The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Clowns ?!?

Yeah, a big floppy pair of lame ass clown shoes. You came in shit posting with a suspect story which has been picked apart and appears to be total BS.

CimG

Member For 1 Year
Yeah, a big floppy pair of lame ass clown shoes. You came in shit posting with a suspect story which has been picked apart and appears to be total BS.
Are you sure about your braineye? You dont see anything bro :)

maxresdefault.jpg

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Are you sure about your braineye? You dont see anything bro :)

Yeah. 3rd eye works just fine and saw straight through your shill pirate vendor buddies BS. All of this sucks for the Turkish vapors in that they have to vape swill. It sucks for the people on VU because the scum responsible came here attempting to seek refuge.

vaporknight

Member For 1 Year
And that is one of my previous points. Black market competition.
And according to Cosmic Fog also selling non authentic ejuice as authentic.

The invoice posted earlier just shows a purchase from Cosmic Fog in October of 2017.
That is around 6 months ago.
I assume that the hubub has taken place since then?
Any purchases since then?
Purchase made that time.. shipment done nearly mid november.. arrived in february due to current strict situation and half amount was remaining till this month.. which proves also cf items are not selling well.. so I decided to sell it at a very low price to get rid of it..

As a Turkish vaper, I am so sorry that this thread is going out of its purpose. To be honest, I understand when non-Turkish vapers hear the term "illegal", but it is not in the sense imagined. It is just that the government is not strong enough to go against the tobacco cartel (The international one) and just banned the import of tobacco and tobacco-based products. Meaning that only with a cunning mind, they were planning to interpret vape products to be within the tobacco products range. Because to prevent the sales openly, will not be fair and would be seeming to much support the tobacco cartel. So vaping is not banned in Turkey, the government only uses this interpretation of the law and manipulates the scene by not letting the vape products go through the customs. If they meet someone trying to put through, they do not arrest them, they just send back the products. Because arresting will be too hard and will be very visible to be unfair.

In this case, Cosmic Fog, which is possibly directed by some Turkish wholesalers in the wrong direction, did not want to put any energy -and probably they had no proofs at all - into explaining themselves to this specific retailer but found it easier to blame him as a smuggler. A smuggler they provided products which also makes them then the producers of the drug cartel, I mean pertaining to their own statement-resembling a drug trade.

It is just that we are having a rough time to accept that Cosmic Fog manipulates our situation in order to defend their unsubstantial attitude. We already feel to be victimized by the government's actions and as a vaper i find it too bad that a vape-based company tried to manipulate it., they sound like they are supporting the ban. This is the only way a company can call a wholesaler "a drug dealer". We are not the wholesaler's crew, it is just that we would never have the chance to meet with high-end products if they had not been taking risks -they profit also but- getting products we can use. Our reaction is also fed by the situation we are in Turkey, as avaping community. We feel already doomed by the government and laws and do not surrender to accept the Cosmig Fog's attitude to call the scene an illegal drug-smuggling one.

Thank you and have a nice vape.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is just that the government is not strong enough to go against the tobacco cartel (The international one) and just banned the import of tobacco and tobacco-based products.

So the only cigarettes available in Turkey are turkish companies? Like no Marlboro or Camel or any other non turkish cigarettes available in Turkey?

Forgive me if I'm wrong and feel free to point it out. But this sounds like Cosmic fog is trying to prevent a liability issue with their products being sold in a country where vaping is illegal.

