Become a Patron!

costly mistakes.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finding what works and what I like is becoming not only expensive but frustrating to say the least. For example "Buys 2nd RDA" loves it better than 1st RDA great!.."Buys 6 bottles of 6mg premium ejuice" all too harsh for my liking in said RDA (had no problems with 6mg last month in previous RDA) ..Has no money to buy some 3mg for new RDA..Ok so I'm using my tank for the month.I'll admire my new RDA in the meantime..Sometimes' thinks he prefers a tank anyway.. Not really feeling any of these ejuices that I bought maybe they will be nice in a tank..LOL sorry bout the third person thing but fml I'm just having one thing after another that's making this vaping thing a pain in the ass. I'm on a fixed budget and went well over it. aand I'm not satisfied. It's a real bummer man! Thanks for letting me rant!

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rant away brother. Been in the same boat. Today this is awesome. Tomorrow it sucks. Three weeks later it's awesome again.

While it's fun, sometimes I have to step away from YouTube, get away from the computer, stop window shopping, stop over thinking it all and just vape.

We can see or hear or read about the newest big thing and our brain tells it's better than what we have and all of a sudden what was the best we've ever used is suddenly crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Finding what works and what I like is becoming not only expensive but frustrating to say the least. For example "Buys 2nd RDA" loves it better than 1st RDA great!.."Buys 6 bottles of 6mg premium ejuice" all too harsh for my liking in said RDA (had no problems with 6mg last month in previous RDA) ..Has no money to buy some 3mg for new RDA..Ok so I'm using my tank for the month.I'll admire my new RDA in the meantime..Sometimes' thinks he prefers a tank anyway.. Not really feeling any of these ejuices that I bought maybe they will be nice in a tank..LOL sorry bout the third person thing but fml I'm just having one thing after another that's making this vaping thing a pain in the ass. I'm on a fixed budget and went well over it. aand I'm not satisfied. It's a real bummer man! Thanks for letting me rant!

Sorry your having issues with your gear.
When wanting a new product you should always check what others have to say about it, whether a mod, juice, tank or RDA. And I mean real opinions like in the forum, Not from reviews from reviewers. .

Also we do have a trading post where you can trade or sell gear you do not like or want.
http://vapingunderground.com/#trading-post.140.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry your having issues with your gear.
When wanting a new product you should always check what others have to say about it, whether a mod, juice, tank or RDA. And I mean real opinions like in the forum, Not from reviews from reviewers. .

Also we do have a trading post where you can trade or sell gear you do not like or want.
http://vapingunderground.com/#trading-post.140.

Gear is awesome..ejuice problems mostly.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it all started with my ordering of 4 ejuices from a vendor I haven't used in the past. I was all excited and 3 of the 4 I tried were like razor blades to the throat. I emailed them about it..I don't know how they do it but they claim to make the juice to order..name brand stuff vapetasia,etc So Im like so i should steep it? they're no it's good to go..infuriated I'm thinking clearly not. They offered to make it 3 mg if I sent it back. I didn't respond. I'm never getting ejuice from them again so I'm like fuck it I'll just steep it for 3-4 weeks and hope for the best (praying it smooths out) if it doesn't I'll add some VG. SO im like well fuck what am I going to vape for those 3-4 weeks and got myself some naked 100 and they are actually not bad at all but again they are hittin the throat (cant stand throat hit) so I'm gonna try'em in my tank (shouldn't be harsh at all my tank vapes smooth AF) but those original juices I was complaining about was even harsh in a tank..Jeebus lol

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry to hear you're having a tough time in regards to vaping. I had quite a bit of learning to do when I first started vaping last November and finding what works for me (and what doesn't). Keep at it and you'll find out if vaping is for you. At the very least, if it's keeping you from smoking, then that's a plus!

In any case, it's good to see you on the forums. I'm glad you joined!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
it all started with my ordering of 4 ejuices from a vendor I haven't used in the past. I was all excited and 3 of the 4 I tried were like razor blades to the throat. I emailed them about it..I don't know how they do it but they claim to make the juice to order..name brand stuff vapetasia,etc So Im like so i should steep it? they're no it's good to go..infuriated I'm thinking clearly not. They offered to make it 3 mg if I sent it back. I didn't respond. I'm never getting ejuice from them again so I'm like fuck it I'll just steep it for 3-4 weeks and hope for the best (praying it smooths out) if it doesn't I'll add some VG. SO im like well fuck what am I going to vape for those 3-4 weeks and got myself some naked 100 and they are actually not bad at all but again they are hittin the throat (cant stand throat hit) so I'm gonna try'em in my tank (shouldn't be harsh at all my tank vapes smooth AF) but those original juices I was complaining about was even harsh in a tank..Jeebus lol
They may use some kind of alcohol like Everclear in the mix which gives a great throat hit.

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't stand throat hit either, so no PG for me, just pure VG, and I go for 100% natural flavors, and organic at that. Yep, it costs more, but I don't chain vape, and it's worth it to me to have no aftertastes, or anything that tastes artificial. I learned that early in my vape journey. Bonus, I never have gunked-up coils!

It took me a little longer to figure things out in terms of atomizers, but after a baker's dozen, I know what things I like, and what works for the way I like to vape.

Does that mean the spending can wind down? Um...yeah, but part of me wants to get extras/backups of my gold-standard RDA and RTA. It's hard not to when you find something that is near-perfect and gives you not just the vape you wanted, but actually exceeds your expectations.

Well wishes on your vape journey. You'll find "your vape," and hopefully sooner than later.

Cheers,
Ian

TxThumper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you may prefer a mtl setup, especially if you're coming off cigs. I've found mtl tends to tame down some harsher juices.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

This exactly. Once you start DIYing, your juice is a few pennies per ml, not 10 or 25 or 50 cents per ml, or even, god help us all, $1 per ml.

I use a LOT of flavoring -- a smidge over 25% in my ADV, and the main flavoring is one of the more expensive ones -- shisha strawberry; my DIY strawberry & cream is 6 cents per ml. I vape roughly 5ml per day in my Achilles RDA, so I'm spending approx 30 cents a day to vape. Course I also build my own coils -- $4.50 for 50ft of kanthal, which 50ft lasts me about 2 yrs. And that shiseido cotton for the wicks, that was about $9 for a GI-NORMOUS pkg, which I bought almost 2 yrs ago... and still have about 7/8 of the pkg.

Costly? How much are cigarettes where you live? They're roughly $6/pk here, and GA has some of the cheapest smokes in the country -- lots of places, they cost 50%-100% more.

PERSPECTIVE.

Andria

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DIY juice has been one of my best ventures! The start up cost was the same as 2 weeks worth of juice & I was able to figure out what I liked & what I didn't. Since then it has been WAY cheaper than buying juice. Plus I get to tweek all my juices to MY taste! I even found an old bottle of my favorite Pre-made juice & discovered it was absolute crap compared to even my most mediocre batch (but better than my worst ). & I have really enjoyed mixing!

Also, I have discovered that I enjoy some juices in certain tanks while I enjoy other juices in other tanks. So, depending on the flavors I plan to vape that day, I carry certain tanks.

Forgive the crappy writing of this post, I've had a few drinks tonight.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the wonderful world of vapin.......I've tried alot of gear and alot of vaping styles..after years I've settled on about 3 or 4 attys, and after starting to DIY my own juice now for about a year and a half... I can't think of any reason why I would ever buy another bottle of juice again,....as for buying gear....I've seen maybe 2 attys in the last couple of years I'd consider buying....eventually you find a vape that really works for you....then you start selling stuff off.....for me as well finding a juice, or juices you like is a hard nut to crack..I had to DIY my own juice, my tatstes were 180 degrees from what was being made.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's definitely a process. Taste being subjective for just about every juice out there someone loves, another hates. No one can tell you really what juice to try, they may think it tastes awesome and you still may not like it. Try to check places with sample packs if you're on a budget, some places have them and some don't. Many have smaller inexpensive 10ml bottles to try stuff out so you don't sink a ton of money into one big bottle of something that turns out to be yuck. Some more affordable places off the top of my head, vapewild, vapemoar, mount baker vapor, verde valley vapes, the sauce la. 90% of what I vape is from vapewild, I like their juice others may not. A lot of people like verde valley, I didn't care for their stuff so much.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Um...yeah, but part of me wants to get extras/backups of my gold-standard RDA and RTA. It's hard not to when you find something that is near-perfect and gives you not just the vape you wanted, but actually exceeds your expectations.

I think exactly the same. I want to get at least 3 more Battlestars.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's definitely a process. Taste being subjective for just about every juice out there someone loves, another hates. No one can tell you really what juice to try, they may think it tastes awesome and you still may not like it. Try to check places with sample packs if you're on a budget, some places have them and some don't. Many have smaller inexpensive 10ml bottles to try stuff out so you don't sink a ton of money into one big bottle of something that turns out to be yuck. Some more affordable places off the top of my head, vapewild, vapemoar, mount baker vapor, verde valley vapes,
It's definitely a process. Taste being subjective for just about every juice out there someone loves, another hates. No one can tell you really what juice to try, they may think it tastes awesome and you still may not like it. Try to check places with sample packs if you're on a budget, some places have them and some don't. Many have smaller inexpensive 10ml bottles to try stuff out so you don't sink a ton of money into one big bottle of something that turns out to be yuck. Some more affordable places off the top of my head, vapewild, vapemoar, mount baker vapor, verde valley vapes, the sauce la. 90% of what I vape is from vapewild, I like their juice others may not. A lot of people like verde valley, I didn't care for their stuff so much.

Lately I have found Jam Monster 100 ml online for 19.99, from Breazy and some others. Cheap enough that I get one at 3 nic and another at 6, mixing together for the 4.5 i prefer in most cases.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I find that 6mg of nic in an RDA is typically always way too harsh for me. Dripping just a few drops of 0mg right on top of the coils immediately tames it... doesn't even have to be the same flavor or anything, just a flavor that gels well together with the other one... if you throw Beard Vape Co. sweet tobaccocino and Wootie's Le Zat Nouveau together in an RDA, it tastes like the worst crap imaginable─and it actually even curdles... not going to say I tried, but I tried. :blech:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm gonna chime in with the DIY people. I did the commercial juice thing for the first 6-9 months of my vaping journey. Found about 50% of the juices I bought I didn't like. The other 50% were ok and just a few I would reorder. That's when the DIY kicked in. Initial investment was hard, but now I have enough stuff to make gallons of juice with any flavor I can imagine.....and ones other people imagine! The DIY thread is amazing here....lots of people with great ideas and all the help you need.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have vaped for 8 years, & I didn't discover my ideal setup till this year. Once you find what works stick to your guns an build a stash of spare tanks & mods.
If you keep trying different things it'll get expensive

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

DIY is your likely solution. Adjusting nic content and PG/VG affects throat hit. Also, some flavors amplify the throat hit (e.g., certain fruit flavors).

Since you're from Canada, vapetime.ca has pre-mixed 'stones' that can ease you into DIYing ... just add four parts (nic + PG/VG diluents) to one part stone. Or, you can get into full DIY kits ... see this sticky for Canadian DIY suppliers ...

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/diy-in-canada-where-do-i-go.151290/

VU Sponsors