to put e-juice on the coil

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So right now Im vaping on the joyetech ego one (my istick broke down, waiting for the cool fire iv to arrive lol).
Vaping on it has been okay until now, because it seems I have to constantly put e juice onto the coil (its a 1.ohm coil). It takes me maybe 10-20 puffs of it and then it starts to feel burnt, i then open it and have a look at the coil, and it seems pretty dry so I get more ejuice onto it and also make sure its not leaking anywhere (I have removed the coil and checked and everythings fine). Why is this happening? How can I fix this?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude I'm assuming
You are referring to the MINI ego one?
Tank capacity is
1.8 ml...

Vape On

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude I'm assuming
You are referring to the MINI ego one?
Tank capacity is
1.8 ml...

Vape On
the joyetech ego one mega, not mini. Also what does capacity even have to do with this? Its filled up, but im talking I have to keep putting e juice onto the coil itself because after about 10-20 puffs the ejuice on it is gone.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Post a picture of this?
A picture? https://vaporhq.com/media/catalog/p...sories-joyetech-ego-one-0.5-ohm-coil-side.jpg this is the coil. I put e juice on the cotton of it. I let it sink it and also of course fill the atomizer http://www.scvapors.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/joyetech-sub-tank.jpg up with e juice. After about 10-20 puffs from it, it starts to taste a bit burnt. I then take a look at the coil and the cotton is very dry, so I have to put more ejuice on it and then it vapes fine for another 10-20 puffs before I have to redo the process again and again and again and thats annoying and hasnt been a problem before. How do I fix this?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i'm assuming that the amount of juice in the tank isn't decreasing at all either?

what is the vg/pg ratio of your juice?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like what whiskey said
Tank empty?fill it up...
10 to 20 puffs is about right before refilling...

Vape On

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think he has it filled but juice isnt getting to the coil. Wickinh issue... Help him out tank guys!
ah thank you! finally someone that gets it, kinda at leats. The juice is getting into the coil, but its gone after a few puffs and i got to put more ejuice on it because it gets dry fast af.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like what whiskey said
Tank empty?fill it up...
10 to 20 puffs is about right before refilling...

Vape On
the tank is filled up, im talking about the coil itself getting dry after a few puffs.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nevermind
tumblr_nagp0lqPWY1sw2uhpo1_1280_zpsasaxiuii.jpg

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Change the coil... Try a higher ohm coil if available

Vape On
Problem is, i dont have any other coil for this. I usually use the istick plus nautilus but the istick broke down and im awaiting a new cool fire iv that should arrive in about a week.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i'm assuming that the amount of juice in the tank isn't decreasing at all either?

what is the vg/pg ratio of your juice?
the tank is filled and it isnt decreasing much either. The coil is just getting dry way to fast and i have to keep putting ejuice onto it again and again. the pg/vg ratio is 35/65 (more pg).

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Problem is, i dont have any other coil for this. I usually use the istick plus nautilus but the istick broke down and im awaiting a new cool fire iv that should arrive in about a week.
The coil is a JUZZLER... if tasted burnt?ur coil is burnt
You need a new coil...

Vape On

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The coil is a JUZZLER... if tasted burnt?ur coil is burnt
You need a new coil...

Vape On
well no, because if I just get more e juice on it its fine. Its just that the coil gets dry really quickly.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Umm.. the iStick and Coolfire are MODS not coils. The coil is INSIDE the tank, which is ON TOP OF the mod.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Put your nautilus on the mod and get a better coil for your tank. Your juice is too thick, or your wicking is too much. Somethin' ain't right, but I haven't heard the best review for the ego one tank.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
yeah and? atomizer and tank is the same shit right?
No. The tank is the tank. The atomizer is the cotton & coil assembly--often referred-to as simply "the coil."

the tank is filled and it isnt decreasing much either. The coil is just getting dry way to fast and i have to keep putting ejuice onto it again and again.
Sounds like the wick isn't wicking.

the pg/vg ratio is 35/65 (more pg).
That's confusing. First you say the pg/vg ratio is 35/65, then that the PG is higher, which would imply the PG/VG ratio is 65/35. So which is it? If the juice is 65/35: You should be good and I suspect a faulty atomizer. If the PG/VG ratio is 35/65: That's your problem. You can't use a low-PG juice in an atomizer like that. It won't wick fast enough.

For future reference: Traditionally PG/VG ratios are given as, well, PG/VG. Just like blood pressure is always stated as systolic/diastolic. Less confusing that way :)

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try lowering your voltage.
You cant adjust stuff like that on the joyetech ego one mega.
Put your nautilus on the mod and get a better coil for your tank. Your juice is too thick, or your wicking is too much. Somethin' ain't right, but I haven't heard the best review for the ego one tank.
the nautilus doesnt go with this mod

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Umm.. the iStick and Coolfire are MODS not coils. The coil is INSIDE the tank, which is ON TOP OF the mod.

Andria
Yes, I know... i know...
i am talking about the coil... the COIL. the COIL is getting dry way too quickly. The coilll

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No. The tank is the tank. The atomizer is the cotton & coil assembly--often referred-to as simply "the coil."

Sounds like the wick isn't wicking.

That's confusing. First you say the pg/vg ratio is 35/65, then that the PG is higher, which would imply the PG/VG ratio is 65/35. So which is it? If the juice is 65/35: You should be good and I suspect a faulty atomizer. If the PG/VG ratio is 35/65: That's your problem. You can't use a low-PG juice in an atomizer like that. It won't wick fast enough.

For future reference: Traditionally PG/VG ratios are given as, well, PG/VG. Just like blood pressure is always stated as systolic/diastolic. Less confusing that way :)
sorry, theres more PG than VG. 65pg 35vg.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Then it's 65/35 -- PG comes first, I don't care what the cloud chasers think -- you don't go changing a standard just because tastes change.

It sounds like the wick isn't wicking, which would imply too much wick, the juice can't travel to keep the wick soaked.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So the coil is getting dry to quick?
How old is the coil? Have you primed it?

Any 510 tank work with any 510 mod

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Specifications:

• 510 Threaded
  • 2.5ml Capacity Tank
  • Operating Voltage: 3.3 - 4.2 V
  • Stainless steel construction
  • Available in 1100 mAh or 2200 mAh
  • Adjustable airflow control valve
  • Low voltage protection
  • Short circuit protection
  • Minimum Resistance: 0.5 ohms
  • Dimensions:5-3/8" x 3/4"D (Including Drip Tip)
Compatible Coils:

It's a 510 threaded mod, the Nautilus should work just fine on it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anytime I hear of someone having a problem using a nautilus, I just think, well there's the problem, it's a nautilus! :D I never could get any kind of decent vape out of a nautilus, but I was too new at the time to understand why -- now I know, I just can't abide dual-coil anything.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Anytime I hear of someone having a problem using a nautilus, I just think, well there's the problem, it's a nautilus! :D I never could get any kind of decent vape out of a nautilus, but I was too new at the time to understand why -- now I know, I just can't abide dual-coil anything.

Andria
His previous set up was a Nautilus, not the one he's talking about now.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ok, so it's 65/35 juice.

I'm not personally familiar with that gear, but, in general terms: If the juice is right and the atomizer keeps running dry: The atomizer is faulty. Machine malfunction at the factory packed too much wick in it, perhaps?

Hmmm... Is it possible it started out working properly and perhaps you overdid it and burned the wick? On an atomizer like that, all it takes is burning the wick once, real well, to toast it permanently.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
His previous set up was a Nautilus, not the one he's talking about now.

Which is... what? I read back a ways, but maybe I missed it. To me it just sounds like a case of too much wick, if the juice isn't travelling freely enough to keep the wick wet. On the other hand... I know some folks think 65/35 is a lot of PG, but it's really not; it's still 35% VG, which is horribly thick. Maybe try some 80% PG, if you want thin.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yup Sounds like the op has two options, put the nautilus on the ego one, or run to vape shop and grab a few ego one coils.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup Sounds like the op has two options, put the nautilus on the ego one, or run to vape shop and grab a few ego one coils.
I live in a country with no vape shops. Putting the nautilus on the joyetech ego should work but the button just starts to blink, as if it was out of battery (although it is charged) when I press it with the nautilus on. Works fine with the joyetech tank and coil

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Specifications:

• 510 Threaded
  • 2.5ml Capacity Tank
  • Operating Voltage: 3.3 - 4.2 V
  • Stainless steel construction
  • Available in 1100 mAh or 2200 mAh
  • Adjustable airflow control valve
  • Low voltage protection
  • Short circuit protection
  • Minimum Resistance: 0.5 ohms
  • Dimensions:5-3/8" x 3/4"D (Including Drip Tip)
Compatible Coils:

It's a 510 threaded mod, the Nautilus should work just fine on it.
well it should work, but it doesnt. the button you press to vape starts blinking, as if it was out of battery although its not, its fully charged. Works fine with the joyetech ego atomizer and tank but not the nautilus.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Which is... what? I read back a ways, but maybe I missed it. To me it just sounds like a case of too much wick, if the juice isn't travelling freely enough to keep the wick wet. On the other hand... I know some folks think 65/35 is a lot of PG, but it's really not; it's still 35% VG, which is horribly thick. Maybe try some 80% PG, if you want thin.

Andria
I guess the juice is too thick then

VU Sponsors