1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

Corona, Politics and Bullshit

Discussion in 'U MAD BRO??' started by The Cromwell, Mar 30, 2020.

1. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Donald Trump brags that the U.S. is sending medical aid to ITALY despite hospitals warning of shortages at home - as he unveils 5-minute coronavirus testing kit on the White House lawn
    • President Trump boasted that the U.S. would send $100 million in medical supplies to Italy, predicting there would be more than enough
    • The president said he had spoken with Italy's Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte on the phone earlier and made the pledge
    • Trump also said he would ship medical supplies to Spain and France.

Rhianne and ~Don~ like this.
  2. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    "We are slowly descending into chaos," a trauma physician at Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital said.
    [​IMG]

Inside a hospital overwhelmed with Covid-19 patients and deaths

The doctor's colleagues who normally rely on literature, research and training are "flying blind" without instruments and building guidelines from the ground up, the physician said.
    And when they're done treating coronavirus patients in trauma, they head back to the ICU to treat more.
    At a New York hospital, staff members were wiping down and reusing single-use protective equipment, a doctor in the anesthesiology department said.
    When the hospital ran out of life-saving ventilators, it started using anesthesia machines instead.
    "There is not enough of anything," the doctor said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/health/us-coronavirus-updates-monday/index.html

kross8 and Rhianne like this.
  3. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Time for another impeachment?

4. ~Don~

~Don~ Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    As stupid as that sounds, curious to what aid was sent?

band aids?

Cool Aid ;)

Could mean a plethora of things to get under the skin of American's and their thoughts.

probably items of abundance, but the goof does love to brag about just anything

Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  5. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Those countries need the same stuff our hospitals do not have enough of.

Rhianne likes this.
  6. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    And Yes Trump must keep his ratings up on his talks about the virus.
    He is competing with the Bachelor and such shows after all.

Rhianne likes this.
  7. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    May I ask where you served? Your VU thing says your grumpy, so I don’t want to piss you off.

I stopped watching news over a year ago, but when corona got going, I tuned in a bit. American news is bad, so I’ve been watching NTD from China (non CCP) and WION from India. It doesn’t seem like they’re trying to freak people out.

Stay safe and stay smart.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Rob B. likes this.
  8. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Are you doing isolation or rest in place in your state?

Rob B. likes this.
  9. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Fake news? Lol

Rob B. likes this.
  10. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Crikes, I’m near Manhattan. :cry:

Rob B. likes this.
  11. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    It takes a brain transplant for most of them, apparently!! Lol

Rob B. and The Cromwell like this.
  12. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    And you’ve got kids to feed and take care of. I’m sorry about that. It’s not fair! :hug:

Rob B. likes this.
  13. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Were any of his flock tested for the virus, I wonder.

Rob B. and The Cromwell like this.
  14. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    He should send half a million masks to NY hospitals, before it’s too late for doctors and patients!!

15. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    not just NY pretty much all areas of the country are short on PPE. Masks, gowns, etc.
    And to brag about sending medical stuff out of the country right now is kinda treasonous if you ask me. Which no one does
    But clearly not the smartest most stable president ever.
    . But then Trump said NY had plenty and must be losing them out the back door.

Rhianne likes this.
  16. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    That’s crazy. I’m not sure what’s up with him. Possibly he’s trying to please everyone, and that’s not possible.

17. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    he is clearly not totally sane. And should be removed.
    He is more worried about his corona virus show ratings than human lives.
    he is trying to buy adoration from other countries.

MyMagicMist likes this.
  18. Jimi

Jimi Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Ya know with all this social distancing and New York being so bad what about wall street, are they still trading? Isn't that more that 10 people at a gathering? Oh that's right money always prevails:gaah:

Rob B., Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  19. Nailz

Nailz FUCK the FDA VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    They are trading off the floor, so no they they are not gathering.

20. Jimi

Jimi Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Wasn't sure, thanks for letting me know.

Rob B., The Cromwell and Nailz like this.
  21. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I dunno most is online now anyways.

22. casketweaver

casketweaver Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I spent a few tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.

Precise locales: Ramadi, Iraq and Pusht Rod, Afghanistan.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist, Rhianne and Jinx'd like this.
  23. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    I don't go out unless I need to. I move quickly and keep my distance from people. When I handle anything that anyone else may have handled (which is everything...) I wear gloves, sanitize gloves before removing, and wash my hands religiously anyways.

Thankfully, while everyone else is at home, I'm at work. Our company can't shut down or supplies of food and food based products would come to a screeching halt.

So yeah...

Our state shut down over a week ago. If you get pulled over, have your license, registration, insurance, and workplace notice ready, they will ask about it.

Keeping my distance from people was normal for me already, I don't like people up in my space and I don't trust folks enough to allow them to get that close.

Rhianne and firechick like this.
  24. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
  25. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Were you a Marine?

26. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Me as well. I like the social distancing thing.
    The rest not so much.

Rhianne likes this.
  27. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I like to be distant from crowds. But a few people together, I’m okay. Hiding out from a virus is not so happy. But I’m okay.

28. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    I was in 2 branches.

Marine Corps 2002-2010

Army 2010 - 2013

kross8, Jinx'd and inspects like this.
  29. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I was going to say Army, but I googled one of the battle places and it said Marine Corps. Some of those places looked mighty dicey. Glad you came out alive, brother. :hug:

30. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    Hence why the current situation has me pretty chill.

I mean, don't confuse my calm demeanor for complete complacency. Just know that during these times, my resolve is iron.

Just some stuff I sniffed out on the webs.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

31. kross8

kross8 Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Fwiw. Trump is using 3 of the biggest cargo planes to pick up supplies.. Which means he went straight to Asia to pick it up.. Dropping off a little here and there is being a good neighbor.. After all we can just turn those planes around and go get more PPE.

the PPE will be distributed asap.... But not all at once as there is always some clowns stealing some to sell.

At this point in the virus cycle.. It's more about watching who is volunteering for natural selection. -no need to rush supplies to them. Sadly those around them will risk paying the price.

Rob B., Vape Fan, inspects and 2 others like this.
  32. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    April fool?

Ms. Trixy and Rhianne like this.
  33. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, even though we're getting our ass spanked right now because of this shit, we should still be good people.

So long as America first, I think we'll make it out with less than the 100k - 2.2m deaths which is what's been predicted.
    April fool's to whom? America? LOL!

Jinx'd, Rhianne and kross8 like this.
  34. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    But trump said we had plenty of PPE stuff?
    Maybe those planes are for Italy, France and Spain?

35. kross8

Blog Posts:
    We do..american companies have it made in Asia.

Your blood pressure is going to kill you if you hang onto every word of every politician. Sit back.. Watch the show..its out of your hands..so do the best you can for yourself.. Those dependent on the govt can worry enough for everyone.

Rob B., Vape Fan, hellcatrydr and 4 others like this.
  36. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Oh my BP is fine.
    And we do NOT have plenty of PPE where it is needed most.
    I do not believe all that a politician says, I tend to believe those on the front lines and actual experts in the field more.
    Actually I believe very little that politicians of any party says.

37. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    That and actually doing are in effect treasonous because of his own words in public as Commander in Chief. He has called the pandemic a war. So if we are at war with a virus as a nation then him giving aid to other nations is in fact treason. It is taking away aid our nation needs in war time. This then aids the enemy of the virus by our nation not having resources to combat the enemy. His words and deeds are in fact treason. He needs to face a court martial and be dealt with as a traitor to our nation in war time.

And I'm not saying America should not help other nations out of humanitarian motivations, morals, ethics. We should help. But at the same time we need to insure our nation can survive too. Kind of goes in line with the Hillbilly expression, "clean your porch before you clean your neighbors".

Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  38. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    yep and my criticizing him has nothing to do with his political party. He is a bungling idiot not fit to be anywhere in our govt let alone president.

39. kross8

Blog Posts:
    And would you back a plan to Hiroshima the Wahun China area?

I would.. Tired of the crap that comes from that area.

