Become a Patron!

Coolfire IV TC100 Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First of all I would like to thank Innokin for the giveaway. I received my Blue Coolfire IV TC100 and she's a beauty. The mod came fully charged and the menu system is pretty simple. The first tank I tried was my Crown with the Ni200 coil. I have to say that this new Aetheon chip does TC really well, dare I say DNA well. I ran the Crown at 85w and 475f. The mods hits really nice and smooth. To be honest it hits as smooth as a DNA. I get no pulsing at all. Next I tried a Crown with the .25 SS coil and got the same result, a real smooth consistent vape. This Chip is pretty amazing with real quick reaction time from when you hit the fire button. It also always asks you without fail what type of coil whenever you switch tanks. I will say at 85w and 475f this is not an all day mod. The only way I was able to get a full day out of the mod was by running my STM with the Ni200 coil at 36w and about 485f. So my guess would be that if you're running above 60w and a heavy vaper you probably won't get a full day out of it. The finish on the mod is nice and it is surprisingly light and very pocket friendly. I really like the colored light behind the fire button that indicates the battery level. I wish more companies did this. It's simple and convenient. I also really like the draw counter and wish more companies included this as well. I'm definitely not crazy about the internal battery and I think this mod would be much better with an external battery. Even with the 2 amp charging she still takes a while to charge up. All in all I think this is a great mod with a great chip. The TC is definitely on point and very accurate. Only cons I can mention and I am really nitpicking here are some tanks don't sit exactly flush. There is an ever so slight gap but I have to mention it. I'm also not crazy about the fire button. I wish it was bigger and had a better feel to it. It's kind of stiff but that could be because it's new and maybe it will break in. I will say this for a 100w device this thing is small. It does TC extremely well. It looks real sharp. I never owned an Innokin product before but with this mod they have made a fan out of me. I say this mod is a win.

Last edited:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@Deucesjack thanks for the great writeup. It probably should have been posted in the "Reviews" thread, but either way, I now know a lot more about the Coolfire IV than I did before. I do have a couple questions though.

1. When you ran the Crown with the .25 SS coil, did you use TC mode, or was that in pure "Power" mode?
2. How long does it take to fully charge the battery from "dead"?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack thanks for the great writeup. It probably should have been posted in the "Reviews" thread, but either way, I now know a lot more about the Coolfire IV than I did before. I do have a couple questions though.

1. When you ran the Crown with the .25 SS coil, did you use TC mode, or was that in pure "Power" mode?
2. How long does it take to fully charge the battery from "dead"?
I ran the Crown in TC mode. It took a little over 2 hours to go from dead to 100%. I used an Anker 2 amp brick and wire.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Quick update, I don't if it's because I went thru a few charge cycles but she now goes from dead to 100% in just under 90 minutes. Makes me like this mod even more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick update, I don't if it's because I went thru a few charge cycles but she now goes from dead to 100% in just under 90 minutes. Makes me like this mod even more.

I came so close to buying this the other night but went in a completely different direction. It's definitely one I want to try.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I came so close to buying this the other night but went in a completely different direction. It's definitely one I want to try.
I'm actually thinking of picking up another. I can't say enough about this chip. It does an amazing job with tc. What did you wind up getting?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm actually thinking of picking up another. I can't say enough about this chip. It does an amazing job with tc. What did you wind up getting?

IPV 3 Li.... I've been reading about that chip all morning, very impressive. I think I'll try and sneak one by next week.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
IPV 3 Li.... I've been reading about that chip all morning, very impressive. I think I'll try and sneak one by next week.
How do you like the Ipv?

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Did you find a way to change the watts in TC mode?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't have the mod on me now but you either hit the plus or minus button with the fire button. I think it's the minus.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors