1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

Corona, Politics and Bullshit

Discussion in 'U MAD BRO??' started by The Cromwell, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    People were in dire need of hobby stuff? What the hell?

Rob B., The Cromwell and kross8 like this.
  2. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Read the last line....

and I have taken the wife to ont of those stores several times they have no office supplies. Might have printer paper and ink pens or hole punches but that is truly it. And I have looked the place over killing time while waiting for the wife to finish with fabric and such.
    bought a Granddaughter some cake decorating stuff there too.

Rhianne likes this.
  3. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Oh my!! I’m speechless. :giggle:

Edit: I’ve never heard of Hobby Lobby, so who knew they were all over the Mid West.
    Plus, if more store owners have heavenly visions, more places might try to stay open.

It might be nice if some places were delivering food in NY, though. Our Chinese place was forced to close, but the guys were delivering in masks and gloves. And making no contact. Yes, I’ve got a yen for Chinese food!

Rob B. likes this.
  4. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:

yeah they will not hire anyone who does not do a vow of being a christian....
    I take the wife there for her but otherwise would not set foot in the place. There is a Michael's and JoAnns in the same town...
    Of course all are closed right now.
    Well I think the Hobby Lobby is anyway.
    If not closed today will be tomorrow as our governor is serious about this virus control thing.

kross8 and Rhianne like this.
  5. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    So are any of you noticing how much this situation is already affecting people's thinking?

In the past week I have had more idiotic questions from people at work, stuff that doesn't even make any sense. The only thing I can attribute it to is stress and distraction.

We've gotta learn to chill, seriously. It's going to be a lot harder if everybody allows themselves to freak out.

Rob B., Smigo, Rhianne and 1 other person like this.
  6. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    There WILL be freaking out and such involved as this thing is going for sure to drag on well into summer... and considering how many are borderline in the best of times.
    Just hope the already wacko SIL does not lose it.
    I have offered to take her to see her shrink and psychologist. I will just not get out of the blazer and then bring her back. Will even provide her with a mask and gloves.

Rhianne likes this.
  7. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    My therapist friend is doing almost all of her sessions by TeleMed already. Her only f2f work is with assessments, like in cases of attempted suicides or inpatient admissions. The pdocs may be doing that, too, for established patients.

Rob B., Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  8. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I suspect the same with her docs, but really do not know.

but in any case I will take her there if necessary. A trial for me as it is an hour each way and the woman will not shut up talking.
    At least she goes no where except to get groceries and such when I take her. So minimal risk of her catching the virus. I provide her with gloves and a mask for that.

Rhianne likes this.
  9. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Might be I am getting the wrong impression but to me it seems Wal-mart with its assessment testing is aiming for the "good little Christian" stereotype as well. Probably would get the same impression no matter the "employer". Would really not have to even think such a thing, rather public in America be fully secular. Whatever you want to buy in your own private time, go for it so long as you're not hurting anyone, yourself included. In public though, let us have law and humanism, equality, liberty.

I do not "get out" much. Still I'm kind of getting a chuckle out of this whole "WithMe" movement now going on. "Come watch me do a video of me crafting, join along and craft with me." "Come walk with me by video." "Watch free concerts with me."

Yes, I get the idea of "connection" via the Internet/Web being "something". But I mean damn, I knew this twenty to thirty years ago. i also realized the shortcomings of such a connection. too. it has been hinted at here on the forum. "Here let me reach through the monitor and fix your RDA for you." "Let me help your cooking by adding ingredients, or tasting the dish."

The connection is artificial, superficial at best. It is like the hollowed out polite "how you doing" to which the only response is "well, and you?" Because everyone knows you cannot actually think anyone has sincere concern, they're only making polite small talk. And there's nothing wrong in that to a point.

But to have the actual shared experience, to touch, to be "there", we need to go beyond that. And of course everyone is showing only the a side, not the b side. How made up do they get before a video? How much is prepared in advanced? And everyone is always so happy.

Which we know to be the lying cake. No one is ever happy all the time. Even the best Zen masters can only achieve being "okay" all the time. This isn't a fault, it is simply human nature. Any Ideal we come up with will be just that, an Ideal. We'll keep chasing it to no avail. Happiness is an ideal itself.

Rhianne likes this.
  10. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
  11. kross8

kross8 Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Putin has basically declared war on S/A.. he says he will take oil down to $15-25 for a decade. I believe him.. I'm fine with it. The world is about to live through what my 1991 (horrible times.. But it taught me a lot). Big part of current financial collapse is loans in oil industry.... The warning signs came in 2004 when oil companies lied about their reserves.. Bankers had to run the price of oil UP to finance dirty books...meanwhile foolish bankers decided to back MORE loans!

