Become a Patron!

coughing question

Greetings fellow vapers;
I have been vaping for 2 months now, have had problems with mods and such, but got that all worked out for now. I quit the sticks (cigarettes) 4 days ago, after tapering off and was down to a half a stick after dinner. I have been using 12 mg during the day in my Smok V8 stick and 9 mg in my Eleaf stick pico with 43 watts tank in the evenings. Yesterday I was coughing more than usual and can't seem to be able to shake the cough. Not sure what I am doing wrong or what I can do different, any thoughts?
thanks

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been told it's normal to cough a bit once you quit the cigs and start getting used to vaping alone.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are going to cough as your lungs heal. There's nothing you can do. My husband too those cough pills (over the counter robitussin I think).

I know it's irritating but you have to remember youve been putting tar and smoke I them for quite a while. They want to get rid of all that crap for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
As everyone else has said ITS NORMAL. You may also get a flu/cold type thing in the next 30-60 days as well, this also is normal and part of your body's healing process

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
12mg nic in a sub ohm tank is a bit much. I think that's why you might be coughing if you only cough during vaping. I'd step down as Whiskey said in nic, or if you want, change to another atomizer, not so much a power hungry direct lung tank like a sub ohm tank; I only 12mg nic a mouth to lung, but that was me. Hope you find your cure. :)

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh and congrats on quitting the cancer sticks!!

That is a huge achievement! Now you just have to wait for your lungs to catch up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Drink more water. I keep a glass in the bathroom beside the sink. PG absorbs water so you need to replace it. And grats on kicking the cigs. Don't look back. PLUS.. you quit cigs, so your lungs are trying to clear as much crud as they can. Good news is, the lungs start repairing themselves within 24 hours of quitting. (if i remember right) Within 48 hours you should notice you are breathing better and your wife has started bringing a baseball bat to bed with her.... "It's 3am for God sake. Go to sleep... WHACK!"

VU Sponsors