1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

Corona, Politics and Bullshit

Discussion in 'U MAD BRO??' started by The Cromwell, Mar 30, 2020.

1. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Puritans don't care about facts, or what fun someone else has. They only care no one else has fun. For example I may enjoy eating crackers in bed. A puritan would admonish me and likely charge a "sin" tax. No, I'm not fond of eating crackers in bed. I can and do it sometimes but don't see it as fun. Even so I would still be charged the tax, as I've chosen to "sin". Fun fact, all sin is sin and equal to some of these kind of people. So, you get to put death for stealing a loaf of bread to save your family, or killing someone. Don't that beat all? ;) :)

2. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    If he means "ours" as in the context of the Federal government's then it still rightly belongs to the people of America. If he means "ours" in the sense of belonging to his family alone. Well, I think it may be time for pitchforks and torches, as it still rightly, ethically, morally belongs to the people of America. I do not mind America helping other nations if we've surplus and are meeting the needs of America sanely, safely. If we're not doing that then we don't need to help other nations and should not do so. This returns the E.M.T train of thought, "I will not become another patient to save a patient." Gee, seems to be that stuff called common sense to me. Yes, I know that stuff has long vanished with truth.

The Cromwell likes this.
  3. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    New data shows that nearly 4 million travelers entered the U.S. during December, January, and February when the outbreak was taking a foothold and ahead of officials' concerns.

4. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Why you should flush the toilet with the lid down: Experts warn the killer coronavirus may spread through 'aerosolized faeces'
    • Scientists claim flushing with the lid down can prevent the spread of coronavirus
    • A study in China has shown the virus is present in some patients' stool
    • 'Toilet plume' is when aerosols are stirred up by the flush and released into air

OMG farts can kill?

silent but deadly?

5. ej1024

ej1024 VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    GUESS WHAT!!!!!
    We are now allowed to wear mask in the hospital, we can even wear our own mask from home, they now worry about ASYMPTOMATIC spreading the virus?!!! WTF..... first they said, it’s DROPLET, you can’t wear mask and they had people going around the hospital telling staff YOU can’t wear mask, now...... they’re telling people to wear MASK, ITS NOT MANDATORY, BUT, they recommend IT! I’m not an expert with VIRUS ETCCCCC.... BUT I HAVE COMMON SENSE!
    Not all people with DEGREES are smart... most of these people are the dumbest people that went to school to cover up them deficiencies!!!

FLORIDA NOW (RED STATE) now has the STAY HOME ORDER....

6. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I was just watching a video of the governor of Georgia saying he just learned within the last 24 hours that asymptomatic people could spread the virus. That was in the news WEEKS AGO. Georgia has had a damn explosion of cases and their governor just let that shit keep going until yesterday.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...virus-sanjay-gupta-anderson-cooper-nr-vpx.cnn

ccrules, ej1024 and The Cromwell like this.
  7. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yep FL, TX and GA all issued the stay at home order since their leader gave them the ok to do it.
    I have some regular masks and will be wearing them on my weekly(for now) grocery trips.
    Maybe this one?

trump mask.jpg

ej1024 likes this.
  8. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    China is in a bad way. Yep they are mostly back to work but no orders since the world is pretty much shut down from the virus. so they are laying off workers.
    And it seems like they are having more breakouts of the virus as well.

Actually the world is in a bad way.

ej1024 likes this.
  9. kross8

kross8 Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    20/20..60 minutes/???? Somebody years ago did a program on this..i was quite surprised at the airborne ability of it all. Might find something on YouTube about it.

O/t I wear a microfiber buffs over my face to protect others from me as well as protect me from them. The distance I try to keep is whatever the very best cloud I could put out vaping..should be a decent simulation imho.

Govt Texas decided church was essential... Great are we trying to kill stupid???? ( my parents would go- beating my head against the wall!!!)

ccrules and ej1024 like this.
  10. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yep I expect FL to be really tragic with their high percentage of older folks.
    GA is going to be very bad as well as they already have a shortage of nurses.

11. ej1024

Blog Posts:
    You’ll get shot in KENTUCKY dude lol!

kross8 and The Cromwell like this.
  12. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Possibly and that is no joke.
    But if I also had on a MAGA hat I would be safe and esp if I had something on that said NRA.

MyMagicMist likes this.
  13. ej1024

Blog Posts:
    Like I said, the VIRUS WILL NOT KILL YOU, PEOPLE WILL!!!
    Fucking incompetent pos!

MyMagicMist likes this.
  14. ~Don~

~Don~ Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Is optometry a lost art or some shit?

Go in and brave cooties at Kaiser Bonita... bring my glasses ( new lenses - Progressives) and for the second time, they're still shit.

Focal points all wrong, causes unnatural posture (well to me at least) and I refuse the second set they made...

Asked them how hard it was to make the exact same lenses as the last time, just change the script from the current to the new script.

This is what we did for you Don!

Oh yeah, pull up the script and show me...

Sure enough not the same... If they were right, instantly I'd say, BOOM Done... for shit would be in focus

How about you take them home and try them out? NAH! Pass... once I accept them, I get one adjustment in a year... I am a firm believer in, "If they are not 100% right, they are 100% wrong, take a guess which I believe these are? The face on her was just disbelief and stun... don't give two shits, but hey... whatever.

LOL...

Maybe the third time is a charm

I mean, its the exact same lenses just different power, this can't be difficult!

Find out in 10 days again...

Do people really accept shit that isn't right just cause some yahoo says try it? All I hear when people say that is, "Take these, leave me alone, I have better shit to do"

GTFOH!

haha

ej1024 and ccrules like this.
  15. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've had better results than that ordering from Eye Buy Direct. Maybe you should try them. No way in hell I'd pay for glasses that weren't right. Some things you can compromise on a little, but not your damn glasses.

ccrules and ~Don~ like this.
  16. ~Don~

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, not settling on them not being absolutely right.

They have this chance left, otherwise I’ll just ask for a refund and cut my losses.

It’s a shame too, insurance covers pretty much everything up to $400 so I always go all out on lenses... yup add that, sure add that too, transitions... sure add that too... oh we offer this to... do it...

I mean it’s $39 lol so it’s not like it’s killing the wallet...

I like my frames and I got it from them so just new lenses every few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccrules and nadalama like this.
  17. Smigo

Smigo Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Take them home and try them out!? What an insult to the intelligence!

ccrules and ~Don~ like this.
  18. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    A time honored sales tactic. But not a medical professional tactic.

ccrules likes this.
  19. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Trump administration edits national stockpile website a day after it contradicted Jared Kushner

Kushner: The federal stockpile is ours, not the states'

website of the Strategic National Stockpile was edited on Friday to soften language about how the stockpile is supposed to be used by states -- a day after media outlets reported that the original version contradicted a claim by senior White House official Jared Kushner.

Kushner, President Donald Trump's senior adviser and son-in-law, said at Thursday's coronavirus briefing that states themselves have medical equipment stockpiled -- and argued that "the notion of the federal stockpile was it's supposed to be our stockpile; it's not supposed to be state stockpiles that they then use."
    Journalists and others quickly pointed out that the federal stockpile's own website made clear Kushner was wrong.
    As of early Friday morning, the stockpile's home page had read: "Strategic National Stockpile is the nation's largest supply of life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies for use in a public health emergency severe enough to cause local supplies to run out. When state, local, tribal, and territorial responders request federal assistance to support their response efforts, the stockpile ensures that the right medicines and supplies get to those who need them most during an emergency. Organized for scalable response to a variety of public health threats, this repository contains enough supplies to respond to multiple large-scale emergencies simultaneously."

These sentences were gone as of Friday afternoon. In their place were new sentences that emphasized that the stockpile is meant as a temporary backup for states' own supplies.

The revised page reads: "The Strategic National Stockpile's role is to supplement state and local supplies during public health emergencies. Many states have products stockpiled, as well. The supplies, medicines, and devices for life-saving care contained in the stockpile can be used as a short-term stopgap buffer when the immediate supply of adequate amounts of these materials may not be immediately available."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/politics/stockpile-website-edited-kushner-claim/index.html

20. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Why are they allowing that idiot to have anything to do with this situation? He’s blatantly unqualified. They’re “his” masks!

The Cromwell likes this.
  21. casketweaver

casketweaver Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Hey, I'm still waiting on my prescription safety glasses that I put in for... Back in October I think.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

~Don~ likes this.
  22. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Make sure you wear a mask to prevent you from passing the virus. But the mask won't prevent you from getting it. Am I missing something? Is there a one way directional lining on the outside that keeps shit in your mouth but doesn't stop shit from entering. Now people making masks out of anything they can find. Put some puppy piss pads on your face. Jesus

~Don~ and Rhianne like this.
  23. kross8

Blog Posts:
    I meant to get with you about the trillions of debt.. I'm not really worried about it.. For decades people have over invested in stocks &not enough bond exposure. The stock market is roughly $20tril. And investors need it to go Up in order to profit.. Yet they could just buy bonds and be happy to not lose anything.-basically saving cash

Somewhere along the way.. The pay ratio of the CEO and common employee got very out of whack.. Then the CEO decided buying friends was more important than keeping the company healthy with savings so they did stock buy backs & took on debt. Now we see them swimming naked.

Stock buybacks are like cheap facelifts.. The shrink the shares outstanding.. Make the stocks look like younger growth stocks... Yet the very cheapest and most honest way to do that is simply file a form with the SEC to reverse split..(about $2000 filing fee last I checked ) Take a 60 day beating on the stocks when your lame friends dump you.

Also.. These companies could/can still simply issue stock to the market to pay their debts off.. Dilute the shareholders (that's the shareholders job.. Stick with the company through thick and thin) wait a few months then reverse split the shares. Debts get paid.. Shareholders nearly returned to whole.. Growth occurs IF the CEO can navigate the new world.

As for American debt... The world looks to America for guidance/protection that's why $USD didn't fall apart on the $2tril package.

(Americans tiring of paying for other countries American benefit.. Our soldiers... we pay them with our debts..about time other nations pay their fair share.- they will when debt is zero"d

Our govt actually has tools to use and has used in the past to address this mess.

In a worst case scenario.. The entire world would do a global reset.. Zero out all/any percentage of all debts. Meaning the govt would only have to protect the small group of people who only have USD treasury debt. Just to bring them up to par status with everyone else. (Actually I think they come out far ahead over stock investors)

If we do a global reset.. It means we also have to form a global currency..
    I like crypto.. (Trump calls it digital currency) Many of them.. But I only trust the ones the digital wallet support..

Tether is extremely interesting..its a basket of USD+euro+yen... Mind boggling volume every 24 hours every day. It is NOT designed to go Up or down.. It's designed to maintain buying/purchasing power....a hell of a lot safer than gold and liquid.

Volume (24h)
    $41,830,613,081 USD

Follow the money.. I suspect down the road your $USD in checking account in converted to TETHER over night in our sleep.

I do expect bitcoin to take a beating again soon... (Not huge fan of bitcoin.. But it's a popular "index")

Etherium is very popular with those crazy Asians who pay/play some sort of game with cat 'cards'-- I had my trade stuck for 17 hours once because of them!

Litecoin I made a killing on that one.. Then Charlie Lee went on CNBC to pump. & dump his coin (he created it).. I trashed him hard on Twitter.. I was not invested in litecoin when he did that so I lost nothing... But it's not right for him to do the very same thing as stock pumper do and go to jail. -he gave crypto a bad name. He sold his entire position.. May have rebought???- it doesn't matter now.. His views are only worth the 'science' of crypto.. Which he seems to understand he must rebuild his credentials.

Ltc is $40+/- now... Soon it will be $20.., maybe even $15 if panic sets in as bitcoin appears to collapse as bankers/long investors get margin calls on the next stock market wave down.

What the casual observer doesn't know or understand... Is forking.. Halving and other mechanical events in this the ground floor of crypto.. Is creates a crashing chart of prices..not good if you are trying to sell to raise cash. It's a hugely wonderful thing/event if you are long or want in.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Jinx'd likes this.
  24. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Nepotism? what they are doing is maybe not legal since he is an advisor only and holds no official govt position.

He did after all advise his father in law to down play the virus threat and call it a hoax. Delaying govt action on fighting the virus.
    Therefore he is the logical one to control the supply of masks?

A fine swamp creature?

Rhianne likes this.
  25. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    But I bet people are going to get to the point on the streets that if you’re not wearing a mask, they’ll give you the evil eye.

