Become a Patron!

CountryPami's Place

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hope everyone is doing well and wishing all a Happy Sunday~! A big stock pot of White bean with Ham on the stove all day which is almost done! Going to have a nice meal with some fresh Italian bread in a bit and enjoying a glass of wine. Was a rough week and doesn't look like next will be any better with what I have on the calendar for the morning but shit I survived a bout with the flu going around and vaping dries that runny nose right the frak out~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well my Happy Sunday wish turned into Dad going by ambulance to the ER for breathing problems from Pneumonia caused by the Flu Virus and his decreased lung capacity from Emphysema and Obliterative Bronchoilitis. So last night was spent in the ER but today he is much better agter treatment with Steroids and Abuteral Nebulizers. Today started out good with the Hospital calling that he would be moved to 9 North but after walking with Mom from the parking structure to 9N found he was still in the ER and now masks gowns and gloves required in the Exam Room. Oh yeah one other thing, we got a call from the Extended Care Facility where my sister is now that she was having a Seizure so she is at a different Hospital in ICU. Shit it is only Monday right?

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my Happy Sunday wish turned into Dad going by ambulance to the ER for breathing problems from Pneumonia caused by the Flu Virus and his decreased lung capacity from Emphysema and Obliterative Bronchoilitis. So last night was spent in the ER but today he is much better agter treatment with Steroids and Abuteral Nebulizers. Today started out good with the Hospital calling that he would be moved to 9 North but after walking with Mom from the parking structure to 9N found he was still in the ER and now masks gowns and gloves required in the Exam Room. Oh yeah one other thing, we got a call from the Extended Care Facility where my sister is now that she was having a Seizure so she is at a different Hospital in ICU. Shit it is only Monday right?
Wishing the best for you and your family Steve. But I can't let you win anyway lol. Have a good night everyone !

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol thought I was in last one to post wins lmao. Morning everyone ! Have a good day everyone ! @SteveS45 really hoping everything's ok with the family !

Dad is greatly improved and sister is in ICU because that is the best place to be monitored closely not because she is in crisis. Will know more after I go to both Hospitals today but no calls during the night is good news.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wow! Hope everyone has a speedy recovery!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow! Hope everyone has a speedy recovery!

Dad sounded very horse today but he is is good spirits and maybe coming home tomorrow but then he will have to go the the Pulmonologist and be closely monitored. Sis is still in ICU but she is alert and not sedated but still has the UTI is which is common for MS patients and what contributes to the Seizures. But Temperature is only slightly elevated and the Doctors and RN's at St. Francis Hospital are really amazing.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of us have been through more than we can stand up too. I have. It's a place of peace, humor & understanding. For me it's a warm safe place to come when life gets to much. I for one am extremely grateful. :blowkiss:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
When the rest of the world and this forum is totally a bunch of assholes it is so nice to know @Countrypami Place is always here to find a nice sociable understanding and supportive place to chill or unload when needed. Thanks for creating this Pami! :headbang::bliss::bliss::vino::ejuice:
Aww, that's sweet Steve, Thanks! I'm so so glad it helps. <3

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yea, it's damn tough. I went thru the 13th anniversary of my wife's death. The 6th of this month. Funny thing, it's said time takes all pain away. That's the biggest lie ever told. I filled up a swimming pool with tears again this year. It don't get better and it never stops hurting.
So sorry! :hug:

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dad sounded very horse today but he is is good spirits and maybe coming home tomorrow but then he will have to go the the Pulmonologist and be closely monitored. Sis is still in ICU but she is alert and not sedated but still has the UTI is which is common for MS patients and what contributes to the Seizures. But Temperature is only slightly elevated and the Doctors and RN's at St. Francis Hospital are really amazing.
Glad to hear things are starting to get a little better. I have had similar times with my wife & it can be a lonely place to be in. I how you have a good support network, whether it be friends or family. It can make all the difference, I think. At my roughest point I did not have the support network I thought I had but the ones that were there meant the world to us. My thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Afternoon everyone ! Have a good night. I'm heading in to work now. Couple of night shoots on the movie set. TTYL

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family!

Thank you~! I started a thread to say Thank You to all the fine people who send warm thoughts and prayers or whatever it is they felt like sending. Dad got better but sort of took a step back but he is in the best place to get the proper care. He will not be coming home for a few days.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well had to sort of go off on one of the Doctors because they are discharging my Dad tonight. I gave him a bit of spanking because I had already spoken to a doctor about discharging him and it was supposed to already be in the process. He got a little take back when I said I spoke to his Primary Care Physician and you not being on the same page makes me question the caliber of care he is receiving~! Boy did that shock his system. Still waiting for the expedited paperwork to be done so I can go pick him up with the portable Oxygen.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well had to sort of go off on one of the Doctors because they are discharging my Dad tonight. I gave him a bit of spanking because I had already spoken to a doctor about discharging him and it was supposed to already be in the process. He got a little take back when I said I spoke to his Primary Care Physician and you not being on the same page makes me question the caliber of care he is receiving~! Boy did that shock his system. Still waiting for the expedited paperwork to be done so I can go pick him up with the portable Oxygen.
That's perfect. I'm a nurse & a home health administrator & one of the things I can't stress enough to our clients is how important it is to be your own (or your family member's) advocate. I also tell everyone to keep in mind that it's OK to like a Dr but they are your Dr not your friend &, just like anyone else, they are not infallible. Never be the guy afraid to soak up just because they are a Dr.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I went through something similar recently... I was in the hospital for some testing... 2 docs involved... one said the other had to release me... they kept me waiting for 6 hours and didn't release me until 9:30 at night. I was fumin'! :mad:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
2 docs involved... one said the other had to release me...

I gave them a very stern but polite talking to and got the paperwork and the transportation expedited so he was at my vehicle switching to my portable Oxygen in about 2 hours from the first phone call. But he sounds better this morning~! :bliss::coffee:

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't stress enough to our clients is how important it is to be your own (or your family member's) advocate.

It also helps to have friends who work in the Hospital who have told me the same things over the years~! Last time Dad was in the ER/MICU a Security Guard must have been a disciple of the Returded1 on ECF who busted my balls and I went off on him in the ER. I went to the Sargent and made formal complaint and since I haven't seen him he might have lost his job or was forced into early retirement. Don't screw with me especially with family involved.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Famous Last Words............... Driving today I heard this loud crack/pop noise which I thought was a water bottle behind me then I noticed the big round hole in my windshield about an inch~! Thank goodness for Full Glass Coverage with Zero Deductible~! Surprised that Chinese Space Station missed me last week..............

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Famous Last Words............... Driving today I heard this loud crack/pop noise which I thought was a water bottle behind me then I noticed the big round hole in my windshield about an inch~! Thank goodness for Full Glass Coverage with Zero Deductible~! Surprised that Chinese Space Station missed me last week..............
What caused it?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What caused it?

I assume a rock from the wonderful shit ass pot hole patching they do or a stone kicked off a tire. I just heard a loud pop/crack noise and thought a water bottle exploded or something. Then I saw the round hole crack in the windshield. I thought the noise came from behind me at first.

VU Sponsors