Become a Patron!

COTININE TEST FOR LIFE INSURANCE

Hello all,I am a newbie so please be gentle
New to the forum.
I do not know exactly when but fairly soon, I will have either a blood or urine test for Cotinine for my life insurance. I am dead if i do not pass. I have not smoked an analog in at least five years. I was a heavy vaporer for that time 16 or 24 2-4 times a day. for the past year, I have been vaping three or four JAK disposables a day. I quit for about two weeks in early January. I then started again but vaping maybe one JAK a day or less. I sincerly hope this will be my motivation to quit nicotine for good. However, I was wondering a few things:

1. How long after all the doctor's paper work is in does a life insurance company want the exam?
2. What should I do to get it out of my system as fast as possible ( I will not be vaping?) and how many days should i wait?
3. Did any of you go through these types of tests? what did you do and what were the results?

Note: (and I mean no ill-will in this next comment: I have read other post dealing with this issue so i just wanted more feed back. Additionally, I know how unfair and ignorant it is that we have to be put in the same category as smokers and that these tests and companies are unfair, my post is about the above issues, no need to have the political and social discussion on this. We are all brothers and sisters and have a uniform opinion on these issues. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Hello all,I am a newbie so please be gentle
New to the forum.
I do not know exactly when but fairly soon, I will have either a blood or urine test for Cotinine for my life insurance. I am dead if i do not pass. I have not smoked an analog in at least five years. I was a heavy vaporer for that time 16 or 24 2-4 times a day. for the past year, I have been vaping three or four JAK disposables a day. I quit for about two weeks in early January. I then started again but vaping maybe one JAK a day or less. I sincerly hope this will be my motivation to quit nicotine for good. However, I was wondering a few things:

1. How long after all the doctor's paper work is in does a life insurance company want the exam?
2. What should I do to get it out of my system as fast as possible ( I will not be vaping?) and how many days should i wait?
3. Did any of you go through these types of tests? what did you do and what were the results?

Note: (and I mean no ill-will in this next comment: I have read other post dealing with this issue so i just wanted more feed back. Additionally, I know how unfair and ignorant it is that we have to be put in the same category as smokers and that these tests and companies are unfair, my post is about the above issues, no need to have the political and social discussion on this. We are all brothers and sisters and have a uniform opinion on these issues. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thread should be enough for this question , welcome to VU, Hope you get the answers your looking for.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Water, water, and more water.
Sweat and more water.
And when you get sick of water drink some more.
Why I think those tests are a bunch of bullshit is eggplants, tomatoes and taters can elevate that or being around smokers.
7-10 days nic free. Sorry I could not do it, there were be a sharp spike in homicide rates.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Detection times vary. As with any other toxin/drug many factors play a role. Metabolism, size, hydration, etc. I'm 'almost' certain it'll be a urine test and detection times in urine will last longer than detection times in blood. A blood test you're looking at 10 days to be safe, almost double that for nicotine metabolites to clear your urine.
Since this isn't for 'legal' reasons you may be good to dilute the sample if you're unsure, drink enough water before the test until your urine runs clear and don't give the first urine of the day as this will be the most concentrated.

Thank you all! keep them coming! I did purchase the kits the register below 200 in urine. they are supposed to be the same ones that most of the labs use.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Before I departed ECF, a guy there was doing a test, using the urine test strips; he was also a very light vaper, and he found it took about 13 days. I expect it'll be slightly diff for everyone, since it depends a great deal on the speed of metabolism, but I'd guess 10-14 days.

Andria

Thank you very much. I have read the thread before and it helps a ton! I just wanted to know from more vapers. It seems a lot of people tell their story with no results

Not sure of your reasons, but a word of caution. If you are doing this to pass as a "non-smoker" on your application so that your life insurance rates are lower, you might want to think twice. Your application is part of the contract with the insurance company, so any falsehood on the application can be considered a breach of contract (and we know that if anyone will do whatever it takes to get out of paying someone, it's insurance companies). If something happens (god forbid) and you die, the insurance company can deny the claim. There is a "incontestable clause" in most life insurance policies that says if you die within 2 years of the policy and they find out you lied on your application about smoking, the insurance company can rescind your policy completely. Even after the 2 years, the insurance company can deny your family's claim and after a long court battle may settle to pay-out the amount based on the premiums of a smoker (much lower pay-out). Passing the initial blood/urine test is not good enough in court. They can (and will) subpoena your credit card records (orders for vape/e-juice/supplies), friends, coworkers, social media, posts on here, etc. My nephew sold life insurance for several years and I've seen this happen (which is why he got out of the business). I guess the bottom line is it worth risking your family's financial security over saving a few bucks on your premium.

VU Sponsors