1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

Corona, Politics and Bullshit

Discussion in 'U MAD BRO??' started by The Cromwell, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Whoa, you can bow hunt like that. Amazing!

2. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I sure as hell hope so.

3. casketweaver

casketweaver Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Takes time, but yes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rhianne likes this.
  4. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Did you learn as a kid or something?

5. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Recurves are lovely bows. They're a lot simpler to string up than compounds for sure. Though I'm sure a compound bow archer will tell me how incorrect I am. *chuckles*

I've not hunted with a bow, although I can shoot a bow a fair piece. I'm no legendary Robin Hood or anything but I can do well enough. Tracking and searching for game is not too difficult. You also need some patience. Lots of hunting, fishing, trapping is about knowing to wait for the critter/s to come to the point you can nab them. I don't think I'd have much difficulty in hunting with a bow. I'm a fair tracker, hunter, trapper, fisher. It's simply using a different tool to do the same task. I know the tool so it's not like I'd need to learn anything further.

My uncle Buddy bow hunts. He had me shooting carp in the river using a spool with a harpoon arrow. We fished them out by shooting them with the bow. You have to lead them a bit more so than land based critters, I learned. Water deflects vision, refracts it, reflects it. You don't shoot where they are but a bit ahead of where they're going. So yep, you got to read fish minds. *chuckles*

"Wonder Twin Powers Activate!" Got your six, sis. I could teach you. You'd need to forgive my lack of patience with the Yankee charm though. I talk real s--l--o--w , not like some of the Northern folk what talk a mile a second and say all day in a minute more than I'd say in twenty years. *chuckles* But yes, I think I could teach you. :)

And I've nothing against Northern folks. What I find difficult is folks what talk all day and say nothing yet expect you to hang each word as though it were a bar of platinum. Sorry, if I want to talk it's to say something. Even then I'm a writer so I talk in typing, or scribbling stuff out. I'm glad of a computer because I'd not speak otherwise. My handwriting even to Print is atrocious, worse than surgeons.

Excuse me. Need to spit out all these eyes. *grin*

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Rhianne likes this.
  6. ej1024

ej1024 VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Are your frames made from GOLD?

Rhianne and MyMagicMist like this.
  7. ~Don~

~Don~ Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    No, but my lenses are it seems

My frames were cheap no brand at the optometry department years ago.

Plain Jane black frames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    *gasps* Say it ain't so. The readers I'm wearing atm are Plain Jane black frames, big old chunky ones. I use the Firefox control and + to bump up to 120 to 130% to read on here. Tell me where do I find this asshole that subscribed us all up for this "getting older" service? I just might want to introduce them to Mr. Swirly. :)

9. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    Neither am I. I can shoot one, I can usually hit my Target with it, but there are times I miss. Its not so easy when you dig down into the nitty gritty of it.

MyMagicMist and nadalama like this.
  10. ej1024

ej1024 VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Shit.... how bad are your eyes?

11. ~Don~

~Don~ Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Up close and intermediate is sort of bad... 2.75 and 3.25... (L/R) distance is perfect.

Without glasses... can’t see food on a plate...can’t see phone...can’t see monitor of computer (and I have a 30” monitor lol)

My current glasses work... but they are causing more strain due to script change...

Becomes a pita when I spin up coils... wrap Aliens mostly by feel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Gross for anyone. And slop pots for bitter cold time.

13. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yep. Remember those, too. I'd just as soon do without those from now on.

14. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    It's shooting a bow, completely silently, through an obstacle course, at a moving target. Hubbs been doing it for the 46 years I've been married to him. Easy, it ain't.

MyMagicMist and Rhianne like this.
  15. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
  16. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    To some. To me, it took awhile to get it right. Am I an expert? Absolutely not. I can't hit anything at 200yards or anything like that. But reasonably distanced shots I pull off with ease.

17. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Rhianne likes this.
  18. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    So if anything goes down, I’ll be on my way to WV!! :hug::hug:

MyMagicMist likes this.
  19. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
  20. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
  21. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    Yes. It's best to avoid my area.

Should society completely implode, I will likely be one of the first to go down. I'll go down with good intentions though. At least I'll rest easy knowing that.

But yeah, I'll finish modifying the items around the house beforehand though. It'll be Mad Max type of thing... LOL!

MyMagicMist likes this.
  22. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    You’re in WV, too? :huh: Anyway, I hope it doesn’t get to the point where you need to take yourself out. Although, with the crazy shit going on now, you never know.

So in the meantime, stay safe . And avoid zombie types.

23. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    No, me? Take myself out? Hardly. There's always those morons that refuse to accept order when needed. However, I'm not the oppressive tyrannical type. So I'm sure they'd be gunning for me from the start. And I'm a smart ass so...

I don't take orders unless they're lawful, but even then, sometimes I'm hesitant and I must know the who, what, when, where, why, and how's...

As for being in WV, no. I'm in the heartland of retard central. It's not NYC but it might as well be.

GOVERNOR: "Stay home if you're sick!"

PEOPLE: "THROW A HOUSE PARTY WHEN I'M SICK?!?!? SAY NO MORE!"

24. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    No he is very clear.

"No, I take no responsibility at all." --- current POTUS Donald Trump

And to the argument that government can do nothing about this, perhaps not directly. Government though can provide leadership, can set an example. Can not let states have to bid auction style for life saving products. Can know that We the People see all they do or do not do. Can realize We the People just may see this shit storm and realize government no matter the form is totally irrelevant to life, therefore holds no place with us. We the People are the power of our nation. It's time our government gets reminded of that.

Being clear, I am not inciting violence, not inciting insurrection. I am though saying We the People need to turn the system of government on it's ear. We do so by peacefully using their system against them, legally, lawfully. There's all kinds of loopholes, traps, stops, stays, holds, bureaucracy built into the system. Find those, exploit them to confound government. Make them remember they work for you. Be demanding. Be polite yet nasty. Be the fucking squeaky cog. Fuck them, they don't do their jobs.

Why else pay taxes? And yes ask them if they get uppity with you. "Who pays your paycheck? Oh, that's right part of my taxes do."

In the grander scheme, government is nothing more than "middle management". They want to fuck us the People. Sorry, doesn't play that way. They'll be stuck between us and the 0.01%. Guess who wins. Ultimately, it's more of us than the "elite".

More than welcome. :) Don't know how but we'd find y'all a place to be, get you living.

-- from that article.

I also wept as the Marines were ordered to take a bridge in the Middle East theater. My apologies for not being able to recall exact details. There's too much war, too much death. I think it was in Iraq. I am half tempted to say Fallujah, but I'm not sure that is correct. My point is clear from what recollection I do have though. I'd look in news archives but we all know how shit vanishes, that and lacking perfect recollection would make a search unlikely to return the accurate case.

This bridge was a known choke point and suicide option strategically. To even cross or approach it risked rpgs, automatic gunfire, mortars all blazing down , at you.It was well defended and from elevated positions as well. One important fact of combat your taught is you cannot defend from low ground attacks from high ground, high ground will annihilate low ground every time. But they were ordered in and with little to no real armor or support, "hold the bridge".

There was no purpose to the mission at all. Someone "official" simply wanted grunts to die. There was no crossing the bridge afterwards, no demolition of the bridge, nothing. But yet they had to hold it for a week solid. Military weeks are ten days long. This way months are averaged at three weeks. It works out better for logistics. That slightness is S.O.P and troops are used to that. Command ordering a pointless mission, just to see soldiers die? Not S.O.P. No, not at all. So, yes I wept.

Though given the Marines, I commend those who held that bridge. Semper Fi. "Just another running day!"

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    The Cromwell and Rhianne like this.
  25. casketweaver

Blog Posts:
    The Marines are usually sent in due to their ability to suppress even the largest force. A Marine fire team is enough to keep the enemy at Bay. I'd know this...

Whether or not we're killed by following orders is neither here nor there. If 1 falls, trust me, the enemy knows what follows. 11 - 12 more Marines will come knocking - and that's if they don't sent the whole platoon or company at you.

Don't be the asshole that called in the strike either... Of course, should you be the guy responsible for that Marines death, hell will follow.

Rhianne likes this.
  26. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    My bullshit alarm went off when he did not even know where it was he was talking about.
    Pathological liars often make the details of the lie a bit fuzzy to make it harder to disprove.
    He is likely remembering the "A bridge too far" movie?

27. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Hear that. At one time I think the ratio was 1 Marine to 100 enemy. I was Navy, we had S.E.AL.s (Rangers w/ combat diver and eod training) and I think they kept about as a ratio as well. Although they also claimed they would let Marines come in to let a SEAL sneak out. Grew up with an Army family. Learned it's all One Big Green Machine, so I've no issues with any branch of service. You've good and bad in any branch the same as with citizens. Plenty of respect for those who did/do serve.

ccrules likes this.
  28. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Hard to tell. I could give Reagan a pass because it was owned up he did factually have "old timer's". He never let on otherwise. But he fucking took responsibility. Granted I know Iran/Contra seemed as though he didn't. I do believe though he was "out of the loop" either due to his condition or the fact of "plausible deniability". He didn't know which hand was scratching which back. But there was recognition and disconcerting expressions, sincere too, when he learned what was happening. He asked advisors what to do.

"We'll eat the sword, sir" came back as the reply, and they did because the cluster fuck was not Reagan's. Yes, his "mice" played. He let them take the consequences too. And he led, he did his job.

Rhianne likes this.
  29. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I’ve never heard you curse, Crom.

30. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Oh I can curse with the best of them.
    I am not a goody 2 shoes snowflake type.
    A very nice person unless you mess with me.
    And since I believe in no deity I do not see cursing as a sin, To me it just usually discourteous unless of course it just suits the situation perfectly.
    And those who curse excessively to make them look tough or something fail miserably in it.

Rhianne likes this.
  31. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Everyone deserves basic respect. At least initially. I tend to treat people as they treat me and others. Respect is earned not demanded.
    This whole thing about being disrespected is bogus to me.

An no president can demand my respect, he must earn it.
    And I have no respect for that narcisstic biggoted liar in there right now.

Rhianne likes this.
  32. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
  33. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I agree. I was just joshing. :hug: I never thought about cursing as a sin. My dad would’ve hit me though, if I’d ever cursed and he heard it. :yikes:

34. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
  35. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    President Donald Trump has removed the acting inspector general for the Defense Department, Glenn Fine, from his post -- a decision that means Fine will no longer chair the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee tasked with overseeing $2 trillion in emergency coronavirus funding.

Late last month, a group of independent federal watchdogs tapped Fine, a career official, to lead the group tasked with preventing "waste, fraud, and abuse" in the use of coronavirus relief money.
    It's the most recent effort by Trump to undermine federal oversight.

and he just put his son in law in charge of disbursing supplies?

36. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
  37. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Donald Trump launches full-frontal attack on the 'China-centric' World Health Organization for getting 'every aspect of the coronavirus pandemic wrong' and threatens to FREEZE funding

So now Trump is trying to blame the Who? Whose advise and offer for testing he ignored for so long?

and his brand new press secretary is pretty much singing the old Democrat hoax song about the virus?
    Well he did need a new press secretary as the old one had never held a press briefing in their entire time there?

And his acting secretary of the navy quit?

Fired the guy who was a watchdog for fraud, etc on the virus spending.
    Just days after putting Jared in charge of virus medical supplies disbursements.

Fired the guy who squealed on him to the congress.

Trump says his daughter created 15 million jobs. Strange since only about 6.7 million jobs were created during his first 3 years in office.

All of this in a matter of a few days.

Seems like trump is going into panic mode.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  38. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    The leader of the Who and our president are a fine pair.
    both politicians, neither a doctor and neither one is any good at managing this pandemic.

Not all WHO folks are as useless as their boss though.
    and the same for politicians in the US and their boss.

ccrules likes this.
  39. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Well this is one way to make the virus numbers not look so bad so he can open his country clubs.

More than 40 coronavirus testing sites are in danger of closing after the Trump administration says it is ending federal funding for them on Friday
    • On Friday, the federal government is ending funding for coronavirus testing sites across the US
    • More than 40 of these sites in state such as Colorado and Pennsylvania are either in danger of closing or planning to close
    • An HHS spokesman said many sites won't close but are 'transitioning to state-managed sites'
    • Many models project that the peak of the coronavirus pandemic is less than a week away
    • In the US, there are more than 435,000 confirmed cases of the virus and more than 14,000 deaths

Rhianne likes this.
  40. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    STUPIDITY! Gah! Fuck!

Wife's sister had wandered off to their dad's. She was apparently fixing supper using the oven. She calls my wife and asks her to come down to watch the oven while she runs to town.

Me and wife both thought of two ways she could have solved her own problem.

1. Wait until she had whatever in the oven done and then go to town. Gee, town will still be there.

2. Cut the oven off, go to town, come back in and cut the oven on for the rest of the needed time.

But no, my wife had to go down despite not wanting go out at all today. Reminded my wife again how lucky her sister is to have not married me. Her sister would have been divorced by me before she even got married. I'd not put up with her shit. I don't care if it's "oh but she's blonde", fuck that, it's no excuse. I know several ladies and gents that are blonde but do astounding in life and it's not due to sex appeal, but rather they do the work, do what is needed and get stuff done. They don't create drama, don't act stupid.

"Okay Ben, calm down. You know your blood pressure gets out of whack."

"Aye" *deep sigh trying to 'relax' and get un-knotted*

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Rhianne likes this.
  41. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    And good he did too. It was not so much what he said to the sailors of U.S.S Theodore Roosevelt as much as how he said, tone, manner. He was reminding lifer's of their "duty and honor", being very condescending. His berating of this crew was very much a "slap in the face" to all enlisted sailors. You have no need, ever, to remind those signed on for life of their "duty and honor". Doing so is akin to walking up, looking them in eye and spitting in their face.

What he said made sense and was military sound, yes. How it was conveyed was not, nor was it even what I'd consider "civil". Then it got heard by the citizens as well, it was released to public the same as the letter the Captain of the Roosevelt's had gotten released to public. He was debasing sailors for that, criticizing their Captain and by extension them. You don't do that as an officer or CO. No, what is needed improved is only mentioned privately and securely. So yes, good he left of his accord lest he have been escorted out.

And 10 million back on unemployment in like two days? *chuckles* And it's likely the 15 million he's talking is a rough average globally and not here in the U.S.A..

It'll be worse too. Think of all free money now being tossed around liberally. Gee, what is that? Debt you say? Why yes, yes indeed that is what it is. We'll never see daylight for all the debt we'll need to pay as a nation. Oh well, we need the "free money" as we're going on fumes at best. Russia keeps threatening to drop oil to $15 per barrel, If they do forget seeing daylight, we might get lucky someone has a candle.

Apologies @The Cromwell, know you don't care for lots of political talk. I don't think of this as political but more rather "facts of life and living". It is what it will be. This is why I have adopted a "passing through" mentality, that and learning the finer points to the art of not giving a fuck. :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    ccrules and Rhianne like this.
  42. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Per all the googling I did around 6.7 million non agricultural jobs had been created in the USA from when our current president took office up till this past January.
    What he was meaning by 15 million created no one knows, certainly not him. And his daughter is an aide for chrissakes.

I recall how upset the other side got when Clowntoons first lady got involved in HC reform about her not holding an office, etc. where is that outrage about an advisor and an aide?

ccrules, Rhianne and MyMagicMist like this.
  43. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Rhianne likes this.
  44. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Hehe. I'm not going to quibble over the facts we both see "reported". We both know media skews everything anyway. Speaking of which get a load of this. HaHa! "Go, go giant Asian hornets, go!"

Rhianne likes this.
  45. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    It is also clear to me that trump is trying to minimize the number of positive test results so as to Make his case for reopening the govt appear better.

what happened to the "anyone who wants a test can get one"?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Rhianne likes this.
  46. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Hey, everyone’s “passing through” on Earth. But I like it when you come around, as you’ve been doing lately. Yay. :hugs a go go:

47. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    So the daughter is married to that shmoe that was made an Aide, and commented about ventilators being “ours”? Crikes.

48. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Those hornets are huge!! Wtf? And they kill honey bees.

MyMagicMist likes this.
  49. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Actually the schmuck is an advisor and she is an aide.
    Nepotism abounds.

Rhianne likes this.
  50. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Yep but the article comes from The Sun, which is akin to saying The Enquirer. You have look rather skewed at anything from either of these. "Do I take this seriously, or just chuckle?" After all they keep reporting Elvis sightings but no Jim Morrison sightings. So you have to wonder. :)

ccrules and Rhianne like this.