Become a Patron!

Create a section for VWVV users who do not drip or sub ohm.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are so many PV users who prefer to use VW devices with clearomizers and prefer to NOT SUB OHM, that when we try to discuss anything in the forums, we get ridiculed by battery junkies who enjoy the world of sub ohm drippers...I say, to each their own, give us each a separate space to converse in, so we can post freely without dripper ohm snobs jumping on us. Thank you for the consideration....

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i love to use atomizers such as the nautilus minis, aero tanks and such...
i vape them completely different from a kayfun/russian or drippers...
i enjoy them for what they are and dont try to vape them as if they were a dripper...
not sure if that makes sense...
usually vape a nautilus at 8.5 to 10 watts
vape a russian wrapped with 29g @1.9 ohms at 12 to 17.5 watts
vape a dripper anywhere from 16 watts and up...
totally enjoy the "plug and play" sense of freedom they provide...
they do have their limitations and they do have their shortcomings which can be frustrating..
i use the svd, mvp2, vaporshark

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive fallen in love with my Groove II...cheap and reliable. Battery last a day and a half easy, and I vape around 7 ml a day on it with a Kanger Giant. I use the watt setting and have it at 10w almost always. I also use the 1.8 or the 1.5 ohm attys in it. Going to order a few more of the Groove II's as soon as possible. Also want to grab another box style VW machine soon.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are so many PV users who prefer to use VW devices with clearomizers and prefer to NOT SUB OHM, that when we try to discuss anything in the forums, we get ridiculed by battery junkies who enjoy the world of sub ohm drippers...I say, to each their own, give us each a separate space to converse in, so we can post freely without dripper ohm snobs jumping on us. Thank you for the consideration....
I hate to tell you this however this an Adult forum. There are people that take great joy in pushing other peoples buttons just for the hell of it. If you don't like what someone else says, either ignore it, or tell them to fuck off. If you are hurt by some assholes opinion you might ponder if this the place for you. If a MOD or STAFF member says something you better listen. Otherwise just enjoy yourself. This in not the 700 club.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know its an adult forum and i have people on ignore already. I like telling people to fuck off, its fun. This is a great place for me =) But there is a difference in the type of people that Vape with VW and tanks, and those who choose mechs and dripping. Two totally different type of people. That is why I created this thread for consideration. You seam kinda trolly to me, a lil suspicious if you ask me....and your statement, if a Mod Or Staff member say something you better listen....Ill take the moderators and staffs input into consideration at all times. You a mod yet? Hope you dont represent the Mods and Staff here, you seam a little cocky. I will continue to enjoy myself on all parts of the forum, but sure would be nice to have a dedicated spot for us V-Dubbers. I must assume by your comment here, that you are one of the snobs who drip all day, right? Own fifty or more mods and two hundred batteries? You even sub ohm bro?May Jesus show you the light, now fuck off. LOL. Tootles.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol, nice set up. Glad to see you got the humor in my post. Is that ham radio in the background too?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well,

First of all the 700 club freaks me out to say the least.

While I am very much into VW and rebuildables, I don't see myself going sub ohm.

But I used to say the same thing about rebuildables!

I watch and look and read what I find here.

If interest me, I pay special attention and if I have something to add I post.

Or on rare occasion start my own thread.

But if I am not interested or have nothing to add, I just go back to watching and vaping and playing with my "Weenie".

And all is well in my personal vape world:D

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, guilty as charged. I learned a long time ago in this world it's on your feet or on your knees. Poor ol' Robin Williams. Man had everything, and threw it all away. I didn't know the man, but suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem. I have suffered from low self esteem myself. I got over it. I can talk to the whole world from my little world.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well,

First of all the 700 club freaks me out to say the least.

While I am very much into VW and rebuildables, I don't see myself going sub ohm.

But I used to say the same thing about rebuildables!

I watch and look and read what I find here.

If interest me, I pay special attention and if I have something to add I post.

Or on rare occasion start my own thread.

But if I am not interested or have nothing to add, I just go back to watching and vaping and playing with my "Weenie".

And all is well in my personal vape world:D
Hi RJ! I'm still waiting on my Hanna to come back from the grave. Damn I miss it. My Russian on it was heaven. I'm going to get that 100 watt next month if Obummer ain't spent all my money on golf or some crap.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my boy wants to get into radio so bad! What is a good place for radio newbs to start?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate to tell you this however this an Adult forum. There are people that take great joy in pushing other peoples buttons just for the hell of it. If you don't like what someone else says, either ignore it, or tell them to fuck off. If you are hurt by some assholes opinion you might ponder if this the place for you. If a MOD or STAFF member says something you better listen. Otherwise just enjoy yourself. This in not the 700 club.

Fuck off
woot1-2.gif

:)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol, fucking off, as we speak!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my boy wants to get into radio so bad! What is a good place for radio newbs to start?
Don't know his age but the Beofeng UV-5RE is a very good radio. 56.00 on EBay. Ham is a very expensive hobby.
I mean expensive! You Tube has the Ham Tests on video for free. I recommend it for anyone. 14.00 for the test. It's 35 questions if I remember right. Tech, is the lowest license for Ham. If you get him a radio DO Not let him transmit without a license. 10,000 fine if he gets caught. For some reason the FCC don't have a sense of humor at all. It's a wonderful hobby. I have about 4 K tied up in it. SW is great if he just wants to listen to operators around the world.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hi RJ! I'm still waiting on my Hanna to come back from the grave. Damn I miss it. My Russian on it was heaven. I'm going to get that 100 watt next month if Obummer ain't spent all my money on golf or some crap.

I absolutely love my KFL+ on my Chana DNA30!

And screw "Peebo"!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My OKR /T10 I built is ok, but no screen, just don't have the class of my Hanna. It should be here this month. I ordered a case & dna 30 from FT. Have the board, waiting on the case.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Vamo5 's and evic, but I Need the power. It's a guy thing. Hell I run my Russian @ 4 watts. Kayfun 3.1 also. they don't require any more than that.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wait a sec…. I drip… I sub ohm… AND I use VV VW…. I see the benefits of all these things… Where do I go???

your going to the head of the class Gargy, to the head of the class.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
your going to the head of the class Gargy, to the head of the class.

Oh dear…..

I'd rather sit in the back if you don't mind… More fun back there… :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol...tell me about it.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good News. OSHA (occupational safety health administration) has revised it's rules pertaining the safe number of people that can chew my ass at once. Due to my weight loss I can safely handle 3 at once. Old specs was two.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ive fallen in love with my Groove II...cheap and reliable. Battery last a day and a half easy, and I vape around 7 ml a day on it with a Kanger Giant. I use the watt setting and have it at 10w almost always. I also use the 1.8 or the 1.5 ohm attys in it. Going to order a few more of the Groove II's as soon as possible. Also want to grab another box style VW machine soon.
I love our's too Celtic I use it quite a bit when I leave the house its my GF's current favorite on the go vape which color did you get?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got the black one, next is the blue one, but I think im gonna get some Jwraps for them anyways...Tardis Groove!!!!!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been toying with the idea of building a mod with two Atomizers on it hooked in parallel with a manifold to hook the drip tips together. Like two Protank 3's. Would look cool.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got the black one, next is the blue one, but I think im gonna get some Jwraps for them anyways...Tardis Groove!!!!!
My GF got the blue and I put a neat Crystal cross on the front of hers mine looks insane right now haha I am messing with it decorating it like a Groove II Christmas tree.. not to far yet

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i posted a thread under vape related with the idea of starting a holiday gift contest, if we can get that together, Im gonna add a groove II to the box for my gift donation.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i posted a thread under vape related with the idea of starting a holiday gift contest, if we can get that together, Im gonna add a groove II to the box for my gift donation.
I'm In for sure I have way way to many mods I actually have a Groove not even opened my Uncle was going to stop smoking but he said fuck you to me one night and said ok man when you are ready not to die and not Fuck me then you can have it .. I think I will put that one aside for this

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait a sec…. I drip… I sub ohm… AND I use VV VW…. I see the benefits of all these things… Where do I go???

