Become a Patron!

Cotton splits in middle!?

flynncrem

Member For 1 Year
this keeps happening even after a short time (less than a day of not even heavy use) why?!!
I use cotton Bacon v2 and use Scottish roll method as it means more drags before dripping (oh yeh I use a voopoo demon rda) and fluff up the sides and all and the legs are saturated and fat but the cotton actually inside the coil looks skinny and I have to drip even when the cotton legs are wet af

flynncrem

Member For 1 Year
This photo was taken just after a dry hit and notice how wet the cotton is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    826.9 KB · Views: 24

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you sure there are no hot spots in the coil?....which can burn the wick quickly.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think you have enough cotton in there. The wicking can't keep up and it's burning the cotton inside the coil.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
That's why I switched to kendo. Cb2 is for me the most frustrating cotton, takes ages to break in , falls apart very quickly, need much more changes and doesn't keep saturated enough to actual give good flavor. Maybe when using 70/30s or lower, but that's not what I use lol.

Now I'm not saying switch, but maybe you got a bad/fake pack of cotton. If you have more packs try these and see if it makes a difference.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use rayon...no problems with wick burning in the center.

flynncrem

Member For 1 Year
That's why I switched to kendo. Cb2 is for me the most frustrating cotton, takes ages to break in , falls apart very quickly, need much more changes and doesn't keep saturated enough to actual give good flavor. Maybe when using 70/30s or lower, but that's not what I use lol.

Now I'm not saying switch, but maybe you got a bad/fake pack of cotton. If you have more packs try these and see if it makes a difference.
I might use FUZZ next

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always been told too much cotton will cause cotton to break inside the coil. I assume that is what you mean by split. Cotton wicks should be able to move back and forth easily. I use the graham beauty coils and yes it sometimes breaks but at $5 for enough cotton to wick 120 3mm coils I could rewick every day and doesn't take much break in

flynncrem

Member For 1 Year
I've always been told too much cotton will cause cotton to break inside the coil. I assume that is what you mean by split. Cotton wicks should be able to move back and forth easily. I use the graham beauty coils and yes it sometimes breaks but at $5 for enough cotton to wick 120 3mm coils I could rewick every day and doesn't take much break in
Yeh I make sure I can move it but it splits still...is a hotspot where the coil goes black because I make sure the coil glows inside out but it might glow inside a bit too much if you know what I mean like start on one coil strand then the 3 then 5

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too much wattage?

coil is running hot.
Could be cotton not right,
Airflow not just right.
Wattage?

coils always run hotter in the middle so if an issue they will burn the cotton apart there.

VU Sponsors