Become a Patron!

Cracked tank

i bought a new vape eGO AIO and this morning it cracked while it was charging. i have come to the conclusion that it over heated and that caused it to crack because when i picked it up it was extremely hot. i went into the shop with the warranty and the manager of the shop said that there was nothing he could do. is there any way of repairing the glass? i have seen youtube videos of the using silicone but would this work properly? or does anyone know where i can buy new glass for my built in tank?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That just sucks. And I really don't think you can replace that, but I'd love to be wrong. I wouldn't mess with trying to fix it, either. Broken glass is just broken glass.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
i bought a new vape eGO AIO and this morning it cracked while it was charging. i have come to the conclusion that it over heated and that caused it to crack because when i picked it up it was extremely hot. i went into the shop with the warranty and the manager of the shop said that there was nothing he could do. is there any way of repairing the glass? i have seen youtube videos of the using silicone but would this work properly? or does anyone know where i can buy new glass for my built in tank?

Welcome to VU :wave:

Super bummer the shop will not honor the warranty :facepalm:

I'd be super concerned that the device would just crack new glass, like it did the original

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The mod should NOT get hot when charging, a bit warm ok but not hot. I wouldn't use it for fear of the battery venting. Any shop that won't honor a warranty on an overheating mod should not be in business. Did you only point out the cracked glass or did you tell them it got hot charging? Strikes me as a safety issue with a defective charging circuit.

VU Sponsors