Yeah, I don't sub ohm, but do drip and use VW with tanks and use rebuildables and have mechs..........but alas, only 3 mechs and 1 VW device that doesn't start with DNA. I guess I get to hang out with both ends of the spectrum..........or neither? What is a vaper to do?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I don't sub ohm, but do drip and use VW with tanks and use rebuildables and have mechs..........but alas, only 3 mechs and 1 VW device that doesn't start with DNA. I guess I get to hang out with both ends of the spectrum..........or neither? What is a vaper to do?
I got the clap once, but the doc fixed me right up. I don't even know what a sub ohm is. Been on a submarine. I just hang out and watch what happens next.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, this place seems like as a good a place as any to ask one of my stupid questions of the day:

If you're using a VV/VW device like an MVP2 - which setting takes precedence? Is it the "higher" of the two, e.g., 4V vs. 11W? Or is it a combination of both values?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lauren Bacall passed away this morning of a stroke. She made it to 89. Two of my favorite people in less than 36 hours. It's Tequila time. A Babe & a funny Man gone. Just ain't right.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they say hollywood goes in 3's...

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea. I like your post, I just can't bring myself to click like on that. Life sux. All my family & friends are dead. I keep pushin' on. Out living everyone Really Sux. Christmas is just a date on the calendar for me. Birthdays don't matter, save a lot of $ not buying presents. The silence don't stop, tears don't either. Margarita time.

Last edited:

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, this place seems like as a good a place as any to ask one of my stupid questions of the day:

If you're using a VV/VW device like an MVP2 - which setting takes precedence? Is it the "higher" of the two, e.g., 4V vs. 11W? Or is it a combination of both values?

On second thought, this is a Request thread, so never mind - carry on. :)

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

On second thought, this is a Request thread, so never mind - carry on. :)
lol
If I understand your question correctly it is the last one you used that takes the precedence.
If you last had it on voltage it will be on voltage only and at whatever you set it at.
Same thing with the watts. If it was watts that you last set then it is watts that is being used and used at the setting you set it at. It not really both at the same time. It's one or the other.
But both are a means to the same ends.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I too use mechs and VV/VW devices. I see benefits for both. And use them in different ways with different ATTYs.
But I ONLY use rebuildable atomizers.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

look at it this way...
it offers 2 ways to vape...for sake of argument lets say you have a 306 atomizer that has a 2 ohm coil, and you like to vape it at 5volts...
5v X 5v =25v / 2ohms =12.5 watts
and a little later in the day you take the 306 atty off and put a russian 91% on that has has a 1.2 ohm coil in it...
that means 5v X 5v = 25v /1.2 ohms = 20.8 watts...
when you use the variable wattage... you set the desired wattage...say for example 9 watts and you place those same 2 devices on your mvp2
it doesnt matter what resistance coil is in the atty, you get the 9 watts ...
hope that helps

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
look at it this way...
it offers 2 ways to vape...for sake of argument lets say you have a 306 atomizer that has a 2 ohm coil, and you like to vape it at 5volts...
5v X 5v =25v / 2ohms =12.5 watts
and a little later in the day you take the 306 atty off and put a russian 91% on that has has a 1.2 ohm coil in it...
that means 5v X 5v = 25v /1.2 ohms = 20.8 watts...
when you use the variable wattage... you set the desired wattage...say for example 9 watts and you place those same 2 devices on your mvp2
it doesnt matter what resistance coil is in the atty, you get the 9 watts ...
hope that helps

Meaning you can theoretically get more watts than the 11W limit depending on the coil that's being used - correct? What's the other 5v in your equation?

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
your mvp2 should have a variable voltage range of 3.3v to5v...
and a variable wattage range of 6 to 11 watts...
as far as exceeding the given wattage range of the mvp2...it depends on the amperage limit of the chip and switch...
was just using the values to express the difference between vv and vw...
you would have to do the math with the given intrinsic values...
but you are reading too much into the device...
vape it at a given low vv level and slowly increase the voltage until you get the vape you like...
take that voltage value squared and divide the squared voltage value by your coil resistance and set the mvp2 to that wattage value and see which vape you like...
variable wattage is just an easy way to vape at the same wattage for any given resistance value within reason and capability of the battery...
if i can remember, you access the voltage menu by pressing and holding the v or p buttons at the bottom of the device

Last edited:

VU Sponsors