Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Convenience stores try to kill online sales electronic cigarettes
Posted by brian yaeger on 8/12/2014 to Vapor comments
spacer.gif

The battle for electronic cigarettes.

Convenience Stores are getting greedy.

Today, the national association of Convenience stores urged the FDA to kill online sales in a move that would essentially make them the sole suppliers of electronic cigarettes. I sense a little bit of greed on their behalf. It was not just ecigs that they were pushing for, but the ban of anything tobacco related when it comes to online sales.

The group claims that electronic cigarettes are the wild west of tobacco products and this somehow will help underage people to get their hands on these products in a much easier fashion.

This is all funny to me because they also recently opposed a ruling that would push the smoking age up to 21. I assume that rule would lower their overall profit causing quite a loss in sales for them. They need to make up their minds. They can’t have it both ways. Either you’re for or against the age requirements of using tobacco related products.

If you can’t see the greed in that then you either work at a convenient store or you’re blind to the truth. It seems to me that not only are the tobacco companies realizing that ecigs are a very profitable market, but now the convenient stores are too. Hmmmm, are the big tobacco companies backing them up? Most likely.

This is just another case of absolute greed, and would be a crushing blow to my small business and others like me. All I am trying to do is put food on my table just like the next person. My site explicitly states that you must be 18 to enter and buy any products on the site. If you do not want your children to buy tobacco products you should probably monitor their behavior a little better. It is not my fault that your parenting skills have failed. Like I said you should watch your kids a little better and you won’t have to worry about it.

In conclusion, I hope the FDA will realize that this is just an attempt by the convenient stores to fatten their pockets. I hope all who read this will write to the FDA and tell them that this would essentially kill many small online retailers leaving there families with no income. I again strongly urge you to this in a professional manner so that the people in public office will realize how detrimental this act would be.

VU Sponsors