Rob B., inspects and Rhianne like this.
  12. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Oh lolly. That means S/A will need to drop to $10 to outsell him. They will too because they have more readily accessible stock. That means in volume they'll win. Besides that S/A has been diversifying like a mad hatter. Seems they got wise back in the '70's that the peak was inbound and started preparation. Be Hellish when they call in all the U.S. Treasury bonds what were sold to them to secure rights. Ah, hm. ...

So Capital inflated Commodity's price because Commodity had fibbed about Stock. He he. Watch it devalue in the blink of an eye. Ah, hm. Damn. Okay, I think I see what is coming down the pike. Nobody will be ready for that either. We ought to have been getting ready. And then once oil stops flowing like water, gee, that's it.

Think I'll start investing in glass, geothermal heating. At least I think I'll be looking at it rather close.

kross8 likes this.
  13. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    • The Treasury Department reversed guidance from the IRS after coming under pressure from Democrats and Republicans
    • The IRS said Monday that those receiving social security benefits who don't normally file a tax return may have to as part of the stimulus package
    • It suggested seniors and other social security beneficiaries would not receive their $1,200 relief check without filing a return
    • Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin announced this was not the case Wednesday
    • The IRS said that some people who do not normally file a tax return may still need to do so

Rhianne likes this.
  14. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Very nearly makes me glad I cleaned out my 401(k) in 2018. Didn't have a choice at the time, and have lamented it since, but I might have inadvertently cashed it in at exactly the right time.

Rob B. and The Cromwell like this.
  15. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Man, he wants the election BAD. Think I know why. 'Nuf said.

The Cromwell likes this.
  16. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Wanna bet the checks have his name on them?

17. ej1024

ej1024 VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Any VU MEMBERS tested for the CORONA VIRUS?

Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  18. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Lucy's daughter was and it was negative.

How are you doing? been a bit concerned about you working the front lines and all.

ccrules and Rhianne like this.
  19. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    After what I read about PG on the Internet this morning, I'm just gonna keep my ear to the ground and see if any of us get sick.

...since we inhale PG all day long, and all...well, many of us do...

Hell, as many staph infections as I've had, it may be the only reason I haven't had respiratory staph.

Cromwell, is this the article you referenced a while back?

https://pneumonia.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s41479-016-0001-2

What remains to be seen is whether PG is antiviral as well as antibacterial and antifungal.

20. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Nope not the one I referrenced in my thread. I honestly cannot remember the name of the thread at this moment. something about high VG vapers more likely to get virus.
    The one I referenced in that thread was about an OLD study done in the 40's or 50's? had to sealed environments with rats in each.
    Both had aerosol influenza A dispersed in them but one also had aerosolized PG fed into it.
    The rats in the non PG containment died and the one in the PG containment were fine.
    But have found not followup study info or anything as to if repeatable or how it actually worked. The PG could have just caught the virus and carried it to surfaces and caused it to not be inhaled by the rats? Or it could have somehow caused the virus to be unable to invade cells and replicate.
    Or the entire thing may be bogus or a botched test and invalid?

My improved health has been kinda the same way since I started vaping. VERY few colds and what I had were mild.
    But how much is due to PG/Vaping and how much is due to just not smoking? I have no real idea.

Rhianne, ccrules and nadalama like this.
  21. kross8

Blog Posts:
    Trump came and tweeted something about Russia & S/A kissing and making up... Newbies ran in bought oil! Tonight we ask them where they plan to store (govt actually stopped buying for a few days a few days ago-- I figure govt can wait until it drops in $15 range)

The smart move now is buying rice ($14) before it breaks out and buy lean hogs ($53+/-) before newbies discover where lunchmeat comes from.

Meanwhile Pelosi wants investigation of Trump handling of virus- translation.. Something big is happening somewhere else.

22. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Well pneumonia can be either viral or bacterial, but afaik influenza is always viral. So that's something. Of course, having general antiviral properties doesn't mean that a compound kills a specific virus. But it's worth paying attention to.

Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  23. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Pretty much my thoughts.
    But i will in now way say that PG prevents the Corona virus.
    it might but then again....

Rhianne likes this.
  24. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    *chuckles* I know you're correct but at the same time it is a little funny too.

Me & wife once got a 25 kilo bag of rice for about $11. Goodness, we had rice literally for three years. Yes, we eat on rice good but not nearly enough to have curtailed that sack quickly. We could take an acre here and build up a hog pen, raise ourselves four good hogs. We'd use two for meat, one to sell and the fourth a breeding sow to return us to four hogs next year.

I'm rather sure we could have a neighbor loan us seed for hogging if needed. If we used two for meat, we'd have enough surplus to offer them with repayments. This neighbor might also recruit for herding sheep, or other various farming work. He seems fair enough to do such, too. Of course he would even if he wasn't, his wife would put him right.

Rhianne and kross8 like this.
  25. kross8

Blog Posts:
    Trump
    Trump make tweet about Russia & S/A kissing and making up... Newbies pile into oil... Russia comes out ... What da hell Trump.. We keeping oil at $20!

Figure it was a good time for lenders to short the stocks to offset debt exposure..

These young rich millenials don't bother researching.. Getting hard facts.. Found and dumb.. But wealthy from social media & Crypto... Never learned how to protect their wealth. Smh ;)

26. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I have always felt that for secure long term investments that shiny metals were good.
    NOt as the whole thing but as a safe reserve and for long term.
    And in hand not thru some outfit that holds it for ya.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Rhianne and kross8 like this.
  27. kross8

Blog Posts:
    Gold is like religion.. It requires the next generation to have the same beliefs.

During recent crash.. Gold sold off too... But bitcoin went straight UP.

Then there are a few other problems
    1) goldbugs have poisoned their own soup over the years of promising gold would cure everything
    2) goldbugs are openly talking about dumping"bad gold" on next break out
    3) gold is likely in a generational channel of $1200-$1700... With huge risk of testing $600 if more margin on wallstreet get called in ( very likely)

4) gold stock still have to line up to basic biz math during all of this
    5) don't trust a goldbug with debt... Cheaper buy gold at the pawnshop in a few months

inspects likes this.
  28. kross8

Blog Posts:
    The market and life in general is loaded with bad advice.. Those who follow it tend to be the proud losers.

Buy and hold.. That's fine going up...but if that $$ is important to you in your retirement.. You better treat it like your only child and watch it closely. Know when to sell.. Learn to research..heck simple charts will tell to fewer people buying.

Let's pretend you are 22... Have a job making $20... That's pretty good at a young age.. Now let's suppose you suddenly find yourself in jail for 5 years.

When you get out of jail...

You will notice 5 really cool years of your life is gone.

Now you have to rebuild your life and good luck finding another good job

So you will spend years rebuilding your life just to get back to break even.. Meanwhile you are aging.

That's what buy and hold do.. Thinking they are rock stars.. Nope.. They are the janitor after the concert... And they pay the price even more so at retirement.. Because they let their beliefs and faith in others over ride simple self preservation of their retirement funds.

inspects and Rhianne like this.
  29. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Ahh 22 should have bought all the Microsoft I could.

Rhianne, ccrules and kross8 like this.
  30. ChainVapeS

ChainVapeS Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Stupid fucking neighbor. We are under a stay home order. Social distancing.
    This fuck wad has friends over. Loud music playing.
    He's been in and out of his house all morning. Must have made 5 trips to who knows where in his truck.
    Now he's having some sort of get together....wtf man. Im gonna slash his tires tonight. Teach this stupid fuck how to stay home. His wife is a nurse. She's either going to get him sick, or he's going to get her sick.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi and Rhianne like this.
  31. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I'd have to think seriously about calling the cops. Maybe they wouldn't do anything, but maybe they would.

Don't know what your state's rules are, but here LE could break it up if it was a gathering of more than 10 people. Also the people who came there from elsewhere would be breaking the "essential travel" rules, even if there aren't 10 of them.

I'm not opposed to helping someone learn how to abide by rules that make sense, if they don't have sense enough, or empathy enough, to do it on their own.

ChainVapeS, Rhianne and ccrules like this.
  32. ej1024

ej1024 VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I’m good man, FUCK THE CORONA VIRUS....

Rhianne, nadalama and The Cromwell like this.
  33. ChainVapeS

Blog Posts:
    My wife is communicating with the local sheriff office currently. We live in a rural area outside of the city police jurisdiction. Im tired of hearing his radio, tired of hearing his diesel truck running next to my bedroom window, tired of hearing and seeing him drive to the liquor store every few hours and to his pot dealer.

There's so many people in this little town I live in that are acting so stupid. One of them sadly enough is my pastor and his wife. Driving around town making a mockery of what business is essential and what travel is essential and posting this on her fb.

I wanna scream profanities and these people.

Rhianne and nadalama like this.
  34. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Stay healthy and keep up the fight.

ej1024 and Rhianne like this.
  35. kross8

Blog Posts:
    I was reading the letter and angry workers trending on Twitter last week,,z hobby lobby staging supplies for the virus,,, make masks,,, get well type ,,,, then a remark about "tightening their belts" ($$).... These people already live near poverty while the ceo has $6bil,,, i posted i thought he was greedy,,, someone else chimed in that its not greedy because he gives so much to charities... Most charities are tax shelters,,, & to tell you the truth donation to charities doesn't impress me... If you want to help someone,,, then help them,,, dont throw money at a 'company",, with staffs & expences before the recipients gets anything.

inspects, Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  36. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I wonder about his political donations....

37. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Glad you’re doing good, EJ. Be careful, bro.

ej1024 likes this.
  38. ChainVapeS

Blog Posts:
    My other neighbor, funny guy... he went outside with a home made m80. Lit it, threw it in his back yard. Scared the shit out of party boy. I then ran out, screamed WHAT THE FUCK, shot them a dirty look, threw my arms in the air...3 minutes later his party friends were speeding down the road. Party is over.
    Fuck this guy.

Rhianne likes this.
  39. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    One thing is certain there is no idiot shortage.

ej1024, ccrules and ChainVapeS like this.
  40. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Bad to worse... Does this guy even have an official position in our government?

I'm in charge of getting masks to hospitals says Jared Kushner

Jared Corey Kushner (born January 10, 1981) is an American investor, real-estate developer, and newspaper publisher who is currently senior advisor to his father-in-law, Donald Trump, the president of the United States.

Kushner had an influential role within the Trump administration in its response to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic, which included advising Trump in the first two months of the outbreak that the media was exaggerating the threat of the virus, and later on helping to draft an error-riddled Oval Office address about the crisis.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Kushner

Ohh an advisor not a doer...
    Is this legal?
    he holds no official position in our government.
    Not even undersecretary of janitors.

trump is so gonna go down.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Rhianne likes this.
  41. kross8

Blog Posts:
    Likely very conservative/ Trump,,, he is very anti-abortion

42. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    What a great problem solver of a neighbor! I hope dickhead calms down some. Stay safe, Chain. :hug:

ChainVapeS likes this.
  43. ChainVapeS

Blog Posts:
    Yeah if he throws another get together, I'm just gonna call the cops on him.
    We all need to take this seriously.
    Hope you're staying safe and healthy Rhianne

Rhianne likes this.
  44. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I’m trying! I bought a few vitamins like Zinc, which from what I hear are really helpful now. You can google it, it’s even been used to treat corona. But I think it’s a good preventative.

Yes, call the cops on him. He’s making isolation worse for everyone. :smh::sigh:

Stay well. Glad you’re hanging out! :hug:

45. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Medics have been told to leave victims who cannot be revived at the scene. One EMT worker told The New York Post: 'If they can't get a pulse back, they won't transport you.'

Rhianne likes this.
  46. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    That's basic triage. You're there to keep the living, living. The dead will tend to themselves, don't you waste time on them, save the living instead. I know that may seem morbid, tasteless, harsh, cruel. Ultimately it is not any of these. What is happens to be very humane, ethical, moral and "doing the right thing".

Another rule of that for E.M.Ts is "I will not become another patient to save a patient." Being a life saver means you keep saving lives. Difficult to do that if you forfeit your life. Besides you'll make extra work for buddies on your crew if you become a patient as well.

And not sacrificing your life for another in this case is not selfish but selfless, you need to keep saving lives. The hero that has a willingness to die for you is a coward. There's no courage to dying. Real courage is to live for you and the next ten patients needing saved. Dead is dead. Once dead there's nothing more to fear. Living brings fears each minute.

Sorry if this reads as coming over being all full of platitudes, or telling the obvious stuff you know. Many people don't comprehend what it is to be an E.M.T, medic and undoubtedly would face difficulty in the situation/s one "handles".

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    kross8 and Rhianne like this.
  47. Smigo

Smigo Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I used to get pneumonia and pluracy. For ages I could just about bank on getting one of them every winter. I was young and ultra fit too. At the time a new Pneumovac vaccine had just been released. At the time they were not sure and my doctor said this may work it may not would you like to try it? I did and have never had either since and that was I think 20 yrs ago. Anyone susceptible to either of those should really get it. I had double pneumonia twice and every breath was like a knife in my lungs.

Today on our news I saw a warning "Vapers and Smokers at high risk of complications if they get Covid" They placed us in the exact same risk category as smokers.

nadalama likes this.
  48. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I had pleurisy once when I was a teenager, in my right lung only. I agree with your description. It's horrible.

It doesn't surprise me any more the stupid stuff that's out in the public about vaping. We're at the top of somebody's shit list, and that's just the way it is. They apparently don't much care about being accurate, they just care about winning whatever fight is their cause-of-the-day.

Smigo likes this.
  49. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    IS THIS TRUE? New York Senate passed a flavor ban effective July 1? Going to Google.

ETA: All I'm finding on Google is from last Nov/Dec, when NYC banned flavors effective July 1. I do see where the state ban is in the NY budget bill.

This came in an e-mail from thezfo.com early this morning. They are located in New York state. I bet the state senate in NY has passed the bill for a statewide ban.

This bill apparently bans menthol, too.

I'm not in New York, just thinking about this as it relates to other members here.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    The Cromwell likes this.
  50. The Cromwell

Blog Posts: