Become a Patron!

Copper or Brass

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a THC Tauren copper mech and I was cleaning the switch and the tube rolled off the bed and now the switch doesn't want to screw in. Would brass be more durable? How about oxidation? I guess its the climate I live in but i can polish a copper tube and its already oxidizing same or next day.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hahaha, ok. Aluminum is garbage for tube mechs. You ask about durability, but insist on using all the non durable materials and settle on the worst of them? Haha, good luck genius.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hahaha, ok. Aluminum is garbage for tube mechs. You ask about durability, but insist on using all the non durable materials and settle on the worst of them? Haha, good luck genius.
You're a dumbfuck. You do realize aluminum is stronger than both copper or brass. I was hoping to get someone to post that wasn't a moron.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Talk about soft, easily oxidized metals giving you trouble and decide to settle on another soft, easily oxidized metal. Who’s the dumb fuck? Yeah, good luck genius.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Talk about soft, easily oxidized metals giving you trouble and decide to settle on another soft, easily oxidized metal. Who’s the dumb fuck? Yeah, good luck genius.
You are. Guess what dump beds, utility trailers, and even firearms are made out of aluminum. Quit whining about stainless steel ****** it has a bigger voltage drop than copper or brass

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
but its not good as conductivity.
The difference in how they hit is negligible based on the materials used.

The design of the switch and such has much more to do with how they hit than does the material.
And especially with brass and copper how often and well you clean them.

I have some brass mechs and do not use them as they make my hands stink.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Nailed it.
Technically not Zero, but a factor of the 10 to the -6 and -7, so we’ll error on the side of caution and say 99.999995% negligible for our purposes. There are minutiae which have much greater impact on mod resistance than tube material, dirty threads for example.

TL;DR: The differences in resistances for any material we could realistically fashion a tube from are basically 100% negligible.

VU Sponsors