Mostly I figure he is doing the best any president can under the circumstances.. Sure it could be better.. But you can't really stop other people from doing dumb things making the problem worse.

Ie.. Obama rewarded rather than convicted the bankers from 2008.. So they built a bubble 2xs the 2008 bubble.. And will hide behind the virus as reason for the market collapse.. Because dumb people believe that.-- nobody seems mad that they just got their retirement stolen for the 3rd time in 20 years from bankers.

40. kross8

Blog Posts:
    H
    Trump is a puppet master.. Pulls the strings of the media etc.. Your energy would be better spent looking around.. What is the media not telling you? Ie they were so busy with impeachment stuff they missed the early heads up in the virus.. Trump hate is popular.... Meanwhile traders knew what was going on and dumping their stocks... Buying supplies and puts in stocks.

Follow the money don't bother with headlines that may or may not be true.

Trump told you.. The next few weeks are going to be hard on America... Probably right.. He said a lot of stuff.. Yet I don't see anyone here or Facebook or headlines detailing a tiny slip up he made that will likely be huge in our world soon. Meanwhile.. Keep focusing on PPE that you don't really need since you are likely following the rules.

Ps. I didn't vote for Trump or anyone.

41. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I started prepping for this back When trump was claiming it was a Democrat hoax.
    I am no puppet of the media or politicians.

My masks from amazon were delivered to my home on Jan 31. Gloves shortly after that.
    My food and TP stocks were in place by the last week in Feb.

I have been on just replenishment shopping ever since.

I did just order some N95 masks from FT yesterday though as the ones I got were just basic surgical grade masks.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Rhianne likes this.
  42. kross8

Blog Posts:
    O/t.. People in China ran around licking/spitting on car handles.. Only a matter of time before our youth make their parents proud here.

43. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Vice President Mike Pence's coronavirus taskforce is now looking at the process in which the United States Agency for International Development sends medical supplies to other countries to combat the coronavirus. Politico reported Wednesday that a Trump administration official tried last week to obtain protective gear for American doctors and nurses from Thailand - only to be told that a shipment of the same supplies was en route to Bankgkok from the United States.

would be better if we had President Pence.

44. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Police shut down Hobby Lobby stores in the Midwest that reopened in defiance of coronavirus restrictions despite being declared nonessential
    • Police closed at least five Hobby Lobby locations in Wisconsin and at least one in Indiana this week for violating stay-at-home orders
    • Arts-and-crafts stores claimed they were essential businesses because they carry supplies needed to make face masks, school and office supplies
    • All Hobby Lobby locations in Ohio remained open, despite despite a stay-at-home order that was issued by Gov Mike DeWine on March 23
    • Company reportedly sent store managers talking points for 'how to respond and communicate if visited by a local authority that asks why we are open'
    • Two weeks ago, CEO David Green sent a letter saying his wife Barbara had had a heavenly vision from God telling the chain to stay open during the coronavirus

Rhianne likes this.
  45. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    No. Not sure I would push for any place to be made a glass parking lot. Though I can admit, I may at times think some people being gone would better our world.

Well, the IMF is dumping trillions upon trillions into the U.S. economy. Although, I'm rather sure that doesn't mean the U.S. will emerge all hunky dory glorious out the other side of it. No, because that money will be a tool of usury. The U.S. will be eternally buried in paying off interest.

Oh gee, we'll be given no choice but to accept any globalists governing then. But perhaps I read too much into following the money.

Also under following the money.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  46. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I think Carlin said something about just sitting back and watching the freak show.

Rob B., inspects and kross8 like this.
  47. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    The circus.

Rhianne likes this.
  48. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Oops! Sorry, I woke up really late today. Then I was invited to watch a friend “premiere” a 70’s vampire flick on YT. It’s all go, as they say. :teehee:

Rob B. likes this.
  49. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    The AF however would love to just make it a regular parking lot. Without nukes. I’m not saying I agree, I’m just quoting Airmen I’ve known.

Rob B. likes this.
  50. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I’m glad you’re on VU, brother. :hug:

Rob B. and Jinx'd like this.