The only discrimination I'm seeing is the Turkish government against its vaping citizens.
New
I understand your point and agree with it with a point of view . You should also consider that when non-Turkish vapers hear the term "illegal", they feel negative, but it is not in the sense you non-Turkish vapers imagine. It is just that the government is not strong enough to go against the tobacco cartel (The international one) and just banned the import of tobacco and tobacco-based products. Meaning that only with a cunning mind, they were planning to interpret vape products to be within the tobacco products range. Because to prevent the sales openly, will not be fair and would be seeming to much support the tobacco cartel. So vaping is not banned in Turkey, the government only uses this interpretation of the law and manipulates the scene by not letting the vape products go through the customs. If they meet someone trying to put through, they do not arrest them, they just send back the products. Because arresting will be too hard and will be very visible to be unfair. The law does not read "vaping products", it reads tobacco-based products, and you can see this is not a fair interpretation at all. Vaping is not smoking. However, this is the brute force of the state, we try to go against but they find a way to put us into trouble. They release more power than to the trade and we will be able to get no vaping product at all. They control now the amount of the trade, in a level which will not harm tobacco sales, at least not openly.

In this case, Cosmic Fog, which is possibly directed by some Turkish wholesalers in the wrong direction, did not want to put any energy -and probably they had no proofs at all - into explaining themselves to this specific retailer but found it easier to blame him as a smuggler. A smuggler they provided products which also makes them then the producers of the drug cartel, I mean pertaining to their own statement-resembling a drug trade.

It is just that we are having a rough time to accept that Cosmic Fog manipulates our situation in order to defend their unsubstantial attitude. We already feel to be victimized by the government's actions and as a vaper i find it too bad that a vape-based company tried to manipulate it., they sound like they are supporting the ban. This is the only way a company can call a wholesaler "a drug dealer". We are not the wholesaler's crew, it is just that we would never have the chance to meet with high-end products if they had not been taking risks -they profit also but- getting products we can use. Our reaction is also fed by the situation we are in Turkey, as avaping community. We feel already doomed by the government and laws and do not surrender to accept the Cosmig Fog's attitude to call the scene an illegal drug-smuggling one.

So the only cigarettes available in Turkey are turkish companies? Like no Marlboro or Camel or any other non turkish cigarettes available in Turkey?
We do of course have the international brands but they are produced in Turkey and traded by the Turkish branch of companies like Philip Morris and JTI and so on. We all have the same main brands you have. The tobaccop-based products' import ban is again to protect the global cartel. What if someone imports a cheap alternative to Turkey? This gives chill to them. The government gets huge rates of taxes over the known companies. We are directrly being victimized within a trade.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New
I understand your point and agree with it with a point of view . You should also consider that when non-Turkish vapers hear the term "illegal", they feel negative, but it is not in the sense you non-Turkish vapers imagine. It is just that the government is not strong enough to go against the tobacco cartel (The international one) and just banned the import of tobacco and tobacco-based products. Meaning that only with a cunning mind, they were planning to interpret vape products to be within the tobacco products range. Because to prevent the sales openly, will not be fair and would be seeming to much support the tobacco cartel. So vaping is not banned in Turkey, the government only uses this interpretation of the law and manipulates the scene by not letting the vape products go through the customs. If they meet someone trying to put through, they do not arrest them, they just send back the products. Because arresting will be too hard and will be very visible to be unfair. The law does not read "vaping products", it reads tobacco-based products, and you can see this is not a fair interpretation at all. Vaping is not smoking. However, this is the brute force of the state, we try to go against but they find a way to put us into trouble. They release more power than to the trade and we will be able to get no vaping product at all. They control now the amount of the trade, in a level which will not harm tobacco sales, at least not openly.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this. No doubt you know Turkish law much better than I. :cheers:

I sincerely hope the Turkish vapers can sort this mess out in a more peaceful way with cosmic vape. Sounds like one of the problems is your Turkish competitor that also does business with cosmic vape.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
And that is one of my previous points. Black market competition.
And according to Cosmic Fog also selling non authentic ejuice as authentic.

The invoice posted earlier just shows a purchase from Cosmic Fog in October of 2017.
That is around 6 months ago.
I assume that the hubub has taken place since then?
Any purchases since then?

You are right.

He bought 1231 bottles.

I could have sold 1231 bottles on a street corner in less then 6 months.

But then again I don't know if there are 15 or 15,000 vapers in this dudes part of town.
That would make a huge difference.

