Become a Patron!

Couple easy questions

Fairly new to vaping. Below is what I have

Sigelei150w
Atlantis v2 and Horizon Arctic
Efest 2500mAh 35a

Questions:

1. I use between 30-40w. The Arctiv allows .2 and .5 and Atlantis allows .3 and .5. Which should I use and what is the difference? Does .3 use more juice than .5? Pros and cons of each

2. Looks like the Arctic blows through juice way quicker than the Atlantis v2 - is that the case?

3. Are the batteries that I have safe to use

4. If I get the Kraigen 8ml tank, will it work on my Atlantis v2

Thanks all!

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what kind of batteries do you have?

edit: nevermind. It was there and I did not see it aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh!

Last edited:

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Less ohms consumes more juice. Atlantis uses.5 coil heads and the.2 coil heads from arctic tank will produce more vapor and consume more juice.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fairly new to vaping. Below is what I have

Sigelei150w great mod...love it
Atlantis v2 and Horizon Arctic ....love the arctic tank more than my kanger subtank, but don't have a V2 Atlantis
Efest 2500mAh 35a ...personally don't trust Efest batteries....I stick to Samsung, LG, and my old and dying VTC batteries.

Questions:

1. I use between 30-40w. The Arctiv allows .2 and .5 and Atlantis allows .3 and .5. Which should I use and what is the difference? Does .3 use more juice than .5? Pros and cons of each pros: the lower resistance allows for higher wattage and more vapor and usually a warmer vape. cons:higher resistance means more wattage required to produce decent vapor eating your juice and batteries power level up faster.

2. Looks like the Arctic blows through juice way quicker than the Atlantis v2 - is that the case? I don't have an atlantis 2 so I can't say for sure but the lower resistance the more juice you will use up generally speaking....also...depending on the wire and size of the coil build in the head can affect juice consuption

3. Are the batteries that I have safe to use...Yes but not at full power...you'll need to get some VTC 3's or 4's or LG HD2's or HB6's to max out your mod safely...other's may disagree with me but the chipset has either a 30 or 40 amp max power draw on your batteries and the closer your battery's continuous drain rating is to that the better....however if you stay around the power levels you're at you're fine....just if you want to go into the 100+ range I recommend higher rated better batteries.

4. If I get the Kraigen 8ml tank, will it work on my Atlantis v2....Sorry bud, again, don't have the V2...can't help you there but someone will see this and can give you a better answer that that....hope this helped though...happy vaping! :)

Thanks all!

I forgot to say that if you click on the quote box you'll see I put an answer next to all your questions...I am adding this for anyone who is new and doesn't know that...glad others came along to help you out. happy vaping!

Last edited:

High Society Supply

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your interested in saving money on juice, switch to a higher ohm coil. The less the ohm on the coil, the more smoke it will make.
efest 2500 batteries are safe, we recommend mxjo or emren @ our shop.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your interested in saving money on juice, switch to a higher ohm coil. The less the ohm on the coil, the more smoke it will make.
efest 2500 batteries are safe, we recommend mxjo or emren @ our shop.
Now THAT was clever....................

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First, welcome. I'll answer your questions in line below:

1. I use between 30-40w. The Arctiv allows .2 and .5 and Atlantis allows .3 and .5. Which should I use and what is the difference? Does .3 use more juice than .5? Pros and cons of each
There pro/con depends on what you like. I've found very few tanks these days that I just "hate". That said the Atlantis 2 is easier to fill, but for me (Your Mileage May Vary as the saying goes) the Arctic is a better tasting tank. Additionally I find the Atlantis 2 airflow is a little too loose fore me.

Looks like the Arctic blows through juice way quicker than the Atlantis v2 - is that the case?
All sub-ohm tanks will burn through juice faster. If you have your wattage set the same these two tanks should be similar. Basically though, the bigger the "cloud" the more juice you went through on that hit. It's not as simple as has been posted in this thread that a .2 will burn through more than a .5. Its a combination of the resistance, airflow, and wattage used. There are several other variables, but those are the main ones. If you're seeing a faster consumption on the Arctic that's simply due to the Arctic in your case being able to create more vapor.

Are the batteries that I have safe to use
Those batteries are perfectly fine. Frankly there is a whole lot of whoopla over batteries which, quite rightly, stemmed from folks using mechanical and older unprotected mods. You can use a 10A battery in a 100W modern protected MOD. Is it a good idea? No. Will it explode? Not likely. What will happen on most mods these days is you'll get an error (which varies by maker) basically telling you the battery cannot provide the amperage needed for the watts you're demanding of it. Good rule to follow is never use <20A continuous if you want decent/safe performance (safe again is relative with the newer mods). 150+W realistically will need to be 30A+ to actually hit 150+W. They'll still work on a 20A but you're hitting the upper limit of that battery.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the questions aside, you have very nice gear ! Enjoy it in good health !

VU Sponsors