Become a Patron!

COVID-19

Dementedarego

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hi,

How are you all going on with this COVID-19 crisis? Yesterday I went to my regular vape shop and it was closed for indefinite time. I´m spending a lot of time at home, so I´m vaping more than usual. I think it´s inevitable that the distribution of vaping products will be disturbed. People who smoke are generally at higher risk of respiratory tract infections, like lung and chest infections, but there is currently not enough evidence to be certain that people who smoke or vape are at higher risk of being infected with this virus. Have you adopted any special precautions?

Be well,

Regards,
Nuno

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How are you all going on with this COVID-19 crisis?

I'll respond with a question first and then my answer. How should we be "going on"?

Spoke to a nurse at our local Health Department prior to this becoming as relevant as it now has become. She gives me an injection every two weeks ergo the reason for my visit. In her professional view it was simply a matter of, "wash your hands well, use some common sense. If out and people start coughing, sneezing and carrying on as though they seemed infected, remove yourself from their environment."

So, that's how I've been doing. Granted I'm suffering some seasonal allergies and sinus issues myself. I've been sneezing, having runny nose, slight coughs. But I'm aware that what I'm suffering is just that, seasonal allergies and general "crud". I am not infected with anything else so far as I'm aware and I'm pretty aware of stuff like that.

Yesterday I went to my regular vape shop and it was closed for indefinite time.

This may not be due to the virus at all. It might be due to the FDA's deeming regulations. Then, it also might be that the shop wasn't carrying enough business to make ends meet. They might be remodeling due to having good business. There's a host of all kinds of reasons they may be closed.

Now, you may have asked and if they said it is due to the virus then so it is. But if you've not asked please don't assume.

I think it´s inevitable that the distribution of vaping products will be disturbed.

Gee, really? We've known for quite a while that vaping was and will remain under fire from government and big tobacco. Knowing that we kind of figured vaping distributions could see disruption/s. Again, these disruption/s might not be due to the virus.

People who smoke are generally at higher risk of respiratory tract infections, like lung and chest infections, but there is currently not enough evidence to be certain that people who smoke or vape are at higher risk of being infected with this virus.

Correlation does not equate to causation. Simply because fact A and fact B exist does not mean a fact C will exist. That is assumption, presumption and considered bad science. Yes, we can speculate. But speculation is just that, speculation, guessing.

Although it is factual to suggest those with weakened lungs are at higher risk/s for respiratory distress/es. This is nearly patently obvious. Yet merely because one has weak lungs does not explicitly imply one will get respiratory ailments / distress/es.

Have you adopted any special precautions?

Aside from what was suggested by the nurse? Nope. I had already attained a habit of washing my hands like a doctor anyway. I used to run on volunteer rescue squad. We got taught some basic precautionary stuff. I kept the hand washing habit, it doesn't take any longer to be safe.

Dementedarego

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hi Magicmist,

No FDA regulations here. We have EU regulations (they are equally bad). I live in Portugal (Europe). My vape shop closed because of COVID-19, according to a message they posted on Instagram. Many non-essential services are closing or with minor activity, many people are at home, all schools have closed. Borders closed also. I wash my hands before vaping because of the proximity with my mouth, when I vape.

Regards,
Nuno

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well for the US. Vape suppliers here had let their supplies dwindle on hardware due to both the CNY and the virus and the doming May 12 date which is scheduled to make pretty much everything vaping illegal to sell in the US.
So the virus isolation thing just accelerated that a bit here.

Feel lucky that you are not here, vaping wise that is.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No FDA regulations here. We have EU regulations (they are equally bad). I live in Portugal (Europe).

My apologies then for portraying stereotypical ignorant American. I could have but looked at your profile and seen where you live but did not.

Many non-essential services are closing or with minor activity, many people are at home, all schools have closed.

My wife got in early from her work today. Seems that corporate is being fussy over labor rates. Wife's manager had to let her go early. Though I'm sure that it's rather likely this virus has some influence.

We still have none here in West Virginia, USA. Not exactly sure why that is so. @The Cromwell will tell you we here in West Virginia have weaponized the virus and sent it out to slay those not eating our lovely pepperoni rolls, the infidels! But of course, he would be joking. :) I on the other hand may not be. *chuckles*

Yes, big tobacco has decided to take aim at something consumers created to help ourselves get away from cigarettes and the known and proved death they bring. In so doing they'll use all their influence / money to buy government/s and get vaping made illegal. No mistake to it, this all about money. Vaping took away a few billion dollars of big tobacco's revenue and they fear it'll take more. That big tobacco will not stand to have.

They will use bad science and negative media, weaponize fear to accomplish what buying governments won't do. The fact is vaping is roughly 95% less risk than smoking cigarettes or using snuff, chewing tobacco. Please notice I am not telling you it is safer. I am saying it incurs less risk. That is what vaping is about, reducing harm and risk. Some of us are even pushing gradually to get battery recycling options given to consumers freely by manufactures of vaping devices. We sincerely do want less harm and risk for consumers and the planet.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi,

How are you all going on with this COVID-19 crisis? Yesterday I went to my regular vape shop and it was closed for indefinite time. I´m spending a lot of time at home, so I´m vaping more than usual. I think it´s inevitable that the distribution of vaping products will be disturbed. People who smoke are generally at higher risk of respiratory tract infections, like lung and chest infections, but there is currently not enough evidence to be certain that people who smoke or vape are at higher risk of being infected with this virus. Have you adopted any special precautions?

Be well,

Regards,
Nuno

I'm thinking about adding PG to my DIY juice due to the anti-microbial properties of PG

Been vaping max VG for about a year now, because it tastes better without PG

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking about adding PG to my DIY juice due to the anti-microbial properties of PG

Been vaping max VG for about a year now, because it tastes better without PG
I just upped the pg in my two mixes I made last night. From 30pg/70vg to 40/60.cant got much thinner but would be great if it helped

VU Sponsors