Become a Patron!

Cotton

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Koh Gen Do. Because I watched a video of it tested against other wicks and it won hands down. Also because when I ordered 1 packet straight from Japan they sent me 2 packages out a week apart.
A nice turn up for a skint week and double the goodies they sent along with the cotton :) maybe that sways my decision somewhat but it was a brilliant turn up. 2 years on and I've still got half a bag. That's with all the builds I've done that haven't worked out right or extra builds I've done for friends.
Great quality too. Hardly a bad piece among them. All strands face the same way making it easy to work with. Just top cotton in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is. It's just an untainted form of cotton. At the very least I've never tasted a horrible taste, unless I have ballsed something up like heating the cotton before juice has been squirted (ooh err) on the cotton. Usually know before vaping it that's the case, as the cotton falls to bits between the coil.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Cotton Bacon A+

Very easy to work with, very fast break in period

Many report no taste at all, but I'm a super-taster and can taste it first dozen or so puffs

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been using the KGD and like it but recently ordered the Cotton Bacon so I can see what the fuss is about... I'm open-minded lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cotton Bacon A+

Very easy to work with, very fast break in period

Many report no taste at all, but I'm a super-taster and can taste it first dozen or so puffs
I have exactly the same results with Salon Coil Cotton.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatever is in the bag that came from Walmart.....

Cotton is cotton, too me, so plain old balls do fine......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cotton bacon. No taste and it's easier for me to wick with it. Plus, I got two bags for like 8 dollars on Amazon prime a while back. I'm still on the first bag.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatever is in the bag that came from Walmart.....

Cotton is cotton, too me, so plain old balls do fine......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
This from Sally Beauty supply is better.
rope like cotton bacon less trouble and VERY short break in. And only $4 or so for 45 feet.
I have used maybe 2/3 of a box in 2 years.

salon coil.jpg

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use Koh Gen Do.

MaxUT

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cromwell, that Salon Coil looks very interesting... might try it since there's a Sally Beauty supply just down the street from me
I bought a box of CelluCotton 44060 from there last year. It's okay, being rayon it's a bit different to use from my usual KGD cotton, but doubt I'll ever get through the whole 500 ft. of it. 1/3 of a cent per wick tho, that's cheap!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cromwell, that Salon Coil looks very interesting... might try it since there's a Sally Beauty supply just down the street from me
I bought a box of CelluCotton 44060 from there last year. It's okay, being rayon it's a bit different to use from my usual KGD cotton, but doubt I'll ever get through the whole 500 ft. of it. 1/3 of a cent per wick tho, that's cheap!
Cheap enough to try. the Salon coil is 40 ft I think and will last me nearly 3 years. Over 2 years now and still quite a bit left.

I like it better than KGD. bought some of that from Amazon and wound up giving it to the wife to use for what it was made for. Makeup stuff.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I normally use cotton bacon but recently ordered a massive bag of muji off Amazon for less than $10. It will be a long time before I buy any cotton again.

BaronVonEyePoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cheap enough to try. the Salon coil is 40 ft I think and will last me nearly 3 years. Over 2 years now and still quite a bit left.

I like it better than KGD. bought some of that from Amazon and wound up giving it to the wife to use for what it was made for. Makeup stuff.
Yea I bought a box of that stuff too, it was like 44ft for like $4 lol. It's actually pretty damn good too. In my experience it wicks really quick and the break in period is minimal. I usually just drip juice onto the coil after I wick it and blow it off for a second and then re-drip again and it's broke in. Totally worth the money and great for any vaper on a budget

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors