Become a Patron!

Convinced the hubby to try vaping

Starting him off right (IMHO) with a Nautilus mini (he can hang with a ego battery for now, I love him, but I'm not giving up my iStick!). He has been trying to quit cold turkey, then patches, and has been hiding his "slips" from everyone but me (well, he tried to hide em from me, but that's impossible with my returned sense of smell).

When I pointed out that I hadn't had a smoke for days, and I was not stressed in the least, he agreed to give it a shot.

Wish us luck!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Good Job!

What was he smoking and what Mg of nic are you giving him?

What was he smoking and what Mg of nic are you giving him?

He's a pack-a-day Marlboro light smoker - I've got him set up with ITC Vapes' Gold RY4 @ 18mg for now - the only "tobacco-ish" I have that isn't menthol. So far, he says it reminds him of Count Chocula, lol! He's of the opinion that flavors are "strange", but I'm sure he'll come around. I started out thinking I needed a tobacco menthol juice, bought a few before I realized I liked flavors more (which is the majority of vapers, no?)

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats! and good luck finding him a "acceptable" tobacco replacement.
I think that is the biggest deciding factor in successfully dropping the cigarettes. When the brain wants tobacco flavor (after a meal, waking up, etc) no amount of nicotine stops that craving.
Since the wife and I have dropped tobacco flavors, she can't say tobacco without cringing.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
He's a pack-a-day Marlboro light smoker - I've got him set up with ITC Vapes' Gold RY4 @ 18mg for now - the only "tobacco-ish" I have that isn't menthol. So far, he says it reminds him of Count Chocula, lol! He's of the opinion that flavors are "strange", but I'm sure he'll come around. I started out thinking I needed a tobacco menthol juice, bought a few before I realized I liked flavors more (which is the majority of vapers, no?)

Some prefer fruity/sweet flavors and some prefer tobacco flavors. We are all different as far as taste goes.
Finding something you like is key. try out lots of sample bottles until you find something he loves.
Best of luck to you both and welcome!

Finding something you like is key. try out lots of sample bottles until you find something he loves.
Best of luck to you both and welcome!

I have somewhere in the area of 25 sample juices, and if none of those strike his fancy, I'll bring him up to our local b&m for an opportunity to sample some more (but frankly, I don't really care for their in-house juices - most are of a single flavor profile - I like complex flavors better).

He did have a pretty good day yesterday - smoked about 50% what he would have otherwise, so there's that. I told him I did not have the expectation that this was going to be a "magic wand" and wave away all desire for a cigarette - for some it works that way, but everyone is different. But if it substitutes half off his smokes one week, 60% the next....we'll get there in the end! The less of a struggle, the greater the chances of success, IMHO.

jovial_evil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have somewhere in the area of 25 sample juices, and if none of those strike his fancy, I'll bring him up to our local b&m for an opportunity to sample some more (but frankly, I don't really care for their in-house juices - most are of a single flavor profile - I like complex flavors better).

He did have a pretty good day yesterday - smoked about 50% what he would have otherwise, so there's that. I told him I did not have the expectation that this was going to be a "magic wand" and wave away all desire for a cigarette - for some it works that way, but everyone is different. But if it substitutes half off his smokes one week, 60% the next....we'll get there in the end! The less of a struggle, the greater the chances of success, IMHO.
Exactly. Took a little time for me. Started by vaping while driving and that cut off alot, then would alternate rest of the time to eventually didn't need, want a cigarette.

Good luck.

VU Sponsors