I would imagine a small town vape shop that has other vape shop competition would take this long to sell 1231 bottles?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is just that the government is not strong enough to go against the tobacco cartel (The international one)

Not quite, and you're being naive if you believe this. Your government, like every other government in the world, benefits from the sale of tobacco. The amount, in a country the size of Turkey, is substantial. The gov't doesn't want to lose that money and vaping is a threat to that source, just like it is in the US. That's why it's banned. I also live in a country in exactly the same situation. On the first of this year they doubled the cost of cigarettes. Ostensibly, it's to discourage people from smoking, but we're not that stupid. I can vape and no one bothers me, but I'm not allowed to buy or sell any part of vaping kits. Of course, there is a thriving market here, just as in Turkey, because of the growing demand. Some are obviously turning a blind eye to all of the stuff coming into the country, but if the gov't decided to crack down, they could make things very difficult indeed. That being said, we are all criminals in that we are facilitating and taking part in an illegal activity, to wit, the importation of vaping kits an juices. Let's not deny the truth here.

Btw, I spent two years in Turkey, 88-90, in Rumeli Hisar, Antalya and Ankara. I left when Iraq invaded Kuwait. I loved Turkey and we had a great experience living there. I sure do miss the food.

Not quite, and you're being naive if you believe this. Your government, like every other government in the world, benefits from the sale of tobacco. The amount, in a country the size of Turkey, is substantial. The gov't doesn't want to lose that money and vaping is a threat to that source, just like it is in the US. That's why it's banned. I also live in a country in exactly the same situation. On the first of this year they doubled the cost of cigarettes. Ostensibly, it's to discourage people from smoking, but we're not that stupid. I can vape and no one bothers me, but I'm not allowed to buy or sell any part of vaping kits. Of course, there is a thriving market here, just as in Turkey, because of the growing demand. Some are obviously turning a blind eye to all of the stuff coming into the country, but if the gov't decided to crack down, they could make things very difficult indeed. That being said, we are all criminals in that we are facilitating and taking part in an illegal activity, to wit, the importation of vaping kits an juices. Let's not deny the truth here.

Btw, I spent two years in Turkey, 88-90, in Rumeli Hisar, Antalya and Ankara. I left when Iraq invaded Kuwait. I loved Turkey and we had a great experience living there. I sure do miss the food.

I never intend to tell that we are not being illegal. İt is just that our ofendedness is not being well undestood. I tried to explain the scene so you may see behind our seemingly exeggrated response to the company’s attitude. This not a free vaping company and we already fell bad as you point out. No need to call us pirates for this. Especially ehen you are trading with them. This no retailers matter at all. This all and all the company’s hypocrisy and personally my objection to that. They remind us of thr lack of support we already have and try to renind us that we should take their attitude.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never intend to tell that we are not being illegal. İt is just that our ofendedness is not being well undestood. I tried to explain the scene so you may see behind our seemingly exeggrated response to the company’s attitude. This not a free vaping company and we already fell bad as you point out. No need to call us pirates for this. Especially ehen you are trading with them. This no retailers matter at all. This all and all the company’s hypocrisy and personally my objection to that. They remind us of thr lack of support we already have and try to renind us that we should take their attitude.

I would venture to say that most on these boards do understand that you're offended. We understand why you're offended. But you're talking to mainly Americans, some Brits, Canadians and Europeans. Our cultures are different and we don't attach as much importance to being offended as you do. It's simple, we don't really care. Get over it and move on. Many of us here are older, we're not of the generation that feels offended with everything they don't agree with, which is a problem in the US at the moment. You're just pissing in the wind. I suggest you find some forums for Arabs as they share the same belief that being offended is a mortal sin. They'll be more sympathetic to you. You have noticed that no one here is being sympathetic, haven't you?