Seriously, yes it’s confusing. If it can prevent it one way, why not the other? But is paper any better than a bandana?

MrMeowgi likes this.
  26. kross8

Blog Posts:
    46.8 million millionaires

There are a total of 46.8 million millionaires worldwide, according to the report, and they collectively own approximately $158.3 trillion.Oct 22, 2019

I lost track of how many where 18-25 because of social media & Crypto gains.. It's interesting to me.. "An old timer"

27. ~Don~

Blog Posts:
    I'll give my explanation on this... being its droplet passed, it reduces said radial distance said droplets can travel.

Its only a measure to slow And any prevention that can slow no matter how pedantic is better than none.

Rhianne, MrMeowgi and The Cromwell like this.
  28. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    I look at crypto-currency. That's all I do. I think it is very bad idea. Here's why.

Where is your currency without electricity?

And when the dung hits the rotary blades you can bet electricity will be hard to come by, at least on a scale required to support global crypto-currencies.

My solution? Invest in skills, knowledge. These are more difficult to "take away" from a person if they even can be. You can always trade application of skills & knowledge.

"Hey I see you have what looks to be parts here what might make a foot pedal run sewing machine. How 'bout I help you set it up and you can make and mend clothes. If I help you set it up, I'd like a new shirt."

"Hey, you're standing on a good patch of land for growing squash there. I saw some wild squash over yon. I'll take you to it, we can harvest the seed, grow you some squash to eat. I'll teach you how to do it. Once I do you'll know how to grow nearly anything else to eat, beans, corn, potatoes, tomatoes. I might like a meal or two out of your garden for teaching you."

"Look at that pond, it's got some yummy looking bass in it. I can show you how to get them to cook up and eat. I might want a meal off of it for the teaching, sound good?"

"Aw man, you need to get a fire going. Without fire you'll freeze yourself to death. Bring me some twigs, some pine needles, dry leaves. I'll show you how to make fire. For teaching you, I want to hang out here, maybe bed down and get warmed up, okay?"

All sorts of ways to apply a little skill and knowledge that can save lives, make lives better. With such skills and knowledge "making a living" doesn't need to cost much at all, a little effort, ability to communicate and share. And once you start gathering people who find the help they need you start building a community that helps one another and those coming to it. People will survive, thrive. This to me seems a valid and good definition of both success and wealth.

Because, you can always use machines but when machines cannot function you'll see why you can't love them.

People can be helped to function, can function to help themselves, help others. You can love them too. If you're lucky some of them might love you back.

2WhiteWolves likes this.
  29. kross8

Blog Posts:
    Electricity is here to stay + internet as well.

I already have those skills.. Heck I even built a to code septic system for my dog at a condo! It's been in place 6 years now.. Completely hidden underground I even added a water line.

Everyone loves my huge flower boxes....me too!

I'm a nerd... All things geeky.

ccrules and MyMagicMist like this.
  30. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Eh, I don't know. We might hope both are. Then, you have to consider two/three factors against it being so.

1. Famous last words. "It's here to remain forever!"

2. That pesky mother humping engineer named Murphy.

*3. The ever present yet ever invisible force of entropy.

Damn, that would have been a treat when we lived in the apartment. :) *chuckles*

kross8 likes this.
  31. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Major solar flare type of things could kill the internet and such for quite a while.
    of course not just crypto currency would suffer. It would pretty much shut the more 'advanced' parts of the world down.

MyMagicMist and Rhianne like this.
  32. ej1024

Blog Posts:
    I buy my frames on eBay $8.99
    Local optometrist charged me $29.99 for my prescription BOOM..... fuck the expensive brand name bullshit..... I told my sister to stop spending too much money on your eyewear, do what I do...
    So I got her the frame $7.99 prescription$49.99
    She’s very happy!!!

Rhianne and ~Don~ like this.
  33. ej1024

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]
    Don’t forget to remove your mask!!

34. ~Don~

Blog Posts:
    The frames I got 6 years ago are the ones I still use, they were covered by the $400 insurance, so total out of pocket was nothing.

Even the prescription was covered, the visit...(every two years zero pay) but knowing I can have just the lenses replaced allows me to take advantage of all the lenses available, and what had me have an out of pocket expense was just transition tint...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kross8 and The Cromwell like this.
  35. kross8

Blog Posts:
    Solar ......blue tooth.. Did you know crypto work on paper too. It's more work.. But it can be certified later...

But in reality if the world had no electricity or internet.. We would have a walking dead episode on our hands.

Only those with skills and something to offer seem to survive... No Kim Kardashian/celebrities.. No politicians (show had a couple they didn't make it) no drama queens or whiners.

MyMagicMist likes this.
  36. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    I make a an effort to not whine, well, at least not too much, if one considers complaint a form of whine. Am also learning to not make excuses, even if said excuses are me stating what the reality happens to be. Something I like, another and a final one. :)

Rhianne and kross8 like this.
  37. kross8

Blog Posts:
    I don't consider you a whiner ☺

MyMagicMist likes this.
  38. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    Engineers, tool and die makers, blacksmiths, gunsmiths, armorsmiths, etc always needed.

kross8 and MyMagicMist like this.
  39. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Wow, I’m screwed.

40. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Ohh you mean people who actually work and do productive things?
    LOL

gopher_byrd, Rhianne and MyMagicMist like this.
  41. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    I can teach building houses out of wattle and daub, how to build a kiln to fire clay tile shingles, pots. i also know other means and ways to build shelters. Also know how you'd build such a wattle & daub house to have an ondol (heated bedding floor). Can teach tracking, hunting, trapping, fishing, gardening basics. No I do not consider myself a hunter or tracker, I'm fair enough at it and that fair enough can let a person survive. I also know some about foraging.

Got a series of books called the Foxfire books what contain experiences of old time Appalachia survivors, farmers, hill people. They teach about trading mules, building log cabins, making rope beds, tending wounds. I grew up with a lot of varied sources of information on "how things were" and how people "did without but made do". Another good source of information is the Primitive Technology youtube channel.

A lot of what I "picked up" is basic survival & common sense. I can effectively teach it if someone desires to learn, desires to live and can take heed. I lose nothing to teach it, gain everything seeing another put it to use to thrive. Once you know it it's not able to be taken away. And it offers value to others as well as yourself. Doing that ensures you can survive for sure. People will offer you a meal or two, shelter, clothing because you offer value. Being able to offer value by knowledge and skills is well beyond priceless.

Rhianne likes this.
  42. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I hear that hunters and trackers of toilet paper are in demand right now.

got my Charmin tag all ready :)

NO TP IS one thing I do not not not want to go back to doing without. I remember those years in the outhouse. One good thing is that my sisters did not hog the outhouse :)

gopher_byrd, Rhianne and nadalama like this.
  43. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    That's because no one wanted to be in the outhouse. It was gross. Smart sisters. :teehee:

44. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Moss does good. *chuckles* Though I too might be a bit put off to use it over using my flush-able sanitary wipes. I can use regular TP but genuinely do have some trouble at times with it. Thus, I use the wipes that are moistened and have aloe.

Rhianne likes this.
  45. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Well shit. *chuckles* If one is built correctly and it's used proper they're not that "gross". Granted they can be colder than frog testicles in an icy pond in Winter but well if you need to go, you go. Pawpaw John had one. I helped him one Summer reset it. He had fouled out a hole and needed to move it over. He went left six feet and made another pit, we shifted the shelter of it over onto the pit.

Rhianne likes this.
  46. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    When you're a four-year-old little girl, and your face cannot help but be that close to the seat, believe me, it's gross.

47. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Uh huh, there's that. Then there's me that has never smelled a damn thing. :) Well, wife is binge watching Criminal Minds. *smh* We done seen all but the last few seasons but we started over.

The Cromwell and Rhianne like this.
  48. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    That was the point.

Rhianne likes this.
  49. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    I got the hunting and tracking down to a science. Depends on what you're hunting though. Animals usually flee randomly, so tracking blood and disturbed surroundings is fairly common. I don't think I've ever shot anything that I wasn't able to find within the hour.

Since I usually hunt with a recurve anyways, little to no noise = more food to get.

Fire a rifle or a shotgun and not only do you give away your position to other potential food, but also people.

50. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    Nah, hang around here for a bit, I'm sure someone will teach ya.

Rhianne likes this.