Become a Patron!

Could someone recommend me a regulated squonker?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, hope you are OK.

I want to get myself a squonker, and have been looking online at them. I understand you need bottom fed atties, but I can get a 60W TC regulated one including a dripper for around £30 from China!

They are lesser known brands, so I am just going by looks alone at the moment, but this one looks interesting to me:http://focalecig.com/Product/Kangxin-Inoy-TC-60W-Squonker-SetBlack-30055

It includes the regulated squonk mod, the bottom fed atty, all I need to do is coil it, juice up, and I am away.

I will probably also get myself a Mech Squonk box at one point, but at the moment I would like a regulated one, I do like mechs but I like the smoothness of regulated mods, the battery bar, and just find them simpler safety wise.

So, if anyone knows of anything better, please let me know, as I don't mind paying more, but if this is about the best I am going to get, I will get that as this months monthly mod.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck dude, this is by far the hardest purchase I am trying to make at this very moment. I have been scouring the net looking for something good. It's really hard to find one that is regulated and doesn't cost 500 bucks. The tmod customs new one with the sx350 chip looks great but coming in over 5 hundo it's just too damn much.

Steamcrave has a 60 watter that just came out but I'm questioning the quality of it.

I have been combing the highendmods website in the sqounking section lately and it's pretty crazy.

Reo mods look great but they are mechanical and I'm wanting regulated:)

I started a thread on it too and it just doesn't seem to get much love, I just don't think sqounking has taken off yet as much as everything else.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media

I want to get myself a squonker, and have been looking online at them. I understand you need bottom fed atties, but I can get a 60W TC regulated one including a dripper for around £30 from China!

They are lesser known brands, so I am just going by looks alone at the moment, but this one looks interesting to me:http://focalecig.com/Product/Kangxin-Inoy-TC-60W-Squonker-SetBlack-30055

It includes the regulated squonk mod, the bottom fed atty, all I need to do is coil it, juice up, and I am away.

I will probably also get myself a Mech Squonk box at one point, but at the moment I would like a regulated one, I do like mechs but I like the smoothness of regulated mods, the battery bar, and just find them simpler safety wise.

So, if anyone knows of anything better, please let me know, as I don't mind paying more, but if this is about the best I am going to get, I will get that as this months monthly mod.
Well, I can't speak for the mod, but I can say that focalecig has excellent customer support. My only experience with Kangxin chips is the KX-50D, It worked great for 2 months then failed. I'm on my second one now (warranty replacement), and we will see how it goes. My concern with that mod would be chip failure, although I might be an isolated case in that regard. Good Luck, HTH!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I can't speak for the mod, but I can say that focalecig has excellent customer support. My only experience with Kangxin chips is the KX-50D, It worked great for 2 months then failed. I'm on my second one now (warranty replacement), and we will see how it goes. My concern with that mod would be chip failure, although I might be an isolated case in that regard. Good Luck, HTH!
Ahh, I was a bit worried about the chipset, but hopefully it was an isolated case.

As its not a super expensive mod, I think I will probably go for it as mod of the month.

Only thing is, I will only have 1 dripper to use on it, the one that comes with it. I will order another bottom fed RDA at the same time.

I have a Mech coming from focalecig, a TUGBOAT mod and RDA that cost FIVE POUNDS! it is now back up to its regular price, here is the one I ordered http://focalecig.com/Product/Tugboat-StyleMechanical-Mod-wRDA-AtomizerGreen-Dots-29995.

Its a hybrid top cap, so I will only be able to use devices I can adjust the screw out of yeah? I heard 2MM is ideal, am I right in thinking so?

I also ordered this mech the same day, complete copper, engraved, and I think beautiful:https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011999/2049504-angel-style-18650-mechanical-mod

Even engraved on the fire button.

