Become a Patron!

Cotton Candy Rig V2 question

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey all,

I picked one up from a buddy of mine for $100. Not a bad deal IMO, anyways, there's no ventilation anywhere, so is it safe to use daily? I just don't want a fireball in my face :giggle:

There isn't a vent on the rig I double checked mine, it could be part of the switch but I doubt it. practice good battery safety and know your coil building and you shouldn't have an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
That is a hybrid 510 I believe? (no floating pin, so atty sits right on the + of the battery?)
Be VERY CAUTIOUS about your 510 pin on your tanks and attys being long enough so that it does not cause a hard short. That is an instant thermal run waiting to happen.

To be honest, you would do much better with a decent regulated mod, both for cloud and flavor.
I googled the info, so if your mod does have the floating 510 non-hybrid connector, you should be fine if you don't try to build crazy low and use good brand name batteries.. Samsung, Sony, LG. High Drain high amp (20-30A) batteries. These brands tend to vent when they over heat compared to cheaper brands which blow up nearly instantly.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The lack of vents in the mod is quite concerning though. Making it a pipe bomb if the battery vents to quickly.

VU Sponsors