Become a Patron!

copper why do my mechs discolor

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so a buddy brought up a valid question. why do all my mech mods especially copper start to turn rainbow colored at the top...? we both sub ohm 0.08-0.10 using RDAs. his do not discolor ever. every single mech I use does this.

I'll try to snap a pic of the color unfortunately the camera doesn't pic up the purples pinks blues but you'll def see the discoloration happening. it's only at the top.

140548030243330bdfe72378f6eb9cf2.jpg
3eda17918ac1e93404665d5da808f9e5.jpg

Cloud Chasing

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What that guy said, lol, heat. Can't say that I've had a copper mod start getting "Heat treated" type coloration, but as to why your friends are not doing the same thing could range from vaping style (how long the pull is and how often you take a hit), different batteries (some stay cooler longer than others) and general upkeep (keeping internal contacts polished up = Less voltage drop which means more heat passing through the 510)...if you guys are using the exact same mods/RDA's/Coils, those would be the only variables I know that could be causing different reactions as well as if either of you or both of you are using clones which can be different from batch to batch causing differences to emerge over time

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's from the heat.
Ive only had it happen once. I usually build above a 0.15 for single battery mechmods and normally don't have any issue.
However; I put down one of my copper tubes and walked away, forgetting to lock the switch. When k came back in the room, I noticed it firing. The mod was too hot to touch, so I knocked it over to take the pressure off the switch. After it cooled a bit I took the battery out and the top had that same stained look.
Thankfully, I was lucky to get the stain out with alot of buffing and polishing.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I take long pulls, I use vtc5a for 0.08,when going up to 0.10 I use 25rs. this is in single tubes I don't use boxes, mechs only. so it's heat causing this. well it's cool, thanks for the replies. oh btw all my mechs are authentic, I have a few clones but don't use them often.

Cloud Chasing

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Your body chemistry has a hand in it as well. Some people have a more acidic natural PH. I know guys on my old police detachment that could simply press a finger to the barrel of a rifle for a second and would leave an oxidized fingerprint. add heat from a low build and longish pulls and yea, yours is gonna get oxidized more.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your body chemistry has a hand in it as well. Some people have a more acidic natural PH. I know guys on my old police detachment that could simply press a finger to the barrel of a rifle for a second and would leave an oxidized fingerprint. add heat from a low build and longish pulls and yea, yours is gonna get oxidized more.
I can do that! haha that explains it.

Cloud Chasing

VU Sponsors