Become a Patron!

Creating a (wet) vape to avoid dry flavor

Buttersworth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe that the Base has much to do with this Wetness and how it is vaporized I cannot prove this all I can say is if
I mix lets say a Custard with lets say some kind of cream then on top of that add lets say a contrast agent like a Tiramisu then some fruits its funny how this seem to be wet when vaping.. Now on the other hand if I would have just taken lets say a fruit mixed it with a Cream it does not..
Just some thouhts.. Now again I am probably insane
However aren't you working on something now that is universal to keep it wet.

Buttersworth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It does but may never happen. the above formula with pga/ss/dw would give quite a throat hit wouldnt it?

Buttersworth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ETA: Also, it should be noted that the VG mix consisted of only 4% of the 0.9% Saline solution ... not 9 % of the total finished product. They ( we2rcool ) also added 14% distilled water and 2% Pure Grain Alcohol to make up that complete VG mix.

I have not tried this complete formula. Just SS!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't find that the complete formula added much if any throat hit personally, however, if you are sensitive to alcohol you might.

My perception of any benefit was similar to yours, slight to none.

Buttersworth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't find that the complete formula added much if any throat hit personally, however, if you are sensitive to alcohol you might.

My perception of any benefit was similar to yours, slight to none.
However on that note. i'm not after throat hit. It's a (wet) vape that doesn't dry your mouth or flavor. wanting and leaving you to believe you should just eat the juice. I must find a way to hydrate PG based flavors without diluting VG for vapor production..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After thought it is a gooey vape you want not wet.. Well maybe wet and gooey

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I re-read the earlier posts, thinking perhaps I had missed something. If you enjoy voluminous vapor and dislike the dryness you experience from PG (other ingredient variations aside) why not increase the VG percentage. Many allow the flavorings (And sometimes nic base) to contribute the PG constituent of their liquids with the remainder VG.

Or did I miss something?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I re-read the earlier posts, thinking perhaps I had missed something. If you enjoy voluminous vapor and dislike the dryness you experience from PG (other ingredient variations aside) why not increase the VG percentage. Many allow the flavorings (And sometimes nic base) to contribute the PG constituent of their liquids with the remainder VG.

Or did I miss something?
It's hard to describe the actual difference when using water as part of your base.
I've never used Saline, but I do use distilled water occasionally.

When I use it, I only use 5%.
The Saline will/should affect the taste a bit (+ or -). I suspect that's why the numbers are 3-4%.
While the water base of the Saline will affect the vape experience altogether.

Buttersworth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's hard to describe the actual difference when using water as part of your base.
I've never used Saline, but I do use distilled water occasionally.

When I use it, I only use 5%.
The Saline will/should affect the taste a bit (+ or -). I suspect that's why the numbers are 3-4%.
While the water base of the Saline will affect the vape experience altogether.
The problem is that there is 30% flavoring. 70% vg

Buttersworth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I found on a new sticky note that this may help.
Triethyl Citrate- Sold by tpa. This is an emulsifier used to make essential
oils water soluable. It is used by fa, tpa, inw, fw, cap, hs, and just about every
flavor company everywhere. It is used in most popular flavors. This is the "secret
ingredient" that turns oil soluables into water soluables, if you know how to use
it. think of it as "the flavorer's stone", sought after to turn crap flavors into
gold.

Maybe if I add .10% to my flavor mix with 4% distilled water. What would you think. Any suggestions.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
oils water soluable. It is used by fa, tpa, inw, fw, cap, hs, and just about every
flavor company everywhere. It is used in most popular flavors. This is the "secret
ingredient" that turns oil soluables into water soluables, if you know how to use
it. think of it as "the flavorer's stone", sought after to turn crap flavors into
gold.

Maybe if I add .10% to my flavor mix with 4% distilled water. What would you think. Any suggestions.
Sounds interesting, but is it safe to vape would be my question?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
gold.

I feel a natural skepticism regarding a "the flavorer's stone" stone or any "magic bullet" which can "turn crap flavors into gold." There are many chemical additives available st TPA (and elsewhere) which have varied effects on e-liquids. This description is extreme, however, and reads "too good to be true" to these jaded eyes. This is just one man's opinion, of course, and, of course, I'll research it (as that is my humble nature). On the other hand, if it were true, it would make one hell of an additive. On the other other hand, if true, you'd think someone would've marketed it by now. And on the third hand, if true and no one has marketed it, you'd better do so! :)

Buttersworth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I feel a natural skepticism regarding a "the flavorer's stone" stone or any "magic bullet" which can "turn crap flavors into gold." There are many chemical additives available st TPA (and elsewhere) which have varied effects on e-liquids. This description is extreme, however, and reads "too good to be true" to these jaded eyes. This is just one man's opinion, of course, and, of course, I'll research it (as that is my humble nature). On the other hand, if it were true, it would make one hell of an additive. On the other other hand, if true, you'd think someone would've marketed it by now. And on the third hand, if true and no one has marketed it, you'd better do so! :)
I agree

51vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you are saying that to put 9% of salt water in with your ejuice? salt water dehydrates a person how could this help?

The .9% saline solution is the same dilution you use for nasal sprays and eye drops. The salinity is at such a low concentration that the juice will not taste salty. I have noticed after using this in my juices that they appear to have a wetter feel, careful putting too much in as it really thins out the juice. I would suspect that the .9% is enough to draw some moisture with out completely drying your mouth.

I have also noticed PG dominant liquid tends to give me a wetter vape than a VG based liquid. Not sure how others feel about that though.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The .9% saline solution is the same dilution you use for nasal sprays and eye drops. The salinity is at such a low concentration that the juice will not taste salty. I have noticed after using this in my juices that they appear to have a wetter feel, careful putting too much in as it really thins out the juice. I would suspect that the .9% is enough to draw some moisture with out completely drying your mouth.

I have also noticed PG dominant liquid tends to give me a wetter vape than a VG based liquid. Not sure how others feel about that though.

Right you are, 51vape. Saline hydrates. Regarding the PG/VG issue, my experiecce has been just the opposite but that's what makes people, this site and DIY so interesting!

cass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just some interesting info.....I have no idea how this would relate to vaping but I am sure it will and maybe you who are far more knowledgeable than me can figure it out....VG at 100% has a vapor point of 554 F...at 95% VG and 5% water it drops to a vapor point of 327 F....at 10% water its 280 F 15% water its 260 F and at 20% water the vapor point is 249 F......Just FYI.......

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just some interesting info.....I have no idea how this would relate to vaping but I am sure it will and maybe you who are far more knowledgeable than me can figure it out....VG at 100% has a vapor point of 554 F...at 95% VG and 5% water it drops to a vapor point of 327 F....at 10% water its 280 F 15% water its 260 F and at 20% water the vapor point is 249 F......Just FYI.......

Interesting data, @cass, thanks for sharing it! :)

QuestForVapology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can say with confidence that adding a <2-3% Capellas (not FA or TPA, trust me) Cucumber will make your vape more watery/gushy without much cucumber taste if you like that. Good with fruits, but I wouldn't put it in creams/custards.

Last edited:

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've just read through this entire thread (really interesting stuff on base combos). However, I wonder whether it perhaps has taken a turn down an (interesting but) diversionary (?) road.

I have a few questions that may explain why this is the case.

1. What do you friends normally vape? Their own DIY, premade, from a certain company?

I ask this because I find it unlikely that, especially if they vape a wide variety of juices, the answer is the need for saline. If you are mixing at 30/70, that is pretty standard.

2. Where do you source your vg/pg? Have you used any from another brand in the past? I've used vg from 3 different suppliers and one in particular is noticeably thicker than the others.

3. What kind of flavourings do you tend to mix? Bakery, custard, fruits? Are there any flavours or additives that you use a lot? Do you have preferences different from your friends? For example, I use a lot of fruits, often with light cream type flavours - these are what I vape day to day. Occasionally I mix up a chocolate type mix from VU but never stick with it after more than a couple of hours - because it is so dry to me (To the point it makes my teeth feel wierd)! I feel as though if I vaped those all the time, however, I wouldn't notice it!

I hope that has all made sense... I tend to waffle!

Hope you find an answer!

EDIT: I find 2 drops of Koolada per 10ml helps give a nicer mouth feel (I guess you could say moisture). Maybe worth a try?

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also,

Is this just one friend?

Are they using a different Atty? Vaping at higher watts? Is the juice your friend tried a higher Nic level than they are used to?

Do they mix their own juice? If so, have you compared any consistent differences?

How many of your juices have they vaped? Are we talking about just one recipe or a few? If a few, are they all as 'dry' as each other or are some particularly dry?

Have you noticed a difference to other juices? Do you vape premade juices too? Mix recipes posted by others here or elsewhere? Just vape your own recipes? Can you see what your friend means when they say it is dry?

What Nic are you using?

Do you use flavourings from one specific company or from multiple ones?

Sorry for the barrage of questions! I don't expect you to answer them all. I'm putting them here as I can see all of these things contributing to a difference in moisture in some way.

Again, I hope it helps in some way! :)

VU Sponsors