But I think I will get this squonker, it seems to offer all the merits of dripping without having to constantly open the dripper and redrip, you just press the side to juice it up.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know nothing about the squonker you are looking at,but i can tell you one thing for sure .the atty that comes with it needs to be trashed immediately !!!
the air flow comes in through the bottom,every time you squonk there will be juice pouring out the air hole

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know nothing about the squonker you are looking at,but i can tell you one thing for sure .the atty that comes with it needs to be trashed immediately !!!
the air flow comes in through the bottom,every time you squonk there will be juice pouring out the air hole
are you a squonker Ex...I need some advice on squonking...after years of gennys I want to try out squonking...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am indeed a squonker
I like to vape alot of NET juices and they just trash builds...I was thinking of squonking them because it is easier to pell wicks and dry burn.....but I wanted to get a cheap squonk box...regulated would be nice but not a deal breaker and good(for flavor good) atty maybe 18 or 16 mm.suggestions

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Conan,
I thought I had seen a 60watt Vaporflask Squonker on Fasttech very recently, but I can't seem to find it now.

blink.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had to look up what Squonking is ....very interesting. Learn something new on here everyday.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to look up what Squonking is ....very interesting. Learn something new on here everyday.
I only found out about it myself a few weeks ago myself mate, so your not alone :).

40 watts anyway...
Ahh thats a shame, I think I will go for the 60 as for some builds 50-60 watts will be perfect, 40 watts will be a little too low I think. I will check it out though, do you know what chip it runs by any chance?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
40 watts anyway...
Do you have a link? I can't seem to find it. Thinking as its single battery 40 watts may be enough, as the battery won't last too long at near maximum wattage, so was thinking instead of duals I could run a single coil and still get a nice vape from it.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I only found out about it myself a few weeks ago myself mate, so your not alone :).

Ahh thats a shame, I think I will go for the 60 as for some builds 50-60 watts will be perfect, 40 watts will be a little too low I think. I will check it out though, do you know what chip it runs by any chance?
Here is the link to the 40w Waidea chipset version on focalecig. http://focalecig.com/Product/VF-Squ...Variable-Wattage-Box-Mod-by-WaideaBlack-28972

Here is a link to another 40w version as well, unknown chipset, possibly Yiloong or Kangxin (just guessing based on the look of the 510 connector). http://focalecig.com/Product/VF-Squ...tectionVariable-Wattage-VW-Box-ModBlack-28616

Personally, I would recommend the Waidea variant on it if you decide 40w will work. I have the "standard" Waidea VF Clone, the build quality is really good, and performance seems to be spot on.

HTH

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@pulsevape here are 2 units ,i've heard good about the geyscano one,but nothing of the other,cheaper one

as far as an atty that small ?? cyclone is about the only one that fits into that size category

http://www.angelcigs.com/bottom-feeder-mod.html

this one is so cheap i just may get adventurous and try it out

http://www.angelcigs.com/s-body-style-variable-voltage-box-mod-silver.html
I really like the looks of the authentic s-ca3 ... if I ever get into squonking, I may go for something like this!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wanna follow the thread, been wanting something like this but I'm not dropping 500$ on a mod.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is the link to the 40w Waidea chipset version on focalecig. http://focalecig.com/Product/VF-Squ...Variable-Wattage-Box-Mod-by-WaideaBlack-28972

Here is a link to another 40w version as well, unknown chipset, possibly Yiloong or Kangxin (just guessing based on the look of the 510 connector). http://focalecig.com/Product/VF-Squ...tectionVariable-Wattage-VW-Box-ModBlack-28616

Personally, I would recommend the Waidea variant on it if you decide 40w will work. I have the "standard" Waidea VF Clone, the build quality is really good, and performance seems to be spot on.

HTH
Hmm, I am wondering if 40 Watts will be enough for great flavour on a dripper, I guess it would have to be single coil builds at 20-30 watts.

I'm not going to lie, I have not heard of Wadea, but notice it says on the mod EVOLV DNA 40, is it really a DNA chip or just says that?

I don't know wether to go for the cheap 60 watt version, or the dearer 40 watt version. It will be this months mod of the month though, so guess I will get one of them.

http://m.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_218017.html

I don't know anything about it though Co-man. Good luck
Ahh what a donut I am. I saw these myself, I didn't realise they looked like flasks, hence vapour flask duh :).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So its actually not much more expensive, only 10 dollars more, but 20 watts less.

The thing is, I probably will use the device mostly at 20-30 watts anyway for flavour, only use duals when I want lots of vapour.

As this is not really for that, I might as well get the Wadea one if it is better with a more reliable chipset.

