Become a Patron!

converting from cloud chasing to FLAVOR chasing

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The best comprise I've found between vapor and flavor is the Tsunami. I have a couple of the 22's and a 24 but much prefer the 22. Best part is, the black 22 is less than $20 on vape royalty.

A Velocity deck and Kennedy airflow. A match made in heaven, imo.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A Velocity deck and Kennedy airflow. A match made in heaven, imo.
If only the Tsunami was made of brass, was better built and had better drip tip, it would have been perfect, or if the company making the Kennedy wasn't so stubborn and made it with a velocity style deck and an actual AFC.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMO, coil construction is a major factor for flavour.
My go to coils are a 26/36 K1 Fused Clapton (sometimes staged with 24K1), or a Fraple 8*.5/26/36 Ni80. I'll run them as either singles or duals.I'll run these coils from 40-120W on tubes and reg mods.

Juice composition percentages are a factor as well.
I DIY my juices at 30/70 and average 15% flavour loads. For me this is enough PG to carry the flavour, and still produce a nice cloud.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get the best flavor out of a high quality staple staggered fused I bought at around 90W.
Unfortunately making it myself is beyond me and I'm not in the habit if buying coils, so I usually just settle for making fused (and I'm still working on making proper staggered fused).

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get the best flavor out of a high quality staple staggered fused I bought at around 90W.
Unfortunately making it myself is beyond me and I'm not in the habit if buying coils, so I usually just settle for making fused (and I'm still working on making proper staggered fused).

imo you'd be better focused on figuring out the the staple type builds over the staggered builds. Here is a quick video I put together on doing the set up. A rock solid set-up makes wrapping the easiest part of building a coil. If you have the fused clapton figured out; your half way there!

Thank you. The way it "should be" for me is a way that satisfies my need to smoke, which means a tight mouth-to-lung draw. Huffing is nothing like smoking, and would never satisfy me, even IF my asthmatic lungs could handle it.

Andria
Your story is so similar to mine, I got excited. My husband blows huge clouds with his giant top of the line mods and tanks... And I'm over here with my asthma, enjoying my Nautilus X on 15 watts with a thick high vg juice, air 1/3 open. The flavor is so strong that for example if I use the breakfast juice, my family (kids, husband, and even the pets) gather thinking I am cooking for them lol No worries, I usually do so no crimes were committed. ~

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your story is so similar to mine, I got excited. My husband blows huge clouds with his giant top of the line mods and tanks... And I'm over here with my asthma, enjoying my Nautilus X on 15 watts with a thick high vg juice, air 1/3 open. The flavor is so strong that for example if I use the breakfast juice, my family (kids, husband, and even the pets) gather thinking I am cooking for them lol No worries, I usually do so no crimes were committed. ~

Your setup gives me yet more confirmation that my VG-intolerance really isn't because of my asthma -- though maybe I notice the "hairball I can't cough up" feeling in my chest, *because* I'm so accustomed to being hyper-aware of what my lungs are up to, because of my asthma.

I generally vape about 9.5w-10.5w. Sometimes at 10w or 10.5w, though it really is tasty at that level, it makes more vapor than I can really deal with, choking me up, or sometimes it might seem a bit too warm -- the latter especially if I'm using a metal driptip; with my acrylics, 10w or 10.5w never seems too warm, only with the metal ones.

The only issues I've had with "2nd hand odor" is if the coil/wick gets massively gunked, always a big problem with the high-percentage flavoring in my strawberry & cream, my husband complains that it smells like "burnt shit." And I've actually noticed it myself now and then, though I'd say it's more like burnt plastic than burnt shit. :D And a couple of the "tobacco-ish" vapes I tried at first, he disliked the smell of intensely, though the one I first started with, Virginia from MyFreedomSmokes, was very light, and really had no smell at all.

Andria

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@fordyuck : Your story is one of the many things I luv about vaping. A couple sitting side-by-side, engaging(and hopefully enjoying), the same activity at two totally different levels.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I get equal flavor from a dual fused Clapton at 55-80w as I do from a 26g micro coil in my erlkoenigin at 12w.
Different strokes for different desires.
I vape both with high power and mil depending on my moods... but in the end its the flavor I want. with big airflow like a fog zombie RDA(or battle cap), to get then flavor I want I need to use alot of surface area. With a tight chamber like your nautilus or a small chamber rebuildable, the vape is condensed and usually more saturated giving you a stronger flavor.
In the end its just 2 paths to the same result.

Your setup gives me yet more confirmation that my VG-intolerance really isn't because of my asthma -- though maybe I notice the "hairball I can't cough up" feeling in my chest, *because* I'm so accustomed to being hyper-aware of what my lungs are up to, because of my asthma.

I generally vape about 9.5w-10.5w. Sometimes at 10w or 10.5w, though it really is tasty at that level, it makes more vapor than I can really deal with, choking me up, or sometimes it might seem a bit too warm -- the latter especially if I'm using a metal driptip; with my acrylics, 10w or 10.5w never seems too warm, only with the metal ones.

The only issues I've had with "2nd hand odor" is if the coil/wick gets massively gunked, always a big problem with the high-percentage flavoring in my strawberry & cream, my husband complains that it smells like "burnt shit." And I've actually noticed it myself now and then, though I'd say it's more like burnt plastic than burnt shit. :D And a couple of the "tobacco-ish" vapes I tried at first, he disliked the smell of intensely, though the one I first started with, Virginia from MyFreedomSmokes, was very light, and really had no smell at all.

Andria
Unfortunately, the thinner juices, and high PG juices bother my bronchial the most! So I just tilt the bottles to check them out first. Some high VG stuff is actually really thin. I'm not a chemist, but it seems the vapor on the thinner stuff is more like a fume and less like a vapor. The more dense and steam like vapor all around just works for me. I hate having any asthma issues, I had it as a kid and was free of it for years!! Some new cigarette fire safety law was implemented in my state, and boom, asthma and wheezing back. Sometimes severe! Until vaping.
And I second what you say about the gunk. I'm always cleaning and messing with them when there is a strong flavoring. Sometimes my husband uses extra sweetener juices. They're the worst. ~

VU Sponsors