Become a Patron!

Cotton burns while juiced

I recently made my 2nd pair of Dual Parallel Coils(8 wraps of 24g @ 0.18 ohms) because i loved my first pair so much, but this time around my cotton burned within 2 hours.

I wouldn't say that I'm new to building but this has never happened to me with any coil, but with these it happened twice.

It could also be the new juice i was trying, but i couldn't come up with a solid explanation because I've ran these coils before with no problem.

Also please note that these are not dry hits, i am getting flavor with each hit but after about an hour i could see the blackness of the coil and taste the burn.

Thanks in advance <3

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I recently made my 2nd pair of Dual Parallel Coils(8 wraps of 24g @ 0.18 ohms) because i loved my first pair so much, but this time around my cotton burned within 2 hours.

I wouldn't say that I'm new to building but this has never happened to me with any coil, but with these it happened twice.

It could also be the new juice i was trying, but i couldn't come up with a solid explanation because I've ran these coils before with no problem.

Also please note that these are not dry hits, i am getting flavor with each hit but after about an hour i could see the blackness of the coil and taste the burn.

Thanks in advance <3

You didn't say what kind of juice, mod, mode or wicking material you are using

But typically, if your cotton is burning quickly, it is because the coil is overly wicked, making it compressed and unable to saturate correctly

Another cause is the wattage is just too high if you are using a regulated mod

Sorry for the lack of information given. I'm using the Smoant Charon (Regulated) with locally blended juice at 70/30, my wick is a swill roll of organic Japanese cotton.

Thanks for the help though, I didn't know over saturation could do that, i don't believe its a hot spot so ill re-wick and try again.

Thank you guys <3

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also overly sweetened e-Liquids can cause burned cotton. Caramelized sugar is a bitch like Lucy.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
How big is the inside diameter of the coils you are using?

VU Sponsors