Become a Patron!

Cotton changes

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just curious how long you go between cotton changes on your rda.

I know this is juice dependent if it has more or less sugars. But in general what is your average between changes. Also do you change the wire every time or clean it a few times then change it. And last do you think higher nic juice is any harder than lower nic

Thanks
Mreeveshp

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Troy Brown

Member For 4 Years
I switch out my cotton about every 4 or 5 days. Since I use about 4 flavors during the day, I have 4 mods in use that I do that to. During that time, I clean the coils before installing the new cotton. So, it can be a time consuming 1 or 2 hours when I do this procedure.
I usually get about a month out of the coils before I have to put new ones in. So that is a task I leave for a Saturday afternoon while watching TV.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I change my wicks out usually every 2-3 days but I also change out flavors back and forth on rta's. Rda's it's not quite as bad, maybe 3-4 days. Either way it's cheap so not bothered by wick swaps.

For the coil, I pulse/dry fire and rinse with water, pulse again to dry it and rewick. Unless I'm trying out a new coil build or something I leave my actual coils in and reuse them, last one I used daily lasted me 3mo. Coils are cheap when building them myself but so long as it's working well I figure why waste it.

Haven't noticed any difference in nicotine levels on coils or wicks, mostly to do with the sweetness of the juice. Sweeter juices tend to caramelize and gunk up on the coil, even though the wick is fine if the coil is gunked it tastes nasty to me so I yank the wick to clean the coil.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
About 3 days on average... a few days longer if I'm using a staple staggered fused clapton build.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I only rewick once every week or two since starting diy, I usually have 3-5 setups going daily. When using commercial juices every 2-3 dats and I dry burn and brush coils every time I change wicks. Even if doing all of them at once only takes about 30 minutes.

VU Sponsors