The only thing is the KangXin comes with the full setup, so I do not have to add the expense of my first bottom fed dripper.

Is KangXin well known? The 6 or so months I have been here I have not heard of it, but that does not necessarily mean it is bad.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Hmm, I am wondering if 40 Watts will be enough for great flavour on a dripper, I guess it would have to be single coil builds at 20-30 watts.

I'm not going to lie, I have not heard of Wadea, but notice it says on the mod DNA EVOLV 40, is it really a DNA chip or just says that?

I don't know wether to go for the cheap 60 watt version, or the dearer 40 watt version. It will be this months mod of the month though, so guess I will get one of them.

Ahh what a donut I am. I saw these myself, I didn't realise they looked like flasks, hence vapour flask duh :).
Unless they have partnered with Evolv since I got my VaporFlask clone, it is a clone and not an authentic board, although mine just says DNA 40 at startup, so I guess it is possible they are using an authentic board in this mod. Here is the original review by @Nikkita6 that ultimately convinced me to try the Waidea, I had never heard of them before either. http://vapingcheap.com/waidea-vaporflask-dna40-clone-review/ ... My observations were spont on with her review, once I got it and started using it.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you haven't tried a genuine Reo Grand you're missing out! My favorite little squonker is one of these with a cyclone BF atty and AFC. Nothing to go wrong (unless you collapse a spring, but of course you have a spare!), rock solid reliable little mod. 0.5 ohm build with rayon, same reliable vape time after time. Now of course I don't get the same experience as I do with a Crown, but it certainly has its place.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So its actually not much more expensive, only 10 dollars more, but 20 watts less.

The thing is, I probably will use the device mostly at 20-30 watts anyway for flavour, only use duals when I want lots of vapour.

As this is not really for that, I might as well get the Wadea one if it is better with a more reliable chipset.

The only thing is the KangXin comes with the full setup, so I do not have to add the expense of my first bottom fed dripper.

Is KangXin well known? The 6 or so months I have been here I have not heard of it, but that does not necessarily mean it is bad.

something else to think about ,and this is coming from an experienced squonker .

the curve of the mod and the fact of it being 3 batteries wide,looks like it will make for a difficult time to squonk.thats why i was never interested in the flask

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a KangXin DNA40 flask squnonker. They are crap. Not worth the money.
Ahh OK. I will go for the wadea 40 Watt version then, I have no problem using single coils, as its flavour I am after, not huge clouds with this device :).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless they have partnered with Evolv since I got my VaporFlask clone, it is a clone and not an authentic board, although mine just says DNA 40 at startup, so I guess it is possible they are using an authentic board in this mod. Here is the original review by @Nikkita6 that ultimately convinced me to try the Waidea, I had never heard of them before either. http://vapingcheap.com/waidea-vaporflask-dna40-clone-review/ ... My observations were spont on with her review, once I got it and started using it.
It shall be this I go for, I don't need the 60 watts, as this device is for flavour, not huge clouds. Heard the Kingxin one is crap, not worth the money, so I will go for that one :).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the looks of the authentic s-ca3 ... if I ever get into squonking, I may go for something like this!
Ok in the review, it states it can take either one or 2 18650's...if I remove the juice bottle, is that another battery slot for normal usage?

EDIT: Reading the full review, yes I can! Thats amazed me! I will be mainly using it for sqounking, but if I want a long life ADV with a tank, I can use it for that too. Thats sold me 100%. Only thing is shipping, it will take longer than the 1 day I usually have to wait as I can only find it in USA stores and Chinese stores, I will get it from Focalecig.

Last edited:

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
@pulsevape here are 2 units ,i've heard good about the geyscano one,but nothing of the other,cheaper one

as far as an atty that small ?? cyclone is about the only one that fits into that size category

http://www.angelcigs.com/bottom-feeder-mod.html

this one is so cheap i just may get adventurous and try it out

http://www.angelcigs.com/s-body-style-variable-voltage-box-mod-silver.html

Don't get the S-cat from Angelcigs, it's HORRIBLE! Yes, that deserves all caps. It can't fire anything below 1.5 ohms and only goes to 15w, the button placement and feel is bad, menu is awkward, the thing is too darn heavy and the bottle is a pain to get out. Mine is now an expensive paperweight because I won't use the darn thing.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

hahah a Squonker that sounds like a Hygiene produce or something else for that region of the body

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
I just got this one yesterday:

http://www.3fvape.com/vv-vw-mod/507...html?search_query=5072&results=1#.Vh9ux4m3O5M

It has been working rather well for me. My main gripe with it is that the bottle is a bit too firm to squonk easily but that might just be my carpal tunnel syndrome at work. Also, it seems that the bottle used is a bit small and should be filled only 3/4 of the way so I think there is a lot of wasted space for juice in this device. I'm currently trying to find a slightly taller and softer bottle that will fit. The device itself is solid though. Personally, I got it on sale for about $41, but unfortunately that sale is over so you'd have to buy it at $56 or so. Still better priced than other places that have it around $65.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
e'Just saw this at Focalecig :

http://deals.focalecig.com/Product/Kangxin-Inoy60W-TC-Sqonker-Box-ModSilver-30317
Comes in black and silver no logo and its a group buy. Hope this helps. Seems like a good intro squonker.

LOL Sorry I guess that's what i get for not reading the whole thread , but Conan already mentioned the one i just did. Like he said looks interesting. and from pics on the site looks compact enough. and there's a few choices of RDA's with bottom feeding out there now.

Last edited:

ChibiChula

Member For 4 Years
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm using the Velocity clone with bottom feed pin on my squonk boxes and it works perfectly. I also got my LowPro RDA clone at the same time as the mod and it works well too as long as you don't build below 0.5 ohms (too small for builds lower than that). Lots more bottom feeder RDA's out these days. Squonk boxes are back in style now, except now they are regulated, lol.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw a clone of the reo somewhere.

They are at Fasttech, gearbest and focalecig, plus a few state side clone vedors.

I have one. It's a great mod. I might buy another or spring for the $$ of the real Reo. But I think me next will be a regulated mod. I would prefer to stay Bottom feed. But there's just not a lot available right now that's not custom made stuff, I can't afford.

I got my clone Reo about a year ago. It's been flawless.... Now it is a $25 mechanical mod. That has been used almost everyday since it showed up. Complaints, it comes setuo to use 14mm atomizer or smaller. But 10 minutes with a hand file fixed that. A few weeks ago the little tip of the fire contact broke off. Good thing is the replacement blade from the real Grand fits. It still works just fine, have to push harder with flat top batts. Don't build below .65ohms. I collapsed the spring at .58ohm and a 3.8volt battery. Did that just yesterday. I usually build at .75 up to around 1.5, depending on which atty I am running. Again the spring from the real reo fit and is an upgrade . So now I decide do I buy the parts i need to fix my mod that does work but is showing signs of doom? Or do I buy another.?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I picked this up at Eciggity when they had the 30% off coupon recently - brought it down to $21.02. I'd pay $30 for one - and I'm an REO fangurl for sure.

I didn't bother to build the atty, but you can get decent BF clones cheap. At first it felt so light I wasn't too impressed. But, a week later, I'm pretty happy with it and am considering a second one to celebrate vapocolypse.

geyscano.jpg

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
any thoughts on the movkin disguiser with squonk kit...
have a narDA clone w/bf pin

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I'm wanting to get into squonking too! But after using a Hohmwrecker G2, & a Hohmslice I just can't imagine a device without an FSK chipset! Maybe if enough people wrote to Hohmtech we could get them to make us a squonker! IMHO this could be the squonker of the decade!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm wanting to get into squonking too! But after using a Hohmwrecker G2, & a Hohmslice I just can't imagine a device without an FSK chipset! Maybe if enough people wrote to Hohmtech we could get them to make us a squonker! IMHO this could be the squonker of the decade!
I haven't yet got myself a mod with an FSK board, I live in the UK and they aren't as good value over here compared to the USA.

There are some great squonkers that use Evolv DNA boards though? I have 5 Evolv mods, and all of them are fantastic, so could be an option for you if you wanted a high quality squonker?

It would be good if Hohmtech made one though, especially if you can get it at the amazing prices the other Hohmtech mods go for in the USA :)

VU Sponsors