I vompletely get it but it sounds much like Jonatham Bentham’s pragmatism or utilitariabism in the lexical sense, which did not much help Americans and the others up to now. But I respect your point and take it too well. Thanks indeed.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vompletely get it but it sounds much like Jonatham Bentham’s pragmatism or utilitariabism in the lexical sense, which did not much help Americans and the others up to now. But I respect your point and take it too well. Thanks indeed.

Well, we are the descendants of Jeremy Bentham, aren't we?

Not our socity strictly, but still we rxist to a lot of your surprise :) There is a part of the world that does not share your past.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
30C32E92-88FC-4A20-8556-6D4EA8C37A33.jpeg

Just got finished reading the thread.
entertaining, but I left the theater with a sense that the story is not over......

monotom

Unlisted Vendor
"We would like to inform everyone of Vape Community in the world that we, Turkish Vapers, feel very embarrassed and got insulted by the world well-known e-liquid brand called Cosmic Fog. They have blamed one of our Turkish vaper of selling counterfeit items in Turkish market, who was already appointed an authorised distributor in Turkey. "

It took me some time to figure out that Turkish Vapers is not the accused company's name. It isn't, right?

But then this whole thing makes zero sense to me at all.

Turkish company is accused of selling counterfeit vape juice -> all Turkish vapers embarrassed and insulted!
Turkish company is accused of selling counterfeit clothing -> all Turkish people who aren't hardcore nudists embarrassed and insulted?
Turkish company is accused of selling rotten food -> all Turkish people insulted except maybe some anorectics?

And even if CF insulted you, so what? Try not giving a damn for a minute.

monotom

Unlisted Vendor
There was a reason we stopped posting here weeks ago..

So CF apologised?

I'm a sales rep for an e-liquid business trying to get a foothold in the Turkish market. In spite of efforts like developing unique flavours and adding free merch to any first order (Brand T-shirts, bumper stickers, posters, etc) we're struggling to get customers to return. This thread has been pretty informative so far, so I was hoping to reanimate the discussion.

If anyone's interested, our product line is called Fog Recep E. Use code VU25 for 25% off our signature Armenian Cognac.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So CF apologised?

I'm a sales rep for an e-liquid business trying to get a foothold in the Turkish market. In spite of efforts like developing unique flavours and adding free merch to any first order (Brand T-shirts, bumper stickers, posters, etc) we're struggling to get customers to return. This thread has been pretty informative so far, so I was hoping to reanimate the discussion.

If anyone's interested, our product line is called Fog Recep E. Use code VU25 for 25% off our signature Armenian Cognac.

Please don’t use this thread to pimp yo shit, if you want to promote a sale like this.... start a thread in the unlisted vendors section or sales and promotions section

Talk about milk your comrades cause :blah:

.......You’ll be getting a vendor badge either way now, consider this a fair warning before points are issued next time

monotom

Unlisted Vendor
Please don’t use this thread to pimp yo shit, if you want to promote a sale like this.... start a thread in the unlisted vendors section or sales and promotions section

Talk about milk your comrades cause :blah:

.......You’ll be getting a vendor badge either way now, consider this a fair warning before points are issued next time

Hahaha nice man thanks! Hey if you''d appreciate it: since my Fog Recep E merch is going slow anyway,. how about I send you a T-shirt for free? It's a pretty awesome print, nice bit of punk rock feel to them you know.

I would be happy to send you one as a token of my appreciation for giving me a free badge. You just have to be slightly careful wearing it in Turkey, especially in the more conservative parts and Istanbul and Ankara, OK?

61YDAvwuiUL._UL1500_.jpg

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
TLDR but i would like to point out that cosmic fog owner said something to the effect of selling an illegal drug in this case in turkey is vape products it is the same as a US company selling drugs in the us which nicotine is a drug just not a banned one yet. so there fore the Turkey people who are claiming Discrimination are incorrect he did not say you are Drug dealers he said selling something banned is the same as a drug dealer in the US.

personally i am done with any of these threads. so do not